Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Using a website called WayBack Machine, I noted that they removed all references to Parking Sensors around April 2022 and switched to reference Tesla Vision. So based on that is your placed your order around the start of April or before and didn’t get a note to acknowledge the change you may have some ground to stand on for rejection.

What made me laugh (not really) was that they removed all references to parking sensors as early as April last year but didn’t announce it to the public until October. So they knew for 6+ months that this change was coming. I do feel that they really should have highlighted this change as soon as it was implemented on there site.
So the lease company that i'm with, Leasing Options, actually still reference the MYP has coming with front and rear parking sensors, and at the time I ordered it, September 2022 it stated that too. So I guess the fault would lie with my lease company rather than Tesla themselves, based on what you've mentioned above.

I think i'll drop them an email to see what they say.

Ouch

I've had to make a claim with ALA in the past. If memory serves..

- On the ALA website is a make a claim link (Make a Claim | ALA)
- Post up some pictures (as requested by the online form)
- You get a confirmation email and I think there was a call a few days later (memory is shocking) - I believe this was to determine the gravity of the repair - mine was a lot less severe
- After that I was sent an email from the 3rd party repairer with a link to book a date and confirm some details
- On the 3rd party website you arrange a day to be repaired
- wheel gets repaired

Mine was about 2 weeks from initial claim request to repair. Thought the process worked well and Revive did an excellent job
That's perfect thanks for the detailed breakdown. I'll get the ball rolling and see what the situation is.

I'm hoping that because it's only on the outside, albeit almost all the way around it won't make a massive difference compared to if it was just a small part. But who knows.

That's perfect thanks for the detailed breakdown. I'll get the ball rolling and see what the situation is.

I'm hoping that because it's only on the outside, albeit almost all the way around it won't make a massive difference compared to if it was just a small part. But who knows.

Speaking to the Revive guy, it seems to be wether the wheel needs to come off. Something to do with the kit they carry

So while my car is with Tesla to repair the power steering motor under warranty, I have been driving around in a 67 plate model S.

The auto pilot is soooooo much better. Stop start is smooth, it stays in a lane and is less scary in terms of whether you are about to get dumped into a barrier.

I don't know if it is the USS that is helping or just the cameras but the amount of cars in front that are indicated on the screen is always much higher than in my YP which suggests a bigger range of vision.

I have had no camera blocked warnings, which I get on every drive in my car.

The camera quality seems to be tons better than what I have. In the dark mine is useless and you cannot see out of the mirrors.

This is the best I get at night, and the vertical lines are not the result of my phone but are visible in the image.
IMG_2706.jpeg

Overall I would say that most things about the model S, even though it is pretty old, better what I have on this brand new car.

Reactions: Flemingo
So while my car is with Tesla to repair the power steering motor under warranty, I have been driving around in a 67 plate model S.

The auto pilot is soooooo much better. Stop start is smooth, it stays in a lane and is less scary in terms of whether you are about to get dumped into a barrier.

I don't know if it is the USS that is helping or just the cameras but the amount of cars in front that are indicated on the screen is always much higher than in my YP which suggests a bigger range of vision.

I have had no camera blocked warnings, which I get on every drive in my car.

The camera quality seems to be tons better than what I have. In the dark mine is useless and you cannot see out of the mirrors.

This is the best I get at night, and the vertical lines are not the result of my phone but are visible in the image.View attachment 901655

Overall I would say that most things about the model S, even though it is pretty old, better what I have on this brand new car.
I think there’s something wrong with your MYP - I had a 2017 MS from new (with MCU2 & HW3 upgrades) and my MYP kicks it into touch in every department, except boot space. AP is so much better, as are the cameras, auto dip headlights and (dare I say it) the auto wipers!

I think there’s something wrong with your MYP - I had a 2017 MS from new (with MCU2 & HW3 upgrades) and my MYP kicks it into touch in every department, except boot space. AP is so much better, as are the cameras, auto dip headlights and (dare I say it) the auto wipers!
That does sounds like I have got a lemon then.

Is your image quality as bad as mine?

When in traffic, stop go, my MYP is dangerous on AP. I have not experienced that in the S, its been pretty smooth.

To me the cameras looked to be much better quality on the S.

...and then of course that fact that it steers like an aircraft carrier - although I think that might just be mine.

That does sounds like I have got a lemon then.

Is your image quality as bad as mine?

When in traffic, stop go, my MYP is dangerous on AP. I have not experienced that in the S, its been pretty smooth.

To me the cameras looked to be much better quality on the S.

