Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if Tesla will repair wheels I just had a very annoying incident avoiding a bollard in the road and duly bouncing up the curb on the unmarked unlit island in the middle of the road.

View attachment 899394View attachment 899399View attachment 899398View attachment 899397View attachment 899396View attachment 899395
Ouch!
Mine came with a wheel like that, they swapped it for me. Not sure if they repair them though. That looks like quite a hit, does it drive ok? May need a replacement...

Reactions: boombap
Yeah was a pretty big bump mounting the island at 30. Drives completely fine.
Tesla won’t repair it, they are strict with what they allow:

Tesla approves the following wheel repairs:

• Scratch touch-up
  • Refinishing
  • Sanding that does not remove metal
  • Polishing that does not remove metal
Note
The wheel mounting surfaces, lug nut contact surfaces, and pilot hole must be masked before refinishing to prevent paint and clearcoat from being applied to these areas.

Any wheel with cracks, corrosion, bends, or other damage that cannot be removed with cosmetic sanding or polishing is not repairable and must be discarded.

Tesla does not allow the following wheel repairs:

• Welding
  • Straightening
  • Heating
  • Machining
  • Chrome plating
Warning
These processes might negatively affect the physical structure of the wheel and might cause sudden wheel failure and loss of vehicle control, potentially resulting in injury or death.

Tesla won’t repair it, they are strict with what they allow:

Tesla approves the following wheel repairs:

• Scratch touch-up
  • Refinishing
  • Sanding that does not remove metal
  • Polishing that does not remove metal
Note
The wheel mounting surfaces, lug nut contact surfaces, and pilot hole must be masked before refinishing to prevent paint and clearcoat from being applied to these areas.

Any wheel with cracks, corrosion, bends, or other damage that cannot be removed with cosmetic sanding or polishing is not repairable and must be discarded.

Tesla does not allow the following wheel repairs:

• Welding
  • Straightening
  • Heating
  • Machining
  • Chrome plating
Warning
These processes might negatively affect the physical structure of the wheel and might cause sudden wheel failure and loss of vehicle control, potentially resulting in injury or death.
Looks like 2 new wheels and tyres then - I hope the insurance will cover that.

Dare I ask how much the wheels are from Tesla?

Dare I ask how much the wheels are from Tesla?
Won't be as cheap as the spare I have here for sale.. 😁

@ Adamhumbug Check the serial number on your wheel. This is: 21x9.5J + 40mm 1188226-00-B
wheel.jpg

wheel serial number.jpg

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: MrT3
Does anybody else find the parcel shelf really foooking annoying!! Yes before you say it, I could remove it, but then everything in my boot can been seen by potential thief's

Have had retractable ones in previous X5's I'm considering replacing it with an aftermarket version, anybody else bought one, any recommendations???

Does anybody else find the parcel shelf really foooking annoying!! Yes before you say it, I could remove it, but then everything in my boot can been seen by potential thief's

Have had retractable ones in previous X5's I'm considering replacing it with an aftermarket version, anybody else bought one, any recommendations???
Took me a while to get used to it, it’s not the greatest for sure.
I’ve mostly mastered the tilt/push manoeuvre now but it doesn’t go back far enough, I don’t really see the point of the thing TBH.

Took me a while to get used to it, it’s not the greatest for sure.
I’ve mostly mastered the tilt/push manoeuvre now but it doesn’t go back far enough, I don’t really see the point of the thing TBH.
I have had the dog in there a few times and you can push it back in such a way that it folds down behind the seats to give you a lot more room. Getting it out of that position is about a 10 minute job and you have to get in the boot.

Reactions: boombap
Priceless response from Tesla about wanting to return and get refund on car…

“To confirm, Tesla will not be taking any initiative to reimburse those subject to higher purchase prices. Sorry if this is not the answer you were looking for, but in order to maintain our integrity and consistency towards our customers, we must remain fair and can make no exceptions. Making an exception would immediately discredit any equivalent customers who have taken delivery of a vehicle before the price decrease.

Regarding your complaint surrounding the removal of the ultra-sonic sensors. We have checked your vehicles account and can confirm on 20th October 2022 at 12:39 you accepted an order acknowledgement update on your Tesla account. This disclaimer made you aware of the transition to Tesla Vision and the exciting future that lies ahead for our camera-based Autopilot system.

Concerning hardware, you can be assured your vehicle has everything necessary for the features of the included autopilot option configured with your purchase. We reassure you we are confident in supporting the continued development of these features with the current Tesla Vision hardware. Park Assist along with any other convenience features are offered as drivers aids and guidance tools but are not intended to replace the drivers visual, physical and safety checks as outlined in the relevant sections of the Owner’s Manual. As such, your vehicle remains safe to use while these features are rolled out.

If you have any concerns regarding your vehicles range, please raise these via your mobile app for assistance. As looking at the vehicle data, there is not evidence of your vehicle’s battery being defective. Therefore, this will either require more in-depth diagnosis at Service or educational points provided to help you better understand the realistic driving range of your vehicle. Further to this, we understand your two other concerns for both the wheel and the tow bar have both since been remedied by Tesla’s Winchester Service team. As such, you have opted for a repair as an applicable remedy under the Sale & Supply of Goods Act 1994 and thus do not currently hold any grounds under which we would be able to consider a vehicle return.

