Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Move Over Tesla. Here Comes Cadillac.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Super Cruise was in operational road testing in 2012.

Self-Driving Car in Cadillac’s Future

You should be slamming on them for taking so long, not how they are going to "immediately best Tesla".

Look, I realize you hate Tesla and your issues with them are spewed across multiple threads with the same tired BS... If you honestly think GMs first production rollout of this functionality is going to immediately be better than what Tesla already has today AP1 or AP2, then I have a bridge to sell you and some ocean front property in Arizona should you be looking at some fine real-estate...

Jeff

As for me personally, I will never EVER buy another GM car EVER again after the way they've behaved as a company to suppress Tesla's ability to sell their cars. If you think illegal and unethical market manipulation is okay then go ahead, buy your GM made car. I hope you'll be really happy... Currently we have a Model S and a Volt. The Volt was purchased before I fully realized the lengths GM would go to in order to crush a competitor and as such, that will be my last GM car. It was bought with 0% financing so I'm going to ride it out and eventually "trade" it for a Model X to go with our S. Guck FM... (Mods if that was unacceptable I understand completely and will remove the last sentence should you like me to do so)

Jeff

Reactions: cdub
As for me personally, I will never EVER buy another GM car EVER again after the way they've behaved as a company to suppress Tesla's ability to sell their cars. If you think illegal and unethical market manipulation is okay then go ahead, buy your GM made car. I hope you'll be really happy... Currently we have a Model S and a Volt. The Volt was purchased before I fully realized the lengths GM would go to in order to crush a competitor and as such, that will be my last GM car. It was bought with 0% financing so I'm going to ride it out and eventually "trade" it for a Model X to go with our S. Guck FM... (Mods if that was unacceptable I understand completely and will remove the last sentence should you like me to do so)

Jeff

Personally for me I wish Tesla had a more regular dealer network and did not only sell direct. The way it is now the only dealer I can use to service my vehicle is over 1 1/2 hours away. If they used a regular dealer network it would offer better competition and more reasonable service rates and parts availability.

Personally for me I wish Tesla had a more regular dealer network and did not only sell direct. The way it is now the only dealer I can use to service my vehicle is over 1 1/2 hours away. If they used a regular dealer network it would offer better competition and more reasonable service rates and parts availability.
This is all doubtful, and in addition you'd be paying more for the car up front. More Service Centres are coming, and also a renewed Ranger service.

Look, I realize you hate Tesla and your issues with them are spewed across multiple threads with the same tired BS... If you honestly think GMs first production rollout of this functionality is going to immediately be better than what Tesla already has today AP1 or AP2, then I have a bridge to sell you and some ocean front property in Arizona should you be looking at some fine real-estate...

Jeff

Tesla makes the finest EVs in the world. But apparently you believe it's also the only Perfect Car Designed By God and Driven Off the Mountain by Moses. Flawless, cannot be improved. Things that appear to be issues are actually highly advanced features.

I don't think that way about any product.

That's simply factually wrong. There is nothing Tesla gains by allowing a 3rd party dealership to get involved. You as the customer do not benefit, Tesla as a corporation does not benefit, NO ONE WINS. You are delusional if you think adding a middle man will bring costs down and improve the experience.

Your issues aren't with the model, they're with the pace of expansion to properly support that model. That, by itself, is an extremely valid criticism of Tesla, no doubt. However, your cure is far, far, far, far worse than the disease... Time will solve this problem as Tesla continues to expand.

Jeff

Reactions: cdub and TexasEV
Tesla makes the finest EVs in the world. But apparently you believe it's also the only Perfect Car Designed By God and Driven Off the Mountain by Moses. Flawless, cannot be improved. Things that appear to be issues are actually highly advanced features.

I don't think that way about any product.

