Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY white interior waiting room (May 2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UpdatešŸšØ
Snagged a vehicle out of inventory with my same configuration, itā€™s currently in transit. MYSR Grey/White/19ā€. Should arrive on the 18th. Finally! Couldnā€™t imagine my wait if I wasnā€™t able to get this one.

It got adjusted automatically because the inventory vehicle had the correct price.
Awesome news! Congrats! Let us know how it looks. Still haven't been offered a delivery date yet, so not sure whether mine is still sitting in the heat out in the parking lot by the Austin factory.

Delivery day. OD 4/25 AWD SR Blue/ white. Paramus, NJ.

Everything went well, I wasn't allowed to inspect interior until I accepted delivery. The first thing I noticed was an obvious misalignment in the rear left taillights, the gap was wider than the right and at a different angle. Pretty annoying, they said it's within spec but I don't like it. It looks like it needs to get pushed in further but I decided not to have them fix it at a later time because I'm worried they'll make it worse. It's like, whomever placed it there... do you have eyes? Ughhh. Other minor things like glue not removed. I also noticed the roof glass connection was very slightly misaligned, but no big deal.
I walked around to check other cars and some had the same rear gap, others didn't.

I've been waiting too long. And while this isn't, like my old car in terms of quality and perfection in finishes (Mercedes), I'm am extremely happy with the car. The drive was super smooth and super quiet.

Looking forward to getting to know our new car when we get back from vacation next month.

Thank you to all for making this long wait bearable and sharing your stories.

I wish you all the best with your new cars... and a speedy delivery.

My watch had ended šŸŽ‰ ( I've been waiting to say this for a long time šŸ˜…).

Delivery day. OD 4/25 AWD SR Blue/ white. Paramus, NJ.

Everything went well, I wasn't allowed to inspect interior until I accepted delivery. The first thing I noticed was an obvious misalignment in the rear left taillights, the gap was wider than the right and at a different angle. Pretty annoying, they said it's within spec but I don't like it. It looks like it needs to get pushed in further but I decided not to have them fix it at a later time because I'm worried they'll make it worse. It's like, whomever placed it there... do you have eyes? Ughhh. Other minor things like glue not removed. I also noticed the roof glass connection was very slightly misaligned, but no big deal.
I walked around to check other cars and some had the same rear gap, others didn't.

I've been waiting too long. And while this isn't, like my old car in terms of quality and perfection in finishes (Mercedes), I'm am extremely happy with the car. The drive was super smooth and super quiet.

Looking forward to getting to know our new car when we get back from vacation next month.

Thank you to all for making this long wait bearable and sharing your stories.

I wish you all the best with your new cars... and a speedy delivery.

My watch had ended šŸŽ‰ ( I've been waiting to say this for a long time šŸ˜…).
Congrats on your new car! Enjoy your vacation!

Any updates from those waiting on delivery for their vehicles?
Ordered MY SR white/white on 4/21 in Ohio. Original estimate April/May...after many delays my born on 6/24 car was finally ready for pickup today. Didn't really notice any issues other than that the vehicle cleanliness wasn't up to par with Lexus or Mercedes dealers. Had to have them wipe off some weird yellowish stuff on one of the fenders, there were some dusty spots in the interior and in the trunk, and some dust inside the frunk area. So tomorrow we will give it a good wash and wax. We drove it quite a bit today with no issues, our home charging is working fine, and we are in the process of installing our first software update. So far so good.

Pro tip - The car doesn't seem to move if someone is in a seat with the seatbelt buckle unfastened - not sure if there is any way to disable that safety feature. My mother-in-law decided to unfasten her seatbelt when we were stopped at a light at a very busy intersection and then we had safety warnings and the car would not move. Then she couldn't figure out how to buckle the seatbelt back up while we were stuck on a busy road with cars behind us. Ugh!

