Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Estimated delivery date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah it did make me a little bit nervous of the speed given what I’ve been reading on here. Am hoping it wasn’t a refused delivery. Has that ever been the case for anyone; that they’d cycle through the list to see who would actually take delivery of a car that the previous person may reject for possible qaqc issues? Will see on Friday how it looks. The vin on mine is F437xxc

Yeah it did make me a little bit nervous of the speed given what I’ve been reading on here. Am hoping it wasn’t a refused delivery. Has that ever been the case for anyone; that they’d cycle through the list to see who would actually take delivery of a car that the previous person may reject for possible qaqc issues? Will see on Friday how it looks. The vin on mine is F437xxc
Supposedly you should be able to use your Vin to see build date. Idk how this is done but it could indicate if it’s been shipped already or recently built.

Anyone think that location (i.e. being in Cali) is a factor in some people getting VINs much quicker than other people with ODs much earlier? My FIL put in an order for a LR Y and is located about an hour from Fremont. He's toying with switching over to a P to speed up delivery though.
From what I have seen it’s pretty random. Though when the west coast ships, it ships huge numbers. Seems to be more than the east coast.

Reactions: LibertyEV
Anyone think that location (i.e. being in Cali) is a factor in some people getting VINs much quicker than other people with ODs much earlier? My FIL put in an order for a LR Y and is located about an hour from Fremont. He's toying with switching over to a P to speed up delivery though.
This is what I'm considering as well. With increasing interest and having to wait until Aug-Oct for my LR, switching to P with an earlier (hopefully) EDD while also keep the current interest would only be a difference of $20-25/month in financing.

This is what I'm considering as well. With increasing interest and having to wait until Aug-Oct for my LR, switching to P with an earlier (hopefully) EDD while also keep the current interest would only be a difference of $20-25/month in financing.
Can I ask what was even the point of ordering the MYLR over the P? Asking for someone that order the P from the start and seeing all the LR switching over Willy-nilly.

You pulled a fast one on her or your calculations are off. If payments was the only factor you’d need around 3% or more rate increase to justify the price difference.
We'd still be paying more but not as much as we would be with the same interest rate we have now (if both were on the same rate). This is only assuming a Performance model would be delivered quickly and we'd be able to keep the current rate.

Can I ask what was even the point of ordering the MYLR over the P? Asking for someone that order the P from the start and seeing all the LR switching over Willy-nilly.
I initially ordered the MYLR because I wanted a smoother ride, and didn’t see a need to spend more for the MYP. My test drive was a MYLR, and that was enough acceleration for me. I switched to MYP because (1) I placed my MYLR order before reading the TMC posts about longer delivery delays for LR vs. P, and I didn’t want to wait until 2023 for delivery; (2) I wanted the matrix headlights; (3) I could (and did) buy 19” wheels to get the more comfortable ride; (4) I wanted the slightly higher stance of the LR for getting my 6’2” body and limbs in the vehicle, but I was willing to let that go for (1) and (2); and (5) the gentle tweak to my son-in-law’s envy that I bought his dream car before him!

I chose MYLR for the smoother ride. I've been told/read that P has a bumpier ride as the bigger wheels = shittier suspension = feel every bump. Don't really want to pay 80k for a car where i feel every rock and stone. That said, i did change over to P last week as i much prefer the style/look of the P versus the LR (earlier delivery date was not a factor as i am renovating my newly bought house and do not want to accept delivery until that is complete). I also picked 20" induction wheels for the LR so eh, might as well just pay an extra $3k for P then. and hopefully 1" difference from the 20" to 21" wont be so terrible.