Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR all season tyres

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would be interested to know if those of you running 4 season tyres find them more susceptible to punctures, when i had them on my van they were very good at collecting stones in the tread.
Just got another puncture in the front Hankook tyre, that must be about 7 altogether in 15k miles. Had to ditch the rears as not repairable and had too many plugs in them, replaced with Goodyear Asymmetric 3 which have had zero punctures in 8k miles.
Have to say the Hankooks it came with get cut to pieces by stones and are more squidgy than the Goodyears.
Being puncture resistant is my main concern after suffering so many but would like more grip in the winter than the Summer tyres offer.
I have done 11000 miles on my Continental AllSeasonContact (255/45/19/104/Y) and I have had no punctures or any issues at all with them.

• Informative
Reactions: Obie
30,000 miles on CrossClimate 2 and still have 5-7mm of tread left. No issues and economy is pretty good with multiple motorway drives in the summer returning 205 Wh/m at 72mph.

I find energy use hard to predict on the Model 3. It seems to know what it needs but it doesn’t often seem to correlate with the conditions (ie 300Wh/m on the motorway last night with a tailwind).

There can be big differences between OE and standard tyres. What we don't have is transparency to know what those differences are on the Tesla models and whether they are a priority for the individual driver.

The BMW M3 OE tyre in this video is quite different, giving priority for dry handling, especially on track, by sacrificing wet performance.

Either way there is no legal restriction on forcing an owner to use specific tyres, so long as the minimum specifications are met. There is no comeback on the tyre fitter, especially if he makes you aware of the OE variant and you decide not to go with it.

Some of my Indian friends in NL have found (from elsewhere on TMC) that 255/50/R19 also work. And that there is a wider selection of tyres available for this configuration available there for lower prices. I guess 255/50 is more common than is 255/45. See if that is the same case in UK

Some of my Indian friends in NL have found (from elsewhere on TMC) that 255/50/R19 also work. And that there is a wider selection of tyres available for this configuration available there for lower prices. I guess 255/50 is more common than is 255/45. See if that is the same case in UK
That’s not changing the profile, it’s reducing the amount of sidewall from 55% to 50% (of the profile) and altering the circumference in the process, which affects the speed & mileage. I wouldn’t recommend that at all, despite better availability of tyres. It's also a modification away from OEM which would need to be noted to the insurance company.

Reactions: KennethS
I had the Continental AllSeasonContact 255/45/104Y XL fitted today, on a damp & cold morning at one of Blackcircles Pit Stops just down the road from me.
The width looks fine, but there is noticeably less rim protection than the Hankooks that came off - I'd say that the Contis are almost flush with the very outer edge of the Gemini wheels & covers.

As promised, some pictures;

d373aa47.jpg9b8c49e.jpg48eb17e4.jpg

I had the Continental AllSeasonContact 255/45/104Y XL fitted today, on a damp & cold morning at one of Blackcircles Pit Stops just down the road from me.
The width looks fine, but there is noticeably less rim protection than the Hankooks that came off - I'd say that the Contis are almost flush with the very outer edge of the Gemini wheels & covers.

View attachment 994339
So judging by the pics, Contis definitely look like the best option for the Gemini rims (can't get used to the Michelin CC2 protrusion after 2 months..).
Probably also best for vision-impaired fitters, given the tyre spec font size they chose to use on that sidewall...

P.S: how much for all 4, inc. fitting?

So judging by the pics, Contis definitely look like the best option for the Gemini rims (can't get used to the Michelin CC2 protrusion after 2 months..).
Probably also best for vision-impaired fitters, given the tyre spec font size they chose to use on that sidewall...

P.S: how much for all 4, inc. fitting?
Yeah that tyre size marking is a bit Fisher Price. 🤣

Total price was £778.74 for all four. I knew a discount code was coming for Blackcircles black friday, but despite signing up for mailing list emails the first one they sent early last week didn't include Continental. A random check on Tuesday evening had 15% off Continental so I ordered.
Ironically I had a call yesterday from Tyre Shopper (National/Halfords etc) about the first order I placed where they originally couldn't supply, to book in for mobile fitting tomorrow as they were able to get hold of more stock - so that has been cancelled.

I've kept the Hankooks that came off and if the Continentals prove to be a true all-season I'll probably sell them on as they've done less than 5k miles.

That's a good price, kudos.
imho, anything under 200/tyre for MY is a bargain, especially for all season.
I got the same price for the Michelin after their £100 cashback promotion (until 31/12 for those who are still waiting).

Now hoping for some snow later this week to really try them out...

Reactions: ajmorr.is

View attachment 994338View attachment 994339View attachment 994337
Such a shame Tesla specified rims an inch too wide, the Conti's look the best of the 4 seasons for rim protection but i hate the stretched look of any tyre fitted to the 19" rims.

Reactions: WllXM

View attachment 994338View attachment 994339View attachment 994337
Were these Conti’s sourced via Blackcircles?

I’m having a bit of a game finding them…

Were these Conti’s sourced via Blackcircles?

I’m having a bit of a game finding them…
Yes, but I had ordered from Tyre Shopper (National, Halfords etc) but they couldn’t supply originally for a couple of weeks. In the mean time Blackcircles, who were always showing availability, had a 15% off Black Friday sale so I switched to them - and then Tyre Shopper called the day before I was due to have blackcircles fit to say that they now had stock. I’m not surprised that supply is even tighter now that we’re well into the winter months.

Yes, but I had ordered from Tyre Shopper (National, Halfords etc) but they couldn’t supply originally for a couple of weeks. In the mean time Blackcircles, who were always showing availability, had a 15% off Black Friday sale so I switched to them - and then Tyre Shopper called the day before I was due to have blackcircles fit to say that they now had stock. I’m not surprised that supply is even tighter now that we’re well into the winter months.
Many thanks!

I’ve got the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons SUV tyres coming for a mobile appointment on Monday - largely because they are available at the moment, they are W speed rated, and Halfords is doing a 10% off 4 tyres at the moment (£752 all up for 4). Will post a picture of rim fit when they’ve been fitted.

Reactions: Obie
I’ve got the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons SUV tyres coming for a mobile appointment on Monday - largely because they are available at the moment, they are W speed rated, and Halfords is doing a 10% off 4 tyres at the moment (£752 all up for 4). Will post a picture of rim fit when they’ve been fitted.

That’s a REALLY good price! I’d fit the OEM Hankooks again, but they’ve gone up by a ridiculous amount.