Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What cars do you have on order, @delta0? I noticed you've also posted in the in M3P threads, and I was wondering if you're lucky enough to have both on order, or whether the post in this thread is accidental?
M3P. I did post in here on haste. Regardless it’s good that things are happening at Tesla. Can only assume it’s related to the current loading of vehicles at Shanghai.

Reactions: DeejUK
M3P. I did post in here on haste. Regardless it’s good that things are happening at Tesla. Can only assume it’s related to the current loading of vehicles at Shanghai.
Regarding delivery, looks like very little difference if you order now v ordering on day one. All end of the year probs.
Is there even the slightest glimmer of hope that the ship ‘supposedly‘ on its way to the UK from shanghai has model Y’Ps onboard?

I think it’s realistic to aim for the last quarter of the year for an MYP ~ maybe Q1 2023. Berlin still needs to ramp up/get fully operational and I would think MY orders are still being fulfilled. I can’t imagine the MYP is as popular as most people don’t care about a 3.5s 0-60 v 4.7s especially as AB brings it closer to 4.3s for £1500. So when you split the difference of £7500 its a lot to pay for 1s faster to 60 and some bling if it’s not your fancy.

It is my fancy as I’ve never owned an everyday usable/practical vehicle with that sort of performance!

Last edited:
Reactions: DeejUK
I think it’s realistic to aim for the last quarter of the year for an MYP ~ maybe Q1 2023. Berlin still needs to ramp up/get fully operational and I would think MY orders are still being fulfilled. I can’t imagine the MYP is as popular as most people don’t care about a 3.5s 0-60 v 4.7s especially as AB brings it closer to 4.3s for £1500. So when you split the difference of £7500 its a lot to pay for 1s faster to 60 and some bling if it’s not your fancy.

It is my fancy as I’ve never owned an everyday usable/practical vehicle with that sort of performance!

Thanks - same debate has raged since cars were created….. why have a M3 when a 335i is only a little slower…. and you can remap them to make it even closer to a m3.
Performances cars that are just that little bit more special will always have a place in my opinion. For those that way inclined anyways - ie I assume everyone on this forum 👍🏻

I assume everyone on this forum

Ermmm ... I did 95K miles in a Model-S Performance and then replaced it with the cooking-version ... a miserable 3.8s 0-60 and no software acceleration boost option available ... o_O

Very rarely used the Performance ... after the first month or two of all my mates coming to have a gander

Pretty much all the extra power is in the launch, its brutal (e.g. for a passenger who isn't expecting it). But it never got old ...

The 40-90 on my Model-S and M3 is identical, and the MY gets to 86 over the same distance (i.e. all starting from 40 MPH). Significantly different 0-60 for those three of course - thus the difference is pretty much all in the initial shove.

The performance that I do use is overtaking; away-from-the-light = not so much but YMMV :)

Thanks - same debate has raged since cars were created….. why have a M3 when a 335i is only a little slower…. and you can remap them to make it even closer to a m3.
Performances cars that are just that little bit more special will always have a place in my opinion. For those that way inclined anyways - ie I assume everyone on this forum 👍🏻
Yep, I agree! I always want the R version and not the S version of a car. I think £1500 is a massive upgrade for the cost based on some of the things I had to do to get .5s. On my RS Focus FWD I had to spend way more and all the work involved!

That said, the MY is so enjoyable and fast I’m happy to wait for the MYP. 😀

The performance that I do use is overtaking; away-from-the-light = not so much but YMMV :)

I have found the overtaking performance impressive in the MY and that’s what I want. Lots of roads around me where people drive 30mph in a 60mph where it’s perfectly safe to do that speed.

I’m hoping the MYP is slightly faster with overtaking. I don’t think the motors are any different between the models.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I have found the overtaking performance impressive in the MY and that’s what I want. Lots of roads around me where people drive 30mph in a 60mph where it’s perfectly safe to do that speed.

I’m hoping the MYP is slightly faster with overtaking. I don’t think the motors are any different between the models.
I believe the MYP has the 980 rear motor vs the 990 in the MYLR.

Last edited:
I’ve just read on another forum an old raging debate about 980 and 990 motors. Lol!
The debate that keeps giving... Suspect it's just versions of motors and they will settle on the same version. Would be good to see some recent intel though. I would image either motor can give more, but with the P, they allow even more output from the rear motor given the wider tread / greater grip at the rear.

Hi All - First post, avid reader.

Quick question - I see you can now add a tow hitch to the order for £1,300 when building a new MY, but if you order the tow package separately from the Shop it's £1,090. Would anyone know if there is something different between these two? I'm certainly in the market for one of these as we have a bike rack that I need to cater for... whether they will still be on the back at the end of the journey is another thing entirely! ;)

For reference I have a white on white MYP on order since Feb.