Ordered MY SR white/white on 4/21 in Ohio. Original estimate April/May...after many delays my born on 6/24 car was finally ready for pickup today. Didn't really notice any issues other than that the vehicle cleanliness wasn't up to par with Lexus or Mercedes dealers. Had to have them wipe off some weird yellowish stuff on one of the fenders, there were some dusty spots in the interior and in the trunk, and some dust inside the frunk area. So tomorrow we will give it a good wash and wax. We drove it quite a bit today with no issues, our home charging is working fine, and we are in the process of installing our first software update. So far so good.

Pro tip - The car doesn't seem to move if someone is in a seat with the seatbelt buckle unfastened - not sure if there is any way to disable that safety feature. My mother-in-law decided to unfasten her seatbelt when we were stopped at a light at a very busy intersection and then we had safety warnings and the car would not move. Then she couldn't figure out how to buckle the seatbelt back up while we were stuck on a busy road with cars behind us. Ugh!
Sounds like the feature worked as intended. Why would anyone want to disable that? Also, maybe your MIL shouldnā€™t mess with her seatbelt in a moving car.

Sounds like the feature worked as intended. Why would anyone want to disable that? Also, maybe your MIL shouldnā€™t mess with her seatbelt in a moving car.
Vehicle wasn't moving. We were stopped at a red light and she unbuckled because she felt that the seatbelt was uncomfortably tight and she was trying to make it more comfortable so she unbuckled it. The light then turned green and the vehicle would not move because her seat belt was unbuckled, and since she is elderly she had great difficulty buckling back up. This was not safe as we were stuck at a busy intersection in the road with heavy traffic until she could refasten the belt. Never heard of a car that sits dead until seatbelt is fastened. Normally you would just hear a chime.

Reactions: bgregory37
Me too. Wire for payment will go through first thing Monday morning. Hope thatā€™s fast and the car is close. Sucks being in a state where Tesla canā€™t sell vehicles in.
Connecticut is the same way, all these dealerships are mad because thereā€™s no dealer fees that Tesla charges since itā€™s direct to consumer. Iā€™m only able to pick up in my state because Iā€™m leasing so itā€™s technically not a full finance purchase.

I grabbed a vin out of inventory that was built same day 7/6. Had EDD of 18th-25th. I called Friday 7/13 and vehicle was in New Jersey, got a call it arrived today and I could schedule pick up, earliest is Tuesday 7/18 at noon. Super excited and hope express delivery goes smoothly. Told Tesla not to wash the exterior, Iā€™d rather hand wash it myself, then have them bring it through a car wash and put polish on. Iā€™m going to DIY with ceramic coat, trying to decide if I want to use Chemical Guys OR HydroSilex.

Reactions: jdcar
I grabbed a vin out of inventory that was built same day 7/6. Had EDD of 18th-25th. I called Friday 7/13 and vehicle was in New Jersey, got a call it arrived today and I could schedule pick up, earliest is Tuesday 7/18 at noon. Super excited and hope express delivery goes smoothly. Told Tesla not to wash the exterior, Iā€™d rather hand wash it myself, then have them bring it through a car wash and put polish on. Iā€™m going to DIY with ceramic coat, trying to decide if I want to use Chemical Guys OR HydroSilex.
Got a quote from a local professional to do it for $650 which is by far the lowest Iā€™ve seen, still canā€™t convince myself to do so on a leased vehicle. In three years, I want to upgrade to an X and professionally get it done.

Reactions: jdcar
SA told me my car is currently at the Tesla in Cleveland and should be delivered to MI on 7/21. Hoping itā€™s then or earlier, otherwise, I may take a drive to Cleveland to pick it up!
That's where I picked up my car last Saturday. Your car was probably on site then as well. It's in a suburb east of Cleveland about 25 minutes from me.

Yeah, probably. Red/White? Iā€™ve looked up the Tesla location - Itā€™s a 3.5 hr drive from my house north of Detroit, so I canā€™t just drop everything and go. But if need be, I will.
There was a red one parked near our car, but we didn't notice the interior. The Lyndhurst store did not do a great job of cleaning the vehicle for delivery, so I wouldn't be surprised if it arrives a bit dusty. It wasn't as clean as it should have been on the exterior and there were various dusty areas inside the car including a dusty boot print inside the frunk, but ours was built in Austin and sat down there for a couple weeks before they shipped it.