Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk: V10 wide release "hopefully end of august" after early access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank
Thanks. While you were scoring, I was editing my original post.

I'm most interested to learn about the AP updates. Nothing in the notes really talks about this. Is it just smoother, similar to other updates, or can it handle different scenarios?

Also, is this the end of AP updates? Well, the last of the features, not continuous improvements. Enhanced Summon is the last thing mentioned on the website.

Autopilot

Anything beyond that is FSD?

I'm most interested to learn about the AP updates. Nothing in the notes really talks about this. Is it just smoother, similar to other updates, or can it handle different scenarios?

Also, is this the end of AP updates? Well, the last of the features, not continuous improvements. Enhanced Summon is the last thing mentioned on the website.

Autopilot

Anything beyond that is FSD?

I'm thinking/hoping the AP update is the switch to full resolution NNs developed specifically for AP3 hardware, but I have no evidence of that.

Smart Summon would be a logical place to start using that, and we've seen that the car is providing more detailed, more immediate visualizations, which would be easier if it's getting more data processed.

Only thing I have heard about is that Elon said lane offset would be better in Version 10. Would not count on it being in 10.0 though.

I'd like to think it will be smoother but I'm not holding my breath. I'd also like it to not to be a happy little blindspot camper but also not on pins and needles there.

Enhanced Summon makes EAP delivery complete I suppose. But it sounds like EAP will likely get Smart Park too, whatever that is - though it is unclear - I'm saying this based on context, not anything explicit. All I know is we deserve it. ;)

I'm sure both AP and EAP will get additional features that improve the performance for a while longer - but it'll probably be focused on safety improvements, not convenience features associated with the driving task.

I'm thinking/hoping the AP update is the switch to full resolution NNs developed specifically for AP3 hardware, but I have no evidence of that.

Actually the evidence could be the new driver visualizations that now show different lane types, more lanes, incoming traffic, cross traffic, etc. That would seem to support the notion that V10 is using a more complex NN.

Reactions: willow_hiller
Actually the evidence could be the new driver visualizations that now show different lane types, more lanes, incoming traffic, cross traffic, etc. That would seem to support the notion that V10 is using a more complex NN.

The real evidence will be whether it behaves differently in AP3 cars and AP2/2.5 cars - I believe the latter don't have the horsepower to handle the full resolution NNs...

Reactions: diplomat33
I hope so. I'm waiting for the day that our cars actually start learning from scenarios that we go through EVERY SINGLE DAY where we have to take over to correct the AP decision.

It's hard to say that they are really using NN yet if the car repeats the same mistakes for weeks/months on end.

I'd say you're underestimating Tesla Theater.
Especially when Tesla upgrades Supercharger spots to add Wifi.
Plus then they'll be able to add multiplayer games so you can compete with other people at a supercharger.
Seems like an awful idea as you want people to leave the supercharger ASAP when they have enough and not when they (or their kids) finish a 'game' level.

Smart Summon would be a logical place to start using that, and we've seen that the car is providing more detailed, more immediate visualizations, which would be easier if it's getting more data processed.

AP3? Isn’t it AP2,5 w HW3 computer...