Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My prediction on Model 3/Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Smugness? You should guard against making opinions of people on the internet that you know nothing about.

So what you post says nothing about you?

Those of you who can read and understand company financials understand. Let’s revisit this topic in Nov 2018

There's that smugness again. And it's coming from someone who has no idea about financial statements and bankruptcies of major corporations. Again, I wish I could bet you. It would be like taking candy from a baby.

I couldn't help smiling while looking at this Youtube video about a 100 mW battery built by Tesla in Southern Australia. It is more than three times the biggest at present and five times the one they built in California which was the biggest back then.
Tesla is indeed more than a car company... much more. That's why all ideas about bottlenecks and bankruptcy are too confined. Elon's ideas go much further and I'm glad to support him when and wherever I can, all be it just by buying the most exciting car since Ford's model T.

Last edited:
I bet I am better at reading financials from both education and experience than you are! But it takes more than just reading financials to make a successful company. It takes vision, passion, commitment and as @kevinof says, "buzz", excitement, and anticipation among the general public. If Tesla can get ~500K reservations from us complete enthusiasts, then what does that mean about the inevitable macro-marketplace for mass appeal of imaginative EV cars of the future to the legacy automakers, progressive countries, and the petroleum industry? That's right, they realize that the next step in the EV concept has arrived for future personal transportation and they realize Tesla is well positioned to take advantage of that future unless they somehow slow down the Tesla juggernaut by spreading FUD, unrealistic concept cars, or phasing out EV incentives (hello USA). AND I know Tesla is doing something right when we have so many naysayers on these "complete enthusiast" Tesla fora that are shorts or heavily invested in the legacy automakers and petroleum industry or just hanging around on a forum that has no impact on someone who is committed to ICE, GM, Ford, Bummer, MBZ, Porch, & Audi and just want to flap their gums.

Go ahead and purchase more ICE if you wish and you will pay for all the hidden costs of ICE in increased personal health care from pollution, global warming impacts on your personal community, and personal loses from wars for petroleum resources. But most important, you will have to explain to your children and grandchildren why you left this world a worse place than you inherited.
I bet your not. But stay full of yourself. It’s an endearing quality.... lol

I want to document this right now so that the Tesla cheerleaders can jump all over me but then I can refer back to this post in one years time. The Model 3 will bankrupt Tesla. The bottleneck will get worse, the "cancelation of orders" dam will burst in the next 6 months (Americans hate waiting for anything) and that will be the beginning of the end.

How original, a prediction of Tesla bankruptcy. Haven't heard that one almost every day for over 10 years now :rolleyes: I know, this time it's different, unlike all the other times. If I had a dollar for every time I heard that...oh wait, I do because I've been long TSLA for years, in spite of so many telling me how wrong I was and how much smarter they were.

Back to the original post. He predicted cancellation of orders within six months. I assume he meant reservations.

I think that a high number of cancellations are extremely unlikely. The slower the car rolls out, the more exclusive the vehicle. Reservations become more precious.

I do think the conversion rate to orders is unknown. Many reservation holders may not act immediately, especially current Tesla owners. But no one knows. Whatever the reservation queue, like most people I don't believe Tesla will have a model 3 demand problem this decade.

I would like to see a model of Tesla's finances if they only sell 200-250K total vehicles next year. I just watch Bjorn's recap of MX issues (
). I can't watch that video and seriously consider 5000 M3 a week by the end of next year.

I bet your not. But stay full of yourself. It’s an endearing quality.... lol

You come here and tell us exactly how it is -- to the extent that...

I want to document this right now so that the Tesla cheerleaders can jump all over me but then I can refer back to this post in one years time.

And you call @T34ME "full of himself"? You're not exactly displaying that "enduring quality" of modesty yourself. Then again, smugness has a way of making a person myopic.

Lol. You poor misguided soul.

That's your reply to me?

I guess it's to be expected when you lose on the issues and make absurd arguments like Tesla's financial statements can be used to predict a bankruptcy within a year. Even Professor Altman, who developed the widely accepted test for this prediction based on financial statements requires a minimum two year period when the result predicts bankruptcy -- because bankruptcy within a year is difficult given the process and statutory time limits. But we know financial statements and statutory time limits are well beyond your comprehension. And to make it even worse, when called out, your concern suddenly turns to my "misguided soul" -- which means gibberish. Please just throw in the towel instead of using religious imagery that only makes you look foolish. It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. Something tells me we'll never hear that from you, though, even in one year's time.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: erthquake and JRP3
Well, I can say I am definitely better at grammar than "your"! People who flunk Bonehead English but think they can read a financial statement are so endearing; bless "you're" little cotton pickin' heart! ;)
@mkjayakumar gave me a "disagree" on this post. He must not know the difference between "your" and "you're" but I bet he thinks he's an expert on financial statements "to", I mean "two". :D

• Funny
Reactions: Canuck
Well, I can say I am definitely better at grammar than "your"! People who flunk Bonehead English but think they can read a financial statement are so endearing; bless "you're" little cotton pickin' heart! ;)
You have do better than that when you are losing a debate. Also if I may offer some advice, don’t go right to the personal attacks. Try to debate your argument with facts. Just a suggestion. But if it’s validation you need....you are a smart and powerful financial genius. Obviously you know best about Tesla. All hail T34ME

• Funny
Reactions: T34ME
You come here and tell us exactly how it is -- to the extent that...

And you call @T34ME "full of himself"? You're not exactly displaying that "enduring quality" of modesty yourself. Then again, smugness has a way of making a person myopic.

That's your reply to me?

I guess it's to be expected when you lose on the issues and make absurd arguments like Tesla's financial statements can be used to predict a bankruptcy within a year. Even Professor Altman, who developed the widely accepted test for this prediction based on financial statements requires a minimum two year period when the result predicts bankruptcy -- because bankruptcy within a year is difficult given the process and statutory time limits. But we know financial statements and statutory time limits are well beyond your comprehension. And to make it even worse, when called out, your concern suddenly turns to my "misguided soul" -- which means gibberish. Please just throw in the towel instead of using religious imagery that only makes you look foolish. It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. Something tells me we'll never hear that from you, though, even in one year's time.
Professor Altman is an idiot. Terrible track record.

I had no idea that a Porsche Panamera Turbo not only has better reliability, lower repair and maintenance costs, but also has lower emissions than a Model 3. That's pretty amazing. How does it get negative emissions? Does it suck up the emissions of other cars as it drives around?

funny

let's not compare a 160k car with a 40k car it's just too amusing and i could go on for hours and fill up pages but why waste time on a forum.
don't be a hater cuz.

• Disagree
Reactions: Runt8
Nitpicking on grammar reflects poorly on your debating skills. It is obvious OP mistyped 'you are' with 'your'. Big deal.
Exactly. Not uncommon to grasp at these kind of things when flustered. I actuallly feel sorry for the guy
I gave you both a "funny" because "your" both funny. It is hard to take "you're" deflections about excusing improper grammar "win" you want me "too" take you seriously with regards to "you're" understanding of financial statements. If "you're" grammar is sloppy and imprecise, "your" suspect in "you're" understanding of financial statements is sloppy and imprecise. :D Wanna "debait"? Bring it on, "you're" challenge is accepted! ;) ("C'mon", give me a "funny" at "leased"!)