Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY white interior waiting room (May 2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYAWD just popped up on existing inventory where I’m located with my exact configuration gray/white interior. I’d have to pay $500 more than my original order ($49,240 to $49,740), have to do a soft pull after just doing a credit pull two weeks ago and they can’t confirm whether it has HW4. Thoughts on whether I should take it?
I don't believe they had built any all-wheel drive standard range vehicles with white interior before the hardware 4 switchover date, so I would feel pretty confident that it will come with hardware 4. It seems like they should be able to just assign that one to you at no extra cost since it is your same exact specs.

Edit - just saw later post saying that you had already found out the build date, but if this happens to come up again I would feel confident that you will get hardware four on any all-wheel drive standard range car with white interior because they did not build any of them prior to the switchover date.

Also, I really don't understand how that car was available for anyone to grab when you've been waiting for that exact order.... frustrating!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: bgregory37
I don't believe they had built any all-wheel drive standard range vehicles with white interior before the hardware 4 switchover date, so I would feel pretty confident that it will come with hardware 4. It seems like they should be able to just assign that one to you at no extra cost since it is your same exact specs.

Edit - just saw later post saying that you had already found out the build date, but if this happens to come up again I would feel confident that you will get hardware four on any all-wheel drive standard range car with white interior because they did not build any of them prior to the switchover date.

Also, I really don't understand how that car was available for anyone to grab when you've been waiting for that exact order.... frustrating!
That's EXACTLY how I feel! How the heck do you have my exact spec, in my area, and don't assign it those who placed their orders going on 2 months ago now? That's insane, especially when my original pick up dat was June 28th-30th which is when you said this inventory vehicle would be available for me to get, but then I get an update 3 days ago saying my pick up date is pushed back to July 2nd-16th. Make it make sense smh.

Reactions: jdcar
That's EXACTLY how I feel! How the heck do you have my exact spec, in my area, and don't assign it those who placed their orders going on 2 months ago now? That's insane, especially when my original pick up dat was June 28th-30th which is when you said this inventory vehicle would be available for me to get, but then I get an update 3 days ago saying my pick up date is pushed back to July 2nd-16th. Make it make sense smh.
Seems like the company only cares about the end of quarter sales and profits. Since you probably placed your order when the price was $500 or $750 less than now, instead of delivering the car to you they could sell it for the current selling price to somebody else off the street and pad the bottom line a little bit for end of quarter results.

Then they can just push your car to the beginning of next quarter. They are more concerned about the quarterly results than fulfilling the old orders that have been sitting out there for a couple months - especially since the car is a base model with not very many options added and again you ordered when the pricing structure was lower. Also, The longer that the order process drags out, the higher the chance that they will be able to get you to switch to a long-range car that costs thousands of dollars more.

Almost every day in the app I see opportunities for a faster delivery and the cars are usually 5 to $7,000 more than what I ordered. Feels like a scam....bait and switch.

Seems like the company only cares about the end of quarter sales and profits. Since you probably placed your order when the price was $500 or $750 less than now, instead of delivering the car to you they could sell it for the current selling price to somebody else off the street and pad the bottom line a little bit for end of quarter results.

Then they can just push your car to the beginning of next quarter. They are more concerned about the quarterly results than fulfilling the old orders that have been sitting out there for a couple months - especially since the car is a base model with not very many options added and again you ordered when the pricing structure was lower. Also, The longer that the order process drags out, the higher the chance that they will be able to get you to switch to a long-range car that costs thousands of dollars more.

Almost every day in the app I see opportunities for a faster delivery and the cars are usually 5 to $7,000 more than what I ordered. Feels like a scam....bait and switch.
You got it in the money! That’s exactly what’s happening. This is where a dealership can have the leg up on Tesla in regards to their wait times. It’s frustrating to be completely prepared for your vehicle and just be waiting for two months. Like these wait times are just annoying man.

