Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My request that the Arizona Attorney General's office investigate Tesla's changes to Ludicrous Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I also updated to 2017.32.6 ca28227. Haven't had a chance to check performance yet. Conveniently, I did some performance testing last Sunday before this update so I have some recent data to compare to; however, I'm not sure if there would be any changes for a P85DL. Guess we'll find out...

Did a couple of more zero to sixty runs after charging to 100%. Average and peak current seem to be similar to what I was getting when I purchased the car. My peak power is now about 503 KW, and it used to be around 511-512 KW. But my average voltage from 45 mph to 60 mph has dropped from 313.4 volts to 309.0 volts. That's enough to account for the difference in power. Looks like the internal resistance of my battery has increased somewhat over the last year. My range has dropped from 272 to 267 miles.

Looks like Tesla has restored the current to original, though. It'll be interesting to see how azdryheat's car does at the track.

Did a couple of more zero to sixty runs after charging to 100%. Average and peak current seem to be similar to what I was getting when I purchased the car. My peak power is now about 503 KW and it used to be around 511-512 KW. But my average voltage from 45 mph to 60 mph has dropped from 313.4 volts to 309.0 volts. That's enough to account for the difference in power. Looks like the internal resistance of my battery has increased somewhat over the last year.

Looks like Tesla has restored the current to original, though. It'll be interesting to see how azdryheat's car does at the track.

Great! Were you also able to verify the 0-60 time, just to make sure they aren't faking the current data on the CANBUS to get us to calm down....

• Helpful
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
Great! Were you also able to verify the 0-60 time, just to make sure they aren't faking the current data on the CANBUS to get us to calm down....
I only have canbus data, so if they're faking it I wont be able to tell. I doubt it, though. They do have azdryheat's continuing litigation hanging over their heads.

Besides, I can feel the difference. When they first lowered the power, I thought I was just getting used to the acceleration because of the decreased tingling sensation in my head, but it's back now. No, it's not just me. Other's that I've given rides to have mentioned it.

• Helpful
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
Did Tesla let you know that this is the version you are looking for?
Yes, this is the number they gave me.

Also not surprised that they summary doesn't say much. The summary they put out when they reduced power did not go over well in court, IMO.

Also to those who have asked, I did not sign a NDA. With that said, I don't have a desire to drag Tesla down. I only want the truth out and see them do the right thing, which I think they are now doing.

Will be back home in about 24 hours and already charged to 100%.

I only have canbus data, so if they're faking it I wont be able to tell. I doubt it, though. They do have azdryheat's continuing litigation hanging over their heads.

Besides, I can feel the difference. When they first lowered the power, I thought I was just getting used to the acceleration because of the decreased tingling sensation in my head, but it's back now. No, it's not just me. Other's that I've given rides to have mentioned it.

If you have canbus data at high sampling rates for MPH and timestamps, you should be able to pretty accurately estimate 0-60. I don't think they could fake the MPH as well, that would be too obvious.

I don't think they could fake the MPH as well, that would be too obvious.
If you use GPS to confirm your speed, you can see how obvious it is. Or even confirm the length of the trip via maps and compare to ODO reading.

It's definitely not dead on, if nothing else than because tire diameter varies by wear and pressure. But of course in usual Tesla fashion it seems to always favor Tesla. Mine reads high.

If you have canbus data at high sampling rates for MPH and timestamps, you should be able to pretty accurately estimate 0-60. I don't think they could fake the MPH as well, that would be too obvious.
It's a near certainty that they are not faking the data, but if they were they could detect a zero to sixty run (wot) and fake the mph data for this brief period, too. All of this would easily be detected once someone used a vbox since there is virtually no difference between launch mode and a fast foot as long as both have the same max current.

Last edited:
great comparison of the weight / performance change then between the two!! My car is still at service so I have not been able to test this new firmware yet myself... my 2.63 was recorded when my car was new before they reduced my power.... looking forward to testing again though :D

I have a correction to the zero to sixty time. The car reports the speed about 100 times a second, but it sometimes skips a reading. There were 253 reading (2.53 secs) between 1 foot and 60 mph, but , as it turns out, 5 readings had been skipped according to the time stamps. That makes the time to sixty 2.584 secs instead of the 2.534 secs I reported earlier.

I have a correction to the zero to sixty time. The car reports the speed about 100 times a second, but it sometimes skips a reading. There were 253 reading (2.53 secs) between 1 foot and 60 mph, but , as it turns out, 5 readings had been skipped according to the time stamps. That makes the time to sixty 2.584 secs instead of the 2.534 secs I reported earlier.

Still very good and very similar to your old results! Do you get the same amps and 0-60 with and without launch mode?

Still very good and very similar to your old results! Do you get the same amps and 0-60 with and without launch mode?
I'll have to recharge and try it with launch mode. I tried to use it a few day ago and couldn't get it to engage. I kept getting both pedals pressed warning. I had to drive in a straight line for awhile to get it to work. I had both ludicrous and max battery set.