Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My request that the Arizona Attorney General's office investigate Tesla's changes to Ludicrous Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a V2 and the best I have seen is 490 at 95soc max battery on and ready.

check the battery part number to be sure.

tesla 90 battery.jpg

Shows Tesla's willingness to act to remedy poor company decisions without intervention of a judgement.

What?!?! Arguments were done and Team Tesla had just finished admitting to degrading the performance of the vehicle. Looks to me like they made an informed estimation that they were about to lose a judgement and have to read about it on Electrek, etc.

In my opinion, this exactly shows their unwillingness to remedy the mistake without legal intervention.

What internally motivated them and compelled their final performance is hard to speculate on.

Looks to me like they made an informed estimation that they were about to lose a judgement and have to read about it on Electrek, etc.

I tend to agree with your hypothesis. The press has not been good on this as it is. Maybe a loss, even in small claims court would have been enough to damage their "P"erformance branding beyond their liking or ability to repair.

I will be trying the with my v1 battery tomorrow. Just got home and I'll do a 100% SOC tomorrow and let you all know what happens on a v1 P90DL battery.

I have the v1 battery (1063792-00-A), and a 2016 June MSP90DL build and the most current firmware (2017.32.6.ca28227)

All below times were with Max Battery On and Engaged, Launch Mode Used, Range Mode Off, AC on, but set for 70 degrees, so it was running with Fan on 1 or 2 and at night, so lights were on.

Run #1 - 99% SOC = 3.0 seconds, 454 kW
20 seconds of wait time.
Run #2 - 98% SOC = 3.0 seconds, 456 kW
1 minute of wait time.
Run #3 - 97% SOC = 3.0 seconds, 456 kW
20 seconds of wait time.
Run #4 - 96% SOC = 3.0 seconds, 457 kW

Numbers were pretty consistent across these four runs.

I didn't see any increase of kW from my runs earlier this year on the older firmware, however I do have a v1 battery, and after 19,000 miles, 100% SOC went down from 270 (day I picked it up) to 253 miles (today).