LOL... Only that's not what I said at all... Your criticisms, across multiple threads, show a clear and obvious disdain for Tesla and it really makes me wonder why in the world you even own one? Most of us here are not immune to criticism of Tesla, I know I have said some very strong things about the way they've handled different situations, and other issues related to the build quality of the cars, features, functionality, etc... Yet most of us seem to also be able to appreciate all the things Tesla has accomplished in the short time that they have, warts and all. Whereas you seem to only be interested in focusing on the negative. Are you upset that someone called you out on it? What exactly is your problem?

Jeff

LOL... Only that's not what I said at all... Your criticisms, across multiple threads, show a clear and obvious disdain for Tesla and it really makes me wonder why in the world you even own one? Most of us here are not immune to criticism of Tesla, I know I have said some very strong things about the way they've handled different situations, and other issues related to the build quality of the cars, features, functionality, etc... Yet most of us seem to also be able to appreciate all the things Tesla has accomplished in the short time that they have, warts and all. Whereas you seem to only be interested in focusing on the negative. Are you upset that someone called you out on it? What exactly is your problem?

Jeff

You assume that anything positive about a non-Tesla car is blind hatred of Tesla Motors products.

Reactions: NerdUno
I don't feel that Tesla has any different "dealer/service" coverage than any other niche player. It isn't a ford/gm with a significant number of cars in every city through out the country.

I don't see a huge number of "dealers" popping up even if the model changed.

As the 3 starts selling, this picture will of course change.

The main reason Elon didn't want to do dealers was because most dealers would carry other brands (there is no way a "franchised" dealer would be in business just selling Tesla's). The manufacturers of those vehicles could offer deep discounts and push the other brand(s) to kill Tesla sales + most dealers don't really know how to sell a technology product.

With that being said, I think the direct sales model works- it is the service component that is the issue. There is no reason that Tesla can't use existing franchised dealers for servicing their vehicles. Selling the cars is not the issue its the service that is the problem. At the very least Tesla could offer in-warranty service at franchised dealers- this wasn't an issue in the early days because there was quite a robust ranger program that was far more convenient than taking the vehicle to a service center.

Tesla service is not any cheaper than any other luxury brands; from my experience.

The next time I have to drive four hours to get my car serviced "at cost" according to Elon, I'll thank @jeffro01 for reminding me how lucky I am to be a Tesla owner without a dealer network.

Service? According to Elon, "There is no service." And that's been my experience. 120,000 miles, two different Teslas over 4.5 years. I don't take my car anywhere to get it serviced. Once, while in the far away town on other business, I stopped by Tesla to have them fix a rattle in the pano. 15 minutes. Life is hard.

Every luxury brand that I've owned for the last decade came with free service for the first 36,000 to 100,000 miles. Tesla charges over $2,000 for the honor to cover the first four years. Is that just another profit item??

Total of 4 annual service inspections
Each inspection performed every 12 months/12,500 miles
Learn more

$2,400

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: M0DEL³
Every luxury brand that I've owned for the last decade came with free service for the first 36,000 to 100,000 miles. Tesla charges over $2,000 for the honor to cover the first four years. Is that just another profit item??

Total of 4 annual service inspections
Each inspection performed every 12 months/12,500 miles
Learn more

$2,400

Just like your other intellectually devoid quip about wanting a stealership network... YAWN... Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Some people will never be happy, no matter what you do.

Jeff

Go away, Troller Boy.

So let me get this straight, you post a thread about how Cadillac is going to instantly overtake Tesla upon the release of it's currently vaporware system and you're seemingly upset about someone willing to call you out on it? I see... I'm not likely to go anywhere anytime soon so either you can put me on ignore, which I'd venture to say you won't be the first person to do that, or just don't read my posts. I'm not here seeking personal gratification nor do I care if anyone likes me for that matter... I enjoy the community and engaging in discussion and banter over topics relating to a company I'm very personal passionate about. I don't always agree with said company and am very critical at times, but in the end at least to date, I'm still here to call things like I see them.

Jeff