Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Estimated delivery date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Original Order date September 21 - Assigned VIN last week, requested SA release VIN

Delivery date with VIN Feb 12-19
After VIN release = TBD x 4 days
Yesterday had April 23-May 5
Now Today changed to February 23rd-March 5th

Anyone who's ordered an MYP this month, February, what are the current wait times? If I get a second Fremont VIN, which I fear, I'm going to request a second release and SA said probably get cancelled.

I have a 2018 Model 3 humming along, I'm in no rush to do anything except get an MYP with the 4680...

Original Order date September 21 - Assigned VIN last week, requested SA release VIN

Delivery date with VIN Feb 12-19
After VIN release = TBD x 4 days
Yesterday had April 23-May 5
Now Today changed to February 23rd-March 5th

Anyone who's ordered an MYP this month, February, what are the current wait times? If I get a second Fremont VIN, which I fear, I'm going to request a second release and SA said probably get cancelled.

I have a 2018 Model 3 humming along, I'm in no rush to do anything except get an MYP with the 4680...

Well, assigned another VIN last night

FIRST VIN assigned NF373

SECOND VIN assigned NF375

Going to ask for extension with expectation they're going to cancel me...

bummer, had a pretty good loan rate locked in.

Good luck. Also Maryland here, picking up in Baltimore. I'll take a 2170, but I really want it to come w/ the AMD and all-seasons. Its going to suck if the VINs I'm assigned don't given I ordered back in early November - reordering would cost me $1,250 and likely a higher interest rate.

Did the cars have the updated components? What was your configuration?

Decided I am going to release my 376 VIN. Bare minimum for me was AMD processor. What is the recommendation - ask SA to release and reassign new VIN? Or release and hold a specific number of days?
If you don't ask for a hold, they could reassign immediately. I even heard of someone getting the same VIN. One recent post was a person whose SA explicitly put their car on hold for 2 days to ensure they didn't get the same one, but that's about it.

It seems like all of the current batches are coming out w/ Intels. If I were you, I'd put it on hold for a week or two (or more) if they allowed it, but thats just me.

If you don't ask for a hold, they could reassign immediately. I even heard of someone getting the same VIN. One recent post was a person whose SA explicitly put their car on hold for 2 days to ensure they didn't get the same one, but that's about it.

It seems like all of the current batches are coming out w/ Intels. If I were you, I'd put it on hold for a week or two (or more) if they allowed it, but thats just me.

Decided I am going to release my 376 VIN. Bare minimum for me was AMD processor. What is the recommendation - ask SA to release and reassign new VIN? Or release and hold a specific number of days?
I released the VIN and asked for a hold. They said it was for 30 days. But if i was ready, I can say so on the app and get back in the queue. I want to wait and see how things are evolving.

I released the VIN and asked for a hold. They said it was for 30 days. But if i was ready, I can say so on the app and get back in the queue. I want to wait and see how things are evolving.
I'm so nervous. I'm coming off of a 3.5 month hold on the 27th. I've got a feeling I'll get a VIN that same day... no more than a day or two after. If its a non-AMD, I really don't want to accept it.... but I don't think they'll hold it one day longer if I do reject it. I'll probably get a second VIN 24 hours later and be told to accept or piss off =(

Houston area
Ordered blue with black interior on 12/14/21
EDD 3/4 - 3/31

Seems they are aggregating and holding Texas orders.

Doesn’t make much sense that an order now would have the same EDD as my December order.

I still don’t know if I want this vehicle. I’m downgrading speed wise from a quicker ICE vehicle. And the Y isn’t very handsome.

Houston area
Ordered blue with black interior on 12/14/21
EDD 3/4 - 3/31

Seems they are aggregating and holding Texas orders.

Doesn’t make much sense that an order now would have the same EDD as my December order.

I still don’t know if I want this vehicle. I’m downgrading speed wise from a quicker ICE vehicle. And the Y isn’t very handsome.
IMO I would get it only if you can turn your ICE for a massive "pandemic profit". If you end up not liking the Y, buy a new version of your ICE as prices for them drop, sell the Y which will likely retain a ton of value (likely more so than you ICE when the pandemic issues subside). Win win.