Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Thoughts: AP2.5 in the shop and given an AP1 loaner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh my god, that's a thing? I only briefly tried the auto lane change back when I did my AP1 testdrive, but AP2(at least in .42+) is very good at smoothly moving into the center of the adjacent lane and staying there.
Personally, I have never had that happen. I've probably done a couple hundred lane changes in AP1. It sure seems like different people report different experiences.

Oh my god, that's a thing?

Crossing too far over with auto lane change is a thing with my AP1 loaner - maybe 20% of the time it hugs the far lane line and some of those times it goes over. I do not believe my AP2 behaves the same way.​

I would gladly swap my crap rental infinity monstrosity that the SC gave me today for a Tesla with or without crappy AP.

I had to take a Dodge Charger in lieu of a Tesla last time. This unfortunately is very common nowadays. When my most recent service appointment came up (scheduled well in advance) no Teslas were available, so I told them to call me when one was available with either AP1 or AP2. So that's what they did. I believe Tesla recently released a bunch of inventory cars to service centers to address this issue.​