Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MSM or Black M3 Performance?

Which of the darker colours looks best on M3 Performance?

• Black

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • MSM

Votes: 25 56.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, I know this is totally subjective and you can't really go wrong with any colour - but convince me either way which is the better colour to go for on the Performance model out of Black or MSM.... Owner pics are always welcome :p

Not a performance but an MSM with Dechrome here:

20200724_151518 (1).jpg

Reactions: Dazguy and byeLT4
Black looks amazing, but you must be completely obsessive on cleaning if you are going to avoid swirl marks that quickly make it look tired. I ended up with MSM, would have loved silver or the really pearlescent blues that you see on some of the German cars.

Ok, I know this is totally subjective and you can't really go wrong with any colour - but convince me either way which is the better colour to go for on the Performance model out of Black or MSM.... Owner pics are always welcome :p

The only drawback to Midnight Silver Metallic is that some thoughtless people (including DVLA) refer to it as grey!! Sheesh ... I paid good money for that colour too ...

Don't know if it's the same colors on the M3, but my previous MS was black to go with my other (performance) cars. However, compared to the (admittedly high end) other cars I had it was very flat and industrial looking.

My current MS with MSM OTOH has a nice blue metallic flakes - lots of them - which make it look suitably high end.

After having a couple of black cars, I've said never again. As already said it's fine you you enjoy cleaning it and have plenty of time to do so, black shows up dirt worse than white, also scratches and dings are more noticeable the darker the colour is. You need to dry it every wash or the water spots look terrible, although you get this on MSM too. I might be wrong but I think black is just a flat black not metallic like MSM so no sparkle in the sun. Black does look great if it's in tip top condition, I went MSM but it's still a touch darker grey than I would have liked.

black shows up dirt worse than white

Not my experience, my Model 3 is Black and other half's Leaf is White, white is more or less grubby every time it goes onto the motorway. I did get a ceramic coating which makes it easier to clean and comes back to looking like new each time. Yes in hard water areas you need to either dry or use filtered water, but the same goes for white. The black is black, not messing around with metallic ....

``It's the wild colour scheme that freaks me,'' said Zaphod whose love affair with this ship had lasted almost three minutes into the flight, ``Every time you try to operate on of these weird black controls that are labelled in black on a black background, a little black light lights up black to let you know you've done it. What is this? Some kind of galactic hyperhearse?''

The walls of the swaying cabin were also black, the ceiling was black, the seats --- which were rudimentary since the only important trip this ship was designed for was supposed to be unmanned --- were black, the control panel was black, the instruments were black, the little screws that held them in place were black, the thin tufted nylon floor covering was black, and when they had lifted up a corner of it they had discovered that the foam underlay also was black.

``Perhaps whoever designed it had eyes that responded to different wavelengths,'' offered Trillian.

``Or didn't have much imagination,'' muttered Arthur.

before buying my white Ioniq, I was at a Lexus dealership on one of the hottest days of the year. Stood between a black and a white car, I touched both and nearly burnt myself on the black one! Bought a white Ioniq. Hence I then I then bought a blue Tesla for a change 🤣