Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My First Tesla-2021 Model S Plaid MSM-Pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Random shot of my car since this is my thread LOL (JOKE)

Freshly detailed ---

AJFCJaXTMyE8d-VWdOu3Sgfe5HbwQYpm7WHjGd7-HAI5osKv42wVJbmUG8f1HCihVapfA7hrVlyflthkY-Q-DmIgx2IICu172N8rBIqEkPu6PQhTHyKXI0_E4U9ZJRvSC7Yq7E74htez3Psxr_S3VNvg2OsI=w1787-h1007-s-no

@vic55 Thanks for the R&D on spacers LOL

I currently have N2itive camber arms in the rear. I finally got around to lowering the car with links, and wanted to poke the wheels out more. I realized once I got the camber arms on how much camber the S plaid has in the rear… I can only fit a 5mm in the rear without them poking out like a 16 year old with a G35 😂. Have 20mm coming for the fronts—I hope I don’t have any rubbing issues as I’ve heard mixed reviews with 20mm in the front. Will update once the spacers are on.

@vic55 Thanks for the R&D on spacers LOL

I currently have N2itive camber arms in the rear. I finally got around to lowering the car with links, and wanted to poke the wheels out more. I realized once I got the camber arms on how much camber the S plaid has in the rear… I can only fit a 5mm in the rear without them poking out like a 16 year old with a G35 😂. Have 20mm coming for the fronts—I hope I don’t have any rubbing issues as I’ve heard mixed reviews with 20mm in the front. Will update once the spacers are on.
Out of curiosity, what wheel size are you running, and did you have any rubbing issues with the N2itive parts and following their alignment specs with your wheels? I'm running Signature Wheels in 20" size (don't have the exact specs on me) but my local shop seemed absolutely sure I would rub if I installed the lowering links. Subsequently they are sitting in a box in my garage gathering dust.

Out of curiosity, what wheel size are you running, and did you have any rubbing issues with the N2itive parts and following their alignment specs with your wheels? I'm running Signature Wheels in 20" size (don't have the exact specs on me) but my local shop seemed absolutely sure I would rub if I installed the lowering links. Subsequently they are sitting in a box in my garage gathering dust.
I’m running the factory 21” arachnid. 0 rubbing even with spacers on the rear currently. Fronts come tomorrow

Reactions: brooklyn
If Signature spec’s the wheels they will not rub, period. They are checked through the entire travel of the suspension and steering lock to lock. If they don’t rub now when you go over bumps, they won’t when it’s lower either.

Reactions: brooklyn
If Signature spec’s the wheels they will not rub, period. They are checked through the entire travel of the suspension and steering lock to lock. If they don’t rub now when you go over bumps, they won’t when it’s lower either.
Jamie felt pretty strongly they wouldn't rub, but the local shop was super skittish about it if they aligned to N2itive's recommended alignment specs. I ultimately skipped the links to prioritize saving tires, but the more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to install them and see if it's really an issue. Thanks guys - now back to Vic who hopefully continues to update this thread with banging pics!

Not to rain on parade, but lowering air suspension vehicles via aftermarket links is very much going to reduce the life of the air suspension unit and sacrifice ride quality because you are essentially lopping off a not immaterial amount of suspension travel. It's also going to exacerbate the rear tire wear problem unless you add yet another aftermarket component such as adjustable camber arms.

Maybe some of y'all are new to this, but lower with the pros/cons in mind. Yea, it looks siq, but you're making real concessions for the visual delights.

Reactions: K.I.T.T.23
got it - thanks. I think we're all tracking the implications and most of us who are doing the links to mitigate the half-shaft wear have also installed the adjustable camber arms to deal with the tire wear issue.

got it - thanks. I think we're all tracking the implications and most of us who are doing the links to mitigate the half-shaft wear have also installed the adjustable camber arms to deal with the tire wear issue.
👍🏼

So you’re allegedly trading one problem for another. Lol

Let’s make it clear that adding more aftermarket components puts you at greater risk of warranty coverage denial(s), however right or wrong, for a car that’s still very 2021 young.

Tesla reminds me of Lexus. You have the Plaid which attracts the auto enthusiast as well as the F, yet because both are so unaccustomed to this type of buyer, they’re resoundingly mod unfriendly.

YMMV

👍🏼

Let’s make it clear that adding more aftermarket components puts you at greater risk of warranty coverage denial(s), however right or wrong, for a car that’s still very 2021 young.

Tesla reminds me of Lexus. You have the Plaid which attracts the auto enthusiast as well as the F, yet because both are so unaccustomed to this type of buyer, they’re resoundingly mod unfriendly.

YMMV
Didn’t realize the sky was falling…

👍🏼

YMMV
rgr - appreciate the advice.

Reactions: bkcyk
My car rides the same as not lowered. I couldn’t care less about the longevity of the suspension as the car is under warranty, and I won’t own it long enough to care. However, I’ve had a bunch of cars previously lowered on air suspension and never ran into issues, so I’m assuming this will be fine as well.