Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS is going in for warranty work. What to expect for a loaner?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not true. When Tesla rents you an ICE car, Tesla pays for your gas.

Aat least it did as of ~5 months ago

That is so nice of your service center to do it. .My car died (battery did not charge and whole car shut down when supercharging) on a road trip to St. Augustine, Florida and they gave me a loaner and I had to pay for the gas.

I was using ICE car for local use (first day).

The manager called me and said that I might have to pay for one day of rental ( out of 2 days) and when I complained ...they just took care of it.

But still ended up paying for gas + toll charges that the Tesla personnel used ( not me).:confused:

I've only been in for service once so far. When I arrived, there was a guy ahead of me turning his car in, and they gave him a 60. He went out and then came back in and asked if he could have the 85 sitting next to it. They apologized and told him that was for me. He scowled and asked why. They looked surprised and explained I had driven over 180 miles to get to the service center to drop off my car and that the 60 wouldn't get me back home.

I think he realized he'd been a bit of an ass, because he looked somewhat affronted and left with a mumbled apology. I thanked the staff for their forethought...

My CPO 2013 P85+ 12v went down yesterday - dead in my driveway. Before the tow truck got here the Buena Park service center showed up with a P90D with Ludicrous. Wow - I almost passed out. The loaner has only 3400 miles on it. I only had my P85+ back for three days after it was in the body shop for five weeks after hitting a coyote when the 12v went down.

Got my car delivered Nov 30th and had some scratches on hood on delivery and noticed a large dull swirl on the passenger door when viewing at the right angle and light. So I hoped when I came back a week later that I would get a Tesla loaner when they detailed my car since they said it would take 3+hrs. I came in promptly at the 10am scheduled appointment but no such luck. I was offered Enterprise cars. My choices were Toyota Prius, Chrysler 200 or a Dodge Challenger.

I took the Challenger which would be the opposite to a Tesla. I didn't pay attention to what type of Challenger it was and I had them shred my paperwork after I returned the car. One of the features of the car was a performance monitor which tests your 0-60 time. It currently had a time of 9.8s. Before I returned it, I floored it once. Well I guess I should say I eased into it from start since I didn't know if there would be wheel spin. Did best that time with a 6.1s though. :biggrin:

I was surprised the other monitor did show the car was averaging like 25MPG which my old Infiniti G35 was averaging 20-21MPG.