Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My experience with FSD beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I came back from a trip to discover my S had downloaded FSD. I checked the boxes and nothing happened. Assumed I had made a mistake. Drove for a few days and 150 or so miles and when turning the corner the FSD visulation popped up. Today I decided to try it on a very simple trip. It ran through a big flashing warning sign for a curve, made a right turn by swerving into the bike lane, slamming on the brakes, and turning at about 20 mph. Then it ran a school sign and in a curve started screaming take over immediately as it shut off. Total drive less than 4miles. So, I put it in chill and set speed offset to negative 5 and tried again. Sitting in a right turn lane stopped, with nav clearly showing the turn, the car yanked the wheel violently back and forth and shut down. Trip 0 feet. One more time, going straight in a 35 zone the car needed to make a right turn using a turn lane. It entered the lane, but didn’t turn on the signal, then it quit. Trip a quarter mile. How you guys are surviving this, I don’t know.
we don't use it. I am fine with cruise control.