Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My request that the Arizona Attorney General's office investigate Tesla's changes to Ludicrous Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding the dealership model... I am ignorant to how the whole model works. Like forinstance - I will see a ton of cars on a dealership lot... and wonder if they need to sell all of them? Or do they ship back to the OEM the left overs, to make room for the new ones, and get reimbursed? Do they have to pay up front for each car? Maybe only a percentage of the upfront cost of each vehicle?

Thanks. Just curious...
I found a good article on it online - FYI

How Car Dealers Are Run

I am at Tesla now. They are removing the ludicrous option. I am not able to discuss anything further related to the castration.

I am happy that I can drive the car as I would like without risking damaging the battery.

I am not happy that I will no longer have that crazy ludicrous power. But in preparation I have been running in sport mode and have been pleasantly surprised at how quick it felt. I am eager to try insane mode and take some power measurements.

I know this is a very personal decision and agree with both sides of the argument in the positives in staying ludicrous or going insane.

Thanks to all the TMC folks who have helped me in making an informed decision.

I am at Tesla now. They are removing the ludicrous option. I am not able to discuss anything further related to the castration.

I am happy that I can drive the car as I would like without risking damaging the battery.

I am not happy that I will no longer have that crazy ludicrous power. But in preparation I have been running in sport mode and have been pleasantly surprised at how quick it felt. I am eager to try insane mode and take some power measurements.

I know this is a very personal decision and agree with both sides of the argument in the positives in staying ludicrous or going insane.

Thanks to all the TMC folks who have helped me in making an informed decision.

Thanks for the update. Glad it worked out for you.

Reactions: Walta
Given the NDA, can pretty much assume based on Walta's response to Mike but not to JRP's compensation question that Tesla is refunding him partial if not total ludicrous price and is removing ludicrous in exchange or by request--the former being most noteworthy for currently neutered L owners.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Good one !

It is really good to have this forum for Tesla owners. To inform owners about the inner workings of their cars and all the details. I don't have any issues with Tesla anymore - but will be sure to stay informed by continuing to stay updated on TMC.
How does insane compare to ludicrous, seat-of-the-pants? Have you tried power tools since the conversion?

How does insane compare to ludicrous, seat-of-the-pants? Have you tried power tools since the conversion?

Previous with ludicrous mode
100 SOC ludicrous with MBR 488 kw 0-60 3.0 seconds
100 SOC ludicrous 466 kw

Now with insane
100 SOC insane with MBR 431 kw 0-60 3.2 seconds
100 SOC insane - still need to do this one
78 SOC insane 408 kw

The off the line jolt in insane feels very similar to ludicrous mode up to 30-40 mph then it feels less of a pull than ludicrous. When pedal mashing on the go - it does not have the thrust I would get from ludicrous mode. It is still impressive, and still gets the job done. Ludicrous on the V3 in full power mode ~510 kw was really amazing. I will miss that.

But to be honest - this car is still VERY quick - and extremely fun to drive. Over the weekend I drove it pretty hard and really enjoyed it. I had changed my driving style earlier to drive aggressively less often, when I was afraid I might damage the battery and maybe lose the V3 to a V1 replacement. I was assured that with the insane version, hard driving is not going to damage the battery, So I am back to driving the way I most enjoy.

Reactions: dhrivnak
I had changed my driving style earlier to drive aggressively less often, when I was afraid I might damage the battery and maybe lose the V3 to a V1 replacement. I was assured that with the insane version, hard driving is not going to damage the battery, So I am back to driving the way I most enjoy.

By v3, which battery part number from the below image do you still have on your P90D after it's downgrade to Insane mode?

URL = https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/attachments/battery-overview-png.228174/