In light of the above, Tesla will not be accepting your vehicle rejection request. Nor would we consider your vehicle concerns to be significant to warrant any additional compensatory gestures to be awarded to you on this occasion.”

That has to be one of the sweetest admissions of we genuinely don’t give a feck about you as a customer, but thanks for the money, and because you were stupid enough to sign the “yup I’ve waited long enough, just give me the car” form based on our Coming Soon “promise”, we actually don’t need to ever deliver it. Oh and range…apparently I need some reeducation about realistic range rather than manufacturer advertised. WTAF

I wonder what a reasonable period for “Coming Soon” will be when considered by a judge? 1 month, 2 months, 6 months, years?

Did anyone who has a lease ever get the acceptance requirement for the removal of USS? I know I didn't and I'm wondering whether I should take it up with my lease company.

Also I let my dad borrow my car today for the first time and he scuffed my rear left alloy, full circumference on the edge..

Good job I took tyre and alloy insurance with ALA. Can anyone who has that or had that comment on the procedure for getting it sorted. Do I just call ALA and they'll sort it all?

20230125_203540.jpg

Last edited:
Priceless response from Tesla about wanting to return and get refund on car…
“To confirm, Tesla will not be taking any initiative to reimburse those subject to higher purchase prices. Sorry if this is not the answer you were looking for, but in order to maintain our integrity and consistency towards our customers, we must remain fair and can make no exceptions. Making an exception would immediately discredit any equivalent customers who have taken delivery of a vehicle before the price decrease.

Regarding your complaint surrounding the removal of the ultra-sonic sensors. We have checked your vehicles account and can confirm on 20th October 2022 at 12:39 you accepted an order acknowledgement update on your Tesla account. This disclaimer made you aware of the transition to Tesla Vision and the exciting future that lies ahead for our camera-based Autopilot system.

Concerning hardware, you can be assured your vehicle has everything necessary for the features of the included autopilot option configured with your purchase. We reassure you we are confident in supporting the continued development of these features with the current Tesla Vision hardware. Park Assist along with any other convenience features are offered as drivers aids and guidance tools but are not intended to replace the drivers visual, physical and safety checks as outlined in the relevant sections of the Owner’s Manual. As such, your vehicle remains safe to use while these features are rolled out.

If you have any concerns regarding your vehicles range, please raise these via your mobile app for assistance. As looking at the vehicle data, there is not evidence of your vehicle’s battery being defective. Therefore, this will either require more in-depth diagnosis at Service or educational points provided to help you better understand the realistic driving range of your vehicle. Further to this, we understand your two other concerns for both the wheel and the tow bar have both since been remedied by Tesla’s Winchester Service team. As such, you have opted for a repair as an applicable remedy under the Sale & Supply of Goods Act 1994 and thus do not currently hold any grounds under which we would be able to consider a vehicle return.

In light of the above, Tesla will not be accepting your vehicle rejection request. Nor would we consider your vehicle concerns to be significant to warrant any additional compensatory gestures to be awarded to you on this occasion.”

That has to be one of the sweetest admissions of we genuinely don’t give a feck about you as a customer, but thanks for the money, and because you were stupid enough to sign the “yup I’ve waited long enough, just give me the car” form based on our Coming Soon “promise”, we actually don’t need to ever deliver it. Oh and range…apparently I need some reeducation about realistic range rather than manufacturer advertised. WTAF

I wonder what a reasonable period for “Coming Soon” will be when considered by a judge? 1 month, 2 months, 6 months, years?
“ to maintain our integrity and consistency towards our customers, we must remain fair”

LOL

Reactions: Flemingo
Did anyone who has a lease ever get the acceptance requirement for the removal of USS? I know I didn't and I'm wondering whether I should take it up with my lease company.

Also I let my dad borrow my car today for the first time and he scuffed my rear left alloy, full circumference on the edge..

Good job I took tyre and alloy insurance with ALA. Can anyone who has that or had that comment on the procedure for getting it sorted. Do I just call ALA and they'll sort it all?

View attachment 899774
Using a website called WayBack Machine, I noted that they removed all references to Parking Sensors around April 2022 and switched to reference Tesla Vision. So based on that is your placed your order around the start of April or before and didn’t get a note to acknowledge the change you may have some ground to stand on for rejection.

What made me laugh (not really) was that they removed all references to parking sensors as early as April last year but didn’t announce it to the public until October. So they knew for 6+ months that this change was coming. I do feel that they really should have highlighted this change as soon as it was implemented on there site.

• Informative
Reactions: DeejUK

View attachment 899774
Ouch

I've had to make a claim with ALA in the past. If memory serves..

- On the ALA website is a make a claim link (Make a Claim | ALA)
- Post up some pictures (as requested by the online form)
- You get a confirmation email and I think there was a call a few days later (memory is shocking) - I believe this was to determine the gravity of the repair - mine was a lot less severe
- After that I was sent an email from the 3rd party repairer with a link to book a date and confirm some details
- On the 3rd party website you arrange a day to be repaired
- wheel gets repaired

Mine was about 2 weeks from initial claim request to repair. Thought the process worked well and Revive did an excellent job