Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk: V10 wide release "hopefully end of august" after early access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got v10 this morning on my 2018 3 with AP2.5

I haven't had much chance to do much with it other than notice the nice outline of where my car will go during auto lane change.
It handled my ~20 mile freeway commute fine as usual.

I did notice that my music on flash drive was all showing "loading error" when I tried to play it. I had to unplug flash drive and replug before it started working.

I tried opening spotify but it appears to need a premium account sign in to work. (I am not currently a subscriber.)

Anyone here got V10 ? How is the AP working ?

To me that's the most important aspect.

I've no idea why people are so excited about Slacker to Spotify change.

One significant difference I noticed on the drive home, which I think Elon promised a few weeks ago: the car changes lane keeping around trucks now.

When anything that gets a big truck icon is nearby in an adjacent lane - in my case, a semi tanker, a small U-haul truck, and a school bus - the car goes away from it, splitting the distance between the lines about one third-two thirds.

Navigate on Autopilot is better, but still has room to grow. After switching lanes to pass on the right in a lane that consistently bogs down a quarter mile up, it ended up sitting with a turn signal on for thirty seconds or so with a couple aborted starts to lane changes while the annoyed folks it had just passed hurried by not letting it in.

• Informative
Reactions: conman
Yep 100%! I know new advancements come out seems like everyday, but what was the most upsetting was the huge price change that affected a lot of current customers and the values of their cars. If pricing were kept the same I don’t think there would have been much complaint within the Tesla Community. Year to Year the price of the car should have stayed the same as newer technologies make it into the car, but adding the price drop to the mix screwed over a lot of loyal customers.

If the price drop is screwing customers what is charging them more year after year for small upgrades as the major manufactures do?
People seem to accept that if the want more mileage, top speed, or acceleration they have to pay more for a new car. Tesla flips this on it's head by ensuring your old car gets as much of the upgrades as they can put into the car for free.

And I think we have to accept the EVs are in their infancy on their technology curve. We are paying the premium for getting the first 286 powered PC level of cars. And someday soon there will be a 386 unit that is much faster, uses less power, longer range, and costs 50% of what we paid for the 286. And is also sleeker, sexier, has full time 5G connectivity, better self-drive....

Reactions: EVNow
I tried opening spotify but it appears to need a premium account sign in to work. (I am not currently a subscriber.)
This was a surprise - given nobody had mentioned this. I thought it would work like slacker.

https://www.tesla.com/support/software-version-10-0#spotify
Spotify
Finally — the wait is over.

BYOA — bring your own account and log into Spotify from the Media menu to listen to music with immersive sound. Enjoy every song, playlist and podcast available, including a few suggestions from Tesla. Spotify Premium is required.

It was ready to download and told me to connect to wifi. wifi at work isnt set up... drove around looking for wifi. update went away :(

It'll be back. There have been a few folk that reported updates downloading for hours and 20 or 30 GB downloaded. Apparently there's a glitch that can happen that locks the download into a loop somehow. So I've read on FB that Tesla pulled it and will be re launching it shortly. Not sure if that'll be the same version with some sort of downloader tweak or if 32.10.3 is in the offing.

I noticed the yellow software download button on my car screen for first time this am when leaving for work. No App notifications like i used to get even tho that selection is checked in my App. So waited until came home to download the software. Loaded to car and shortly in 15 mins alerted on my App that a software is available to download like it always did. After 30 mins it downloaded 2019.31.10.2.
I love the "Come to me" command n my App. Smart Summon has a Standby mode which I have selected so that the cameras and sensors are powered. However, like the sentry mode it will use the battery. I have included some pics here. May do in 2 or 3 posts. IMG_20190927_184801.jpgScreenshot_20190927-183349.pngIMG_20190927_184433.jpgIMG_20190927_185229.jpg

I noticed the yellow software download button on my car screen for first time this am when leaving for work. No App notifications like i used to get even tho that selection is checked in my App.

You only get the notice in the app after it has been downloaded and it's ready to install. You get the yellow button when there's an update ready to be downloaded.

• Informative
Reactions: motocoder