Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY with new console spotted today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well stopped by SC to see why delivery changed to home and was told computer glitch but could be delivered, I said no. Walked out to parking lot to see my Y sitting there! Verified by vin. No new center console, no new headlights, oh well... build date 02/06/2021

Reactions: Itsuo-DC
@BojangleGuy very cool, love the new console. I'm glad we waited (more due to us than to waiting for specific changes) and will be ordering "soon"(ish).

Those floor mats, are they the Tesla-branded ones, or WeatherTech? (I know, same mats except the branding.) How do you like them? Torn between WeatherTech/Tesla or the Maxpider/various clones.
Sorry for the late reply. The mats are from Tesmanian

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Checked under the hood and there's a small air inlet on the passenger side with no visible filter. I believe that means no HEPA (those have a big filter under the hood, right?). No bioweapon mode in the UI.

Title: The details of Model Y ‘s HEPA filters, Two layers , the top layer is like the filter in Model 3 , the bottom layer is HEPA with plastic case.
https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotor...details_of_model_y_s_hepa_filters_two_layers/

One remark: "Yes, this is the way to do it. If you remove the coarse materials before pushing the air through the HEPA, it helps to extend its service life. <snip>"

gZPcD752WYzsGhkvRIA_FahmkTnBwHBW9XwX9GNkhhajVxk-mRx8Jwit7HfU0iHJVcU=s0-d-e1-ft

• Helpful
Reactions: AprilMay
Sweet, I heard the new console has a better wireless charger. Hope the Note 20 Ultra fits!

i have a 2021 model 3 and the note ultra with the spigen tough armour case fits perfectly

We had problems with our S20 Ultras and S20+ phones on the original Model Y wireless chargers. We switched to Jeda and everything worked fine. Now that we have the new center console in our Model Y, we can confirm it works fine with the S20+ and S21 Ultra. Good thing, since the wireless charger is not removable like it was on the previous generation center console.

Reactions: TravelFree
I am taking delivery of my MY on Thursday (ordered last Friday) which was a super fast turnaround compared to when I bought my M3. I called and talked to the operations person in charge of my delivery this morning and asked if my car was coming with all the new features like new center console, new headlights, etc. and she confirmed that it just rolled off the factory floor and was en route and according to Tesla should have all of the new features. I get nervous because it's not specifically called out in the standard features of the vehicle sheet that she has, but she confirmed that it was built 2/13/21. I have to fly to get the car because I am not in a home delivery area and would have to go the day before to make my pickup time on Thursday morning. Should I wait and delay pickup and ask them to confirm once it arrives? Anyone have any insight or dealt with this before?

Need someone with the new console to confirm this!

I'll report back after Thursday. I talked to my delivery rep today to get my time scheduled for Thursday morning and she claims that my My was built on 2/13 and according to Tesla should come with all of the new hardware including center console, headlights, hepa filter, etc. I am a little cautiously optimistic given it doesn't call it out specifically on the car build sheet and I have to fly to take delivery but I'm hopeful. And hopefully I won't get stranded with a car that isn't as described by my rep.

I am taking delivery of my MY on Thursday (ordered last Friday) which was a super fast turnaround compared to when I bought my M3. I called and talked to the operations person in charge of my delivery this morning and asked if my car was coming with all the new features like new center console, new headlights, etc. and she confirmed that it just rolled off the factory floor and was en route and according to Tesla should have all of the new features. I get nervous because it's not specifically called out in the standard features of the vehicle sheet that she has, but she confirmed that it was built 2/13/21. I have to fly to get the car because I am not in a home delivery area and would have to go the day before to make my pickup time on Thursday morning. Should I wait and delay pickup and ask them to confirm once it arrives? Anyone have any insight or dealt with this before?

I placed an order on Friday and received a VIN this morning (no delivery date yet). My vin is 125,2XX. I'm also waiting for the new features. What VIN did they give you? I'm in the same boat, I have to fly in to pick up and drive home. Closest service center is about 350 miles from me.

John

Reactions: TBrownTX
I'll report back after Thursday. I talked to my delivery rep today to get my time scheduled for Thursday morning and she claims that my My was built on 2/13 and according to Tesla should come with all of the new hardware including center console, headlights, hepa filter, etc. I am a little cautiously optimistic given it doesn't call it out specifically on the car build sheet and I have to fly to take delivery but I'm hopeful. And hopefully I won't get stranded with a car that isn't as described by my rep.
VIN? Best I can estimate is mine was built 2/9 and is a 1244xx