Reactions: dudette and jdcar
True that we all locked in at a lower price, but it really sucks when the trade-in quotes and financing expires and Tesla reduces the trade value by thousands and then your interest rate goes up.
I feel your pain. I ordered in April and Tesla has dropped my trade in value by thousands. Luckily Carvana gave me a very solid offer around 4k more than Tesla even after considering state sales tax issues. The only bad thing is Carvana's offers only last for 7 days. So since my Tesla was pushed back again, on day 6 I used a different email and tried to see if I could get the same offer from Carvana for another 7 days, but the offer had gone down $1,300.

I wound up locking into Carvana's original offer and then chose the latest possible drop off date (this Friday). Luckily I have finally received a VIN so I am just going to borrow a car from a relative and hopefully I should have my new car within 1 to 2 weeks.

Everything should work out fine in the long run but it has been a giant headache.

Reactions: Shuttlecraft X
For those that weren't aware, the white&black interior MYAWD was not being built in Austin until recently. The reason high trim models with white interiors were being produced is because it was coming out of the Fremont factory. MYAWD only comes from Austin and uses the newer 4680 battery.

MYAWD5 White Paint/White&Black Interior, 19", No Tow
OD: May 10
EDD1 - June-July
EDD2 - July 7-July 14 (June 25 VIN Assigned)
EDD3 - July 4-July 13 (June 30)

Reactions: dudette
Yet another delay for me.

Ordered 4/21white/white SR AWD in Ohio. Original EDD was April/May...what a joke that was !! Finally got a VIN last week over 2 months after ordering. Now earlier today I got pushed back yet again. Now EDD is July14-23. This has been the most frustrating car purchase experience ever. The car was built on June 24, so I'm not sure why it might take nearly a month to move the car from Texas to Ohio.

Reactions: dudette
EDD just got pushed back for the 3rd time. From July 2nd-16th to July-August. Next order I place I’ll only purchase from existing inventory. These wait times are just too long, ordered MYSR May 1st, was supposed to deliver the same month, now I’m going on potentially 3 months delay. Smh!

EDD just got pushed back for the 3rd time. From July 2nd-16th to July-August. Next order I place I’ll only purchase from existing inventory. These wait times are just too long, ordered MYSR May 1st, was supposed to deliver the same month, now I’m going on potentially 3 months delay. Smh!
Awful....still no delivery date set up for me, but I am lucky to have a VIN and built car, so eventually they should get transportation set up. A couple people who ordered after me in New Jersey are getting their cars in about a week.

I'm not sure if you've heard this yet or not, but gray is now a free color so at least you should save $1,000.

I've also heard they are making changes in the Austin factory and are changing the shifts and reassigning some people to the cyber truck line, so I'm guessing that's why you got the push back with the vague date range.

Awful....still no delivery date set up for me, but I am lucky to have a VIN and built car, so eventually they should get transportation set up. A couple people who ordered after me in New Jersey are getting their cars in about a week.

I'm not sure if you've heard this yet or not, but gray is now a free color so at least you should save $1,000.

I've also heard they are making changes in the Austin factory and are changing the shifts and reassigning some people to the cyber truck line, so I'm guessing that's why you got the push back with the vague date range.
It’s just annoying waiting this long. I know it’s going to come eventually. I’m just hoping it comes before August 5 because I really do not want to do another hard pull for no reason.

I did see Grey does come factory, however, I noticed they also try to get $500 back by changing my base price to $47,740 which is the new price. When I ordered mine the base price was $47,240 so I will be calling them to complain about trying to get out of giving me the full $1000 for the change.

It’s just annoying waiting this long. I know it’s going to come eventually. I’m just hoping it comes before August 5 because I really do not want to do another hard pull for no reason.

I did see Grey does come factory, however, I noticed they also try to get $500 back by changing my base price to $47,740 which is the new price. When I ordered mine the base price was $47,240 so I will be calling them to complain about trying to get out of giving me the full $1000 for the change.
Any luck with that? I would be surprised if they that adjustment.

Update🚨
Snagged a vehicle out of inventory with my same configuration, it’s currently in transit. MYSR Grey/White/19”. Should arrive on the 18th. Finally! Couldn’t imagine my wait if I wasn’t able to get this one.
Any luck with that? I would be surprised if they that adjustment.
It got adjusted automatically because the inventory vehicle had the correct price.