Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My request that the Arizona Attorney General's office investigate Tesla's changes to Ludicrous Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are you asking for in your small claims suit?
Limit in AZ small claims is $3500 unless you want to let lawyers in, then 10K. I am asking for $3500 and neither of us can bring an attorney. Since I paid 10K and the power in everyday driving has been reduced a third, it should be about right.
The guy that I talked to from Tesla says he is not an attorney, but I am sure it goes directly to them. At this point I am not talking to them anymore and waiting for a court date.
Also I just got a notice from FedEx that a delivery from Tesla is scheduled for tomorrow.

Limit in AZ small claims is $3500 unless you want to let lawyers in, then 10K. I am asking for $3500 and neither of us can bring an attorney. Since I paid 10K and the power in everyday driving has been reduced a third, it should be about right.
The guy that I talked to from Tesla says he is not an attorney, but I am sure it goes directly to them. At this point I am not talking to them anymore and waiting for a court date.
Also I just got a notice from FedEx that a delivery from Tesla is scheduled for tomorrow.
Get ready for Tesla to transfer your claim out of small claims court. This entire thread is ridiculous. If you can afford the car, you can afford to pay for legal advice. You obviously need it.

Last edited:
Here is the update.

When the AZ AG told me that Tesla was not responding to their letters and calls, I waited about 10 days and then filed a small claims court suit.
This got Tesla to call me and they asked what I wanted. I told them if they restored everyone's car, I would drop all the complaints and they didn't need to pay me anything. I also told them that if they were not willing to do that, I would not want to sign a NDA for any settlement since all owners needed to be corrected for this error.
Then on the last day for the AZ AG, Tesla filed the letter attached.
Some of it is correct, and some is incorrect.
Because of the small claims complaint, the AZ AG is putting this on hold and they told me that whatever the outcome they will probably not re-open it because it would be settled in that court. When I told them that other AZ residents were affected, he said they would have to file to get this started again. Any AZ residents interested in filing?
Tesla had a deadline of 7-10-17 to respond to the small claims court. I am certain they have responded and am waiting to be contacted by the court.

I'm sure I'll get dislikes from the usual suspects but come on... I sincerely hope Tesla refuses to sell you another car as you have went so far overboard on this it's almost unbelievable... You're the classic example of how out of control litigious our country really is...

I hope you get nothing but I see either Tesla caving or some braindead small claims judge "agree" with your "position"...

Jeff

I'm sure I'll get dislikes from the usual suspects but come on... I sincerely hope Tesla refuses to sell you another car as you have went so far overboard on this it's almost unbelievable... You're the classic example of how out of control litigious our country really is...

I hope you get nothing but I see either Tesla caving or some braindead small claims judge "agree" with your "position"...

Jeff
Don't worry about that happening. Look at my post right above yours. The case will surely be transferred out of small claims court by Tesla. Somehow I'm guessing this guy will represent himself regadless.

Reactions: NathanielHrnblwr
Try the new update 17.26.17 it seems like the power has increased a little again.

Azred if you dont have anything good to say, then let be, we P90D users know what we are talking about. It is a defect in the battery cooling system that lets all these 90 batteries die because it can't handle the power it was thought to handle, so they are doing restrictions so the only way we can use full power is in Launch mode. Tesla says that P100D doesn't have limitation like that, and why is that? Like I said it is a defect in the design of the 90 battery.

azdryheat make this also your argument against Tesla.

I will do some tests today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Walta
Try the new update 17.26.17 it seems like the power has increased a little again.

Mr Lowel if you dont have anything good to say, then let be, we P90D users know what we are talking about. It is a defect in the battery cooling system that lets all these 90 batteries die because it can't handle the power it was thought to handle, so they are doing restrictions so the only way we can use full power is in Launch mode. Tesla says that P100D doesn't have limitation like that, and why is that? Like I said it is a defect in the design of the 90 battery.

Anything good to say? I might be about the only person in this thread that gave him good advice. I see you live in Norway, so my advice to you is to limit your legal suggestions to forums you understand. FYI, if you want to do legal battle with a large US corporation in an Arizona court, the small claims court is probably not going to be the battleground. Tesla will surely want a lawyer and for a small fee they can transfer the action into a regular court.

This thread started with the naive belief the Arizona AG would bring his powers to bear against Tesla and has now shrunken to a small claims court case. The common thread is an angry person who wants to fight a corporation through the Arizona legal system, but doesn't want to spend a dime to do it. Maybe that works in Norway, but his chances are poor in Arizona.

Azred if you dont have anything good to say, then let be, we P90D users know what we are talking about. It is a defect in the battery cooling system that lets all these 90 batteries die because it can't handle the power it was thought to handle, so they are doing restrictions so the only way we can use full power is in Launch mode. Tesla says that P100D doesn't have limitation like that, and why is that? Like I said it is a defect in the design of the 90 battery.

Thanks.

Also, I never said I don't have any legal advice. Just not in court. Same as Tesla. I know some people think this is terrible and some think it is no big deal.

And I am sure Tesla will never sell me another car.