Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mustang Mach E is a Gamechanger - My Opinion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has some proprietary battery tech they acquired from Maxwell that could give them a major advantage for a long time. If they can actually get the gains Maxwell claimed in the patent studies.

They also have the patent on Jeff Dahn's work. That may give them batteries that go over 1 million miles. While interesting for cars, this is probably more important for the Tesla's truck and energy storage businesses.

3) Having drive two hours away to the nearest service center for warranty work has been a pain over the last year, but I knew that going into ownership. It is annoying when it is over minor squeaks and rattles, but having a service center close by would be nice. Tesla service is not that great either, and the service center is always bumping full. They don't even do state inspections.

Your sig says Raleigh. There’s a service center in Raleigh...

The model 3 performance with 21" rims sees about a 20-30% hit on EPA range, down to about 250.

The largest wheel available on a Model 3 performance is 20", not 21".

The EPA rating for the 2020 Performance model with the 20" wheels is 299 miles.
Screenshot%202020-02-05%20at%209.05.55%20PM.png

Are you just making stuff up as you going along in this thread?

Tesla has some proprietary battery tech they acquired from Maxwell that could give them a major advantage for a long time. If they can actually get the gains Maxwell claimed in the patent studies.
The largest wheel available on a Model 3 performance is 20", not 21".

The EPA rating for the 2020 Performance model with the 20" wheels is 299 miles.
Screenshot%202020-02-05%20at%209.05.55%20PM.png

Are you just making stuff up as you going along in this thread?

Nope, 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance range was 15% less than aero wheels
url

Nope, 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance range was 15% less than aero wheels
url

Nope what? You said the model 3 performance gets 20-30% less range down to about 250 miles with 21" wheels.

That's flat out wrong on multiple levels and regardless of model year (which you didn't specify).

Model 3 performance doesn't come with 21" wheels.

Model 3 performance doesn't have 250 miles of EPA rated range, regardless of year or wheel configuration.

Also, the image you tried to link doesn't work.

Screen-Shot-2018-07-17-at-5.52.34-AM.jpg

Reactions: E Dizzle
Nope what? You said the model 3 performance gets 20-30% less range down to about 250 miles with 21" wheels.

That's flat out wrong on multiple levels and regardless of model year (which you didn't specify).

Model 3 performance doesn't come with 21" wheels.

Model 3 performance doesn't have 250 miles of EPA rated range, regardless of year or wheel configuration.

Also, the image you tried to link doesn't work.

Screen-Shot-2018-07-17-at-5.52.34-AM.jpg
Don’t worry about it. Its some chart he dug up because it makes him feel better about his decision to buy the “mustang”. Which it not a damn mustang. Ford is hopeful that dragging that name out will entice people to buy. Its a travesty.

The Mach E looks great and has some very impressive specs. Glad to see a major manufacturer make a serious EV that isn’t a weird mobile like the BMW i3. However, until other fast charging networks start to rival Tesla’s supercharging network I will never, ever, ever consider an EV from another brand. I just checked my supercharging history and I haven’t visited one in over 6 months so I’m obviously not a heavy supercharger user. However knowing that I have access to the most expansive fast charging network for my handful of road trips a year is a huge deal to me and I’m sure many others.

The Mach E looks great and has some very impressive specs. Glad to see a major manufacturer make a serious EV that isn’t a weird mobile like the BMW i3. However, until other fast charging networks start to rival Tesla’s supercharging network I will never, ever, ever consider an EV from another brand. I just checked my supercharging history and I haven’t visited one in over 6 months so I’m obviously not a heavy supercharger user. However knowing that I have access to the most expansive fast charging network for my handful of road trips a year is a huge deal to me and I’m sure many others.
Hey i applaud the appearance of them getting in the EV game. But its ugly and should never have been called a Mustang let alone soil the Mach designation, its an SUV for crying out loud. Here is the difference, dealerships are going to mark this thing up like there is no tomorrow. Good luck getting one at MSRP unless the tax rebate gets it there, hell thats probably exactly what they will claim too. Price for the top of the line GT is supposed to be just north of 60K and that gets you a 0-60 mid 3second and a range of 300 tops. Now we all know the real world range will be lower so by those data points Tesla has them beat. Also how many of these are they making per year?

Last edited: