Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My journey to Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick recap of my journey to Model X.

• Been driving a little bit electric since I bought a Toyota Avalon Hybrid in 2013.
  • Have loved the hybrid and 41 ICE mpg.
  • The sound of my Avalon's regenerative braking is 'cha-ching:' $$ into piggybank.
  • Avalon hybrid has a battery-compromised trunk with no folding rear seat. Need more cargo capacity.
  • Daughter's husband bought a Tesla Model S two years ago and still loves it. (Never let me drive it.)
  • Every car I've ever bought has equal or improved efficiency over its predecessor. (Except wife's Jeep Wrangler.)
  • Have looked at SUVs and minivans for the past couple years.
  • Love the idea of the Chrysler Pacifica plug-in hybrid, but not the manufacturer. Or driving a minivan.
  • Could never warm up to the Toyota Highlander Hybrid. And 30 mpg is a step back.
  • Audi Q7 is very nice, except for the step back in efficiency.
  • Wife said, “you always have loved the hybrid, let's go forward and not back.”
  • Test drove a Model X in Rockville, MD on December 27. Loved the power, space, seating and presence of the car.
  • Ordered December 29. Confirmed January 1.
  • Seven seat 100D. Midnight Silver with 20” silver wheels. Autopilot. PUP. Standard interior.
  • Only hard decision was color. Between red, white, silver and gray, went with conservative color because I like the reflectivity and emphasis of body contours.
  • Received welcome email from DS on January 3. VIN issued January 27. DS says delivery before the end of March.

So excited!

Reactions: ModelX
Nice write-up - thanks for sharing! Enjoy your new X!

Patience is virtue during the production process - don't spend too much time hitting reload on the Tesla page for updates - they are usually a bit behind.

Please fill out the Google Doc - that will better help you figure out timing and stage of your vehicle than the Tesla website will.

Model X Order & Delivery 2017

Nice write-up - thanks for sharing! Enjoy your new X!

Patience is virtue during the production process - don't spend too much time hitting reload on the Tesla page for updates - they are usually a bit behind.

Please fill out the Google Doc - that will better help you figure out timing and stage of your vehicle than the Tesla website will.

Thanks! I did fill out the spreadsheet.