Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My experience with Tesla's new Mobile Service (documented with pictures)

Have you ever used the Tesla Mobile Service?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would be curious to know if they could still plug the tire if you used one of those tire repair kits (like the one Tesla sells). I thought about getting one of those just in case I have a flat somewhere and it is 115+ out here (I know I can still run the AC).

The one time I had a flat tire in the last 5+ years was on my way to catch a flight. Luckily my car at that time had a spare.

I would be curious to know if they could still plug the tire if you used one of those tire repair kits (like the one Tesla sells). I thought about getting one of those just in case I have a flat somewhere and it is 115+ out here (I know I can still run the AC).

The one time I had a flat tire in the last 5+ years was on my way to catch a flight. Luckily my car at that time had a spare.

i personally would not use the sealant type because you end up having to replace the tire

what i keep in my car:
air compressor
tire plug kit
pair of pliers

@

@aesculus I keep a copy of Continental's repair instructions in my glove box. This shows the authorized method for cutting away a piece of foam (like in the photo above) and patching a puncture. You can show this to any tire facility if they are reluctant to repair. I put a copy on Dropbox here.

@aesculus Sorry to hear about your experience but I agree with @Solarman004 Continental (the brand on my MX) has instructions on repairing, so the tires are definitely repairable.

I had a screw through my right rear tire when I picked up my X. The tire was damaged when they drive it off the truck into the lot. They repaired the tire and ordered a new one for me. I got a call when the new tire arrived and they replaced the repaired one with a new one. Just what I expected with a new car. I doubt that older tires would be replaced if they could be repaired safely.