...and then of course that fact that it steers like an aircraft carrier - although I think that might just be mine.
Re. stop/start traffic, have you tried increasing the follow distance on the MYP - leaving it on 2 does make it a bit “aggressive”. My MS was quite slow to get going in comparison.

Pretty sure my rear camera’s better than your photo.

The MS is definitely a softer ride (on air suspension at least), but it’s a cruiser rather than “sporty”, so had LOADS of understeer compared to the MYP when you’re in a hurry!

I had a MYP on test overnight last week and I must say the camera quality wasn't great for a brand new car. I am concerned ordering until this whole sensor issue is resolved.
Relevant to the above what I also noticed was the MPY Seats didnt move as much as I'd hoped for (and I know I was hoping out of an iPace which is one of its plus points, there aren't that many!)
while waiting in the showroom I sat in a MYLR and the seats seemed much better moved in a more V shape which I prefer. Before I left as they were busy I mentioned this and the guy said "oh maybe the seats haven't been calibrated"!. Got me thinking anyone know about this and maybe your cameras also need calibrating?

Re. stop/start traffic, have you tried increasing the follow distance on the MYP - leaving it on 2 does make it a bit “aggressive”. My MS was quite slow to get going in comparison.

Pretty sure my rear camera’s better than your photo.

The MS is definitely a softer ride (on air suspension at least), but it’s a cruiser rather than “sporty”, so had LOADS of understeer compared to the MYP when you’re in a hurry!
I know its a slightly different image but here are the cams in the MS.

IMG_2776.jpeg

I don't know if the pics do it justice but it is much clearer.

my car for comparison.

IMG_2706.jpeg

I had a MYP on test overnight last week and I must say the camera quality wasn't great for a brand new car. I am concerned ordering until this whole sensor issue is resolved.
Relevant to the above what I also noticed was the MPY Seats didnt move as much as I'd hoped for (and I know I was hoping out of an iPace which is one of its plus points, there aren't that many!)
while waiting in the showroom I sat in a MYLR and the seats seemed much better moved in a more V shape which I prefer. Before I left as they were busy I mentioned this and the guy said "oh maybe the seats haven't been calibrated"!. Got me thinking anyone know about this and maybe your cameras also need calibrating?
That could be a good point. I have added it to my notes as the car is with Tesla at the min.

They have had it since 9am Monday and there is no update to the service info in the app whatsoever - do repairs normally take quite a while with radio silence?

Also, they only gave me a 3 pin charger for the car so its going to take about a week to get a full charge back in the thing.

Finally took delivery from NEC today. Decided to keep the M3P for my better half to drive with the Elon tricks a few weeks ago wrecking the M3P trade in. Took it steady home, charged it and took my 6 year old daughter out for a spin. We did the good old standing start with foot right down…. And in her words “oh daddy it doesn’t tickle you like the other one does it” I know on paper it’s not far off, but it’s nowhere near in terms of thrusting you back into the seat and making you feel giddy like my M3P. I was wondering if all the software is saying it’s a performance model and it not being ?? Or are they really so far apart. As anyone else who’s had a M3P found the acceleration to be not quite hitting the guts?

Finally took delivery from NEC today. Decided to keep the M3P for my better half to drive with the Elon tricks a few weeks ago wrecking the M3P trade in. Took it steady home, charged it and took my 6 year old daughter out for a spin. We did the good old standing start with foot right down…. And in her words “oh daddy it doesn’t tickle you like the other one does it” I know on paper it’s not far off, but it’s nowhere near in terms of thrusting you back into the seat and making you feel giddy like my M3P. I was wondering if all the software is saying it’s a performance model and it not being ?? Or are they really so far apart. As anyone else who’s had a M3P found the acceleration to be not quite hitting the guts?
The feel is definitely different, I wondered if it being higher up had something to do with it? You certainly still see the speedo going nuts :)

The M3P felt much more go kart like

Sitting higher from the ground will give that effect. 0 - 60 times have been checked and uploaded to YouTube and they are doing the stated 3.5 seconds.

Last edited:
The feel is definitely different, I wondered if it being higher up had something to do with it? You certainly still see the speedo going nuts :)

The M3P felt much more go kart like
It might just be the seating position, the M3P feels scary fast, I’m not doubting the 0-60 of 3.5 but compared to the M3P it feels very slow. Which I really wasn’t expecting. Hey on the plus side, it farts via a external speaker to passers by so what’s not to love!

• Funny
Reactions: busterboy and DaveW