Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely a positive to actually say August.
If it was an order placed last October 2021 I’m hoping your choices will be in the first batch regardless of exterior and interior colour.
Odd that white interior adds a few months on configurator , as I often read the more your willing to spend on speck brings orders forward?
maybe most of the existing orders are white interior? mine is set for aug 22, black on black, I guess that isn’t very popular..?

Definitely a positive to actually say August.
If it was an order placed last October 2021 I’m hoping your choices will be in the first batch regardless of exterior and interior colour.
Odd that white interior adds a few months on configurator , as I often read the more your willing to spend on speck brings orders forward?

maybe most of the existing orders are white interior? mine is set for aug 22, black on black, I guess that isn’t very popular..?
That's what I'm going with black outside with black Interior , watched a few YouTube videos and it looks nice . Was looking at white but practically every Model Y or Model 3 I have seen is in white

Anyone seen their EDD updated since this change?

Where would one see this? In the "My Account" section of the Tesla website I get "Next Steps [line break] As your delivery date approaches, we’ll contact you to confirm your registration, payment method and, if applicable, trade-in details." I don't think I've seen an estimated delivery date since using the configurator when placing the order, but then there's probably lots of places that I haven't looked!

Where would one see this? In the "My Account" section of the Tesla website I get "Next Steps [line break] As your delivery date approaches, we’ll contact you to confirm your registration, payment method and, if applicable, trade-in details." I don't think I've seen an estimated delivery date since using the configurator when placing the order, but then there's probably lots of places that I haven't looked!
I had a MYLR order before I switched to the MYP - the EDD showed on the front page - vanished when I switched to MYP to the same setup you are seeing.

Big sigh.....
Had a phone call from Tesla in the Netherlands today , oh ! Great I thought, well they said could I answer a few questions.
Do you have a trade in? No. How do you plan to pay for you Tesla ? Cash payment.
They said ok , are you keen to get your Tesla ? Well Of course I said that’s why I ordered last October. Plus I’ve sold my Jaguar F pace in anticipation! I’m not sure the point of the questions? As they then said we can see you’ve ordered white on white . Followed by we have no confirmation of when production may be this year . BUT last bit was odd , and a little concerning. The guy said there is talk in management at Tesla about cancellation of MYP U.K. orders and refunding deposits until they have an actual start date of production and ask you to re order ?? what !!! I said so I’d be In The same boat as a new order. Ur well yes he said , but he said it’s only a rumour at the moment if a production date is not set soon.
Any news is good news but ?? Have to wait and see…..

Had a phone call from Tesla in the Netherlands today , oh ! Great I thought, well they said could I answer a few questions.
Do you have a trade in? No. How do you plan to pay for you Tesla ? Cash payment.
They said ok , are you keen to get your Tesla ? Well Of course I said that’s why I ordered last October. Plus I’ve sold my Jaguar F pace in anticipation! I’m not sure the point of the questions? As they then said we can see you’ve ordered white on white . Followed by we have no confirmation of when production may be this year . BUT last bit was odd , and a little concerning. The guy said there is talk in management at Tesla about cancellation of MYP U.K. orders and refunding deposits until they have an actual start date of production and ask you to re order ?? what !!! I said so I’d be In The same boat as a new order. Ur well yes he said , but he said it’s only a rumour at the moment if a production date is not set soon.
Any news is good news but ?? Have to wait and see…..
I can only guess they would do this as MYP is coming from Berlin later this year. I doubt cancelling orders though unless the price is going to go up a lot.

I had an update from my leasing company (who have previously been very reliable on dates on the 3 other Tesla's my company has purchaed).......

Hello,

Your new TESLA MODEL Y HATCHBACK Performance AWD 5dr Auto - Solid - Black is due to arrive at the dealership approximately 23/05/2022.

We would normally expect delivery to yourself to take place a couple of weeks after this date.

Should you have any questions or queries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

The Sales Support Team

Model 3s are now showing February 2023.
No idea what the devil is going on with Tesla logistics but it wouldn’t surprise me if it had something to do with Giga Berlin. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Even worse if you choose white/black/aero - that is May 2023!

For the MY, today the LR MSM is showing as October. Given that is the start of a quarter and vehicles from afar don't arrive in the first month, does that mean Berlin is getting some grey paint and will supply the UK???

All the MYP are showing late 2022 today but yesterday they have specific months against each colour. As this point in time I don't think Tesla has a clue when they can deliver their vehicles.

Last edited:
Even worse if you choose white/black/aero - that is May 2023!

For the MY, today the LR MSM is showing as October. Given that is the start of a quarter and vehicles from afar don't arrive in the first month, does that mean Berlin is getting some grey paint and will supply the UK???

All the MYP are showing late 2022 today but yesterday they have specific months against each colour. As this point in time I don't think Tesla has a clue when they can deliver their vehicles.
That's literally changed in the last hour or so - they really know how to mess with people's heads! 😤