Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they are not going to turn up till next year, there are a lot of new alternatives coming, and might look to put my money elsewhere

Is it likely that you can get your hands on any of those?

Do you need the performance (plenty of reasons to say Yes to that ... but "Performance" might not be one of them).

Performance is mostly in the 0-30 / 0-40. Above that the Standard Range might (just) pip you - its lighter. So away from the lights, definitely. Overtaking someone on a country road? Any of them will do, and the difference is very small (and the slowest is still plenty-quick).

£1,500 [I think?] will add Boost to a standard model (but that's all in the 0-30/40 bit too).

I've never driven the M3P or MYP, so I don't know how surefooted they are, and how much suspension / brake upgrades they contain.

But I have owned the MSP and that was incredible. Fast, sure (0-30/40 mostly, probably), but it was the surefooted that was amazing. From stationary just floor it. Stopped at the lights, on a roundabout ... taking the first 90-degree exit? In the wet? Just floor it. Never any drama. Whereas all the bog standard MS (I've got one now) scrabble about. No idea how Tesla got the launch so good on the MSP (and not the standard ones), might be the bigger push from the bigger rear motor.

So if MSYP is that surefooted, compared to the standard (I find mine needs attention under hard acceleration, and is nothing like as tight as the M3-standard which I had before), then that would definitely be a purchase reason :)

Tesla really needs to get their customer communication sorted…

I've been a customer since 2015. No change. In fact it got worse as they added layers of Admin Software. For a software company I would expect them to have done a much better job of that.

removing central heating ... We’re moving to ... and heat pumps.

There are some pitfalls with that (from Heat Pump output water being not-as-hot as Oil/Gas boiler). I'm not sure how that's going to pan out with the planned nationwide replacement rollout. We live in Passive House, and I have input from a Eco design consultant, so if you'd be interested I'd be happy to contribute in a new thread

I’m guessing that it won’t be June 22 as they would surely have the cars coming into production/ship cycle by now. If I am correct MYLR owners were notified at the beginning of January for a late March delivery, so that would suggest c.3 months process?

Reactions: DeejUK
I’m guessing that it won’t be June 22 as they would surely have the cars coming into production/ship cycle by now. If I am correct MYLR owners were notified at the beginning of January for a late March delivery, so that would suggest c.3 months process?
If they come from Berlin they can be here far quicker than China. It’s still possible for ‘mid 22’

If they come from Berlin they can be here far quicker than China. It’s still possible for ‘mid 22’

Electrek reported that Berlin is still very early in its ramp-up, and if I've read it correctly, we're looking at a few thousand vehicles to be produced there before June. Given that they're still ramping production, I would have expected them to stick solely to LHD LR models until they've got that nailed, and then think about RHD and/or Performance models.

My assumptions could well be wrong, and I think we'd all be really happy if they are!

Electrek reported that Berlin is still very early in its ramp-up, and if I've read it correctly, we're looking at a few thousand vehicles to be produced there before June. Given that they're still ramping production, I would have expected them to stick solely to LHD LR models until they've got that nailed, and then think about RHD and/or Performance models.

My assumptions could well be wrong, and I think we'd all be really happy if they are!
There were reports of RHD MYP coming from there late this year. Having seen a Berlin to China comparison video I would leave them to ramp up and get their quality under control for a bit longer.

I notice delivery dates for new orders of UK MYP's has been brought forward to Aug 22 from late 22 - hopefully a sign of production and therefore shipping sometime soon! 🤞 May even be a possibility of early orders delivered prior - but guessing that last bit! At least it appears to be a positive sign of deliveries in the not distant future.... 👍

Edit - with B&W interior it pushes the delivery date back out to Nov 22 - seems a bit drastic for just an interior colour to make such a difference....

Last edited:
Ouch! Silver Metallic is one of the options that makes the earliest delivery November (along with white interior), but Blue Metallic and Red Multi-Coat both yield a date of January 2023! I hope this doesn't apply to prior orders.

Why did I order red with a white interior...

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobby_Dazzler
Looks to me like there's some jiggery pokery going on too, all the M3P colours/options are showing August too so looks like a production run on P's is imminent but these colour options are throwing dates every where for the MYP's - I can't understand why that would be - no real rhyme or reason to colours creating such difference to time scales.... Bizarre!

Definitely a positive to actually say August.
If it was an order placed last October 2021 I’m hoping your choices will be in the first batch regardless of exterior and interior colour.
Odd that white interior adds a few months on configurator , as I often read the more your willing to spend on speck brings orders forward?

Another insight: checking the MYP UK online configurator vs the French vs the German one, they now show the exact same estimated delivery month for all MYP colour paint and interior configuration.
So it definitely looks like the UK will soon get its MYPs supplied by Giga Berlin. Now it doesn't exclude them sending some from China in the meantime I guess (?)
But then at worse, if we get them from Giga Berlin only, I'm reassuring myself thinking the UK/RHD is now getting aligned with the rest of Europe/LHD. And although I can't exactly remember the estimated dates from France or Germany a few months ago, I'm pretty sure all of them were in 2022 not 2023. So hoping those of us having booked in October 2021 will get them earlier than what's quoted now.
(In the same boat as you @DeejUK red & white 😀 )

Just had a chat at local dealer - they are reasonably confident (I guess as much as anyone at Tesla ever is!) that white & black MYPs will come from China for August handover. They didn’t seem to differentiate between mine ordered last October or one ordered now! Also didn’t mention whether int. colour was an issue. Other colours later in the year. No news on MIG cars…