Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All - First post, avid reader.

Quick question - I see you can now add a tow hitch to the order for £1,300 when building a new MY, but if you order the tow package separately from the Shop it's £1,090. Would anyone know if there is something different between these two? I'm certainly in the market for one of these as we have a bike rack that I need to cater for... whether they will still be on the back at the end of the journey is another thing entirely! ;)

For reference I have a white on white MYP on order since Feb.
VAT?

Looks like both are inclusive of VAT. I'd be asking Tesla and I'd be interested to hear what they have to say. If its just fitting the same kit you can buy after the event then you'd rightly expect it to be the same price or even slightly cheaper (why would you buy it sooner!?).

Only thing I can think of is if it is the same kit, then maybe, given the timescales for delivery, there's a future price increase on the way and by the time cars arrive they're both the same price. But thats just speculation and I've no idea personally.

edited to add I've asked the question in the MY forum under the ordering part, but looking at other countries, the US its cheaper to factory order and NL its the same price so I imagine it may be the UK that have got it wrong

Last edited:
Placed my order on the 5th May … I’m struggling with the waiting! Apparently September is when I’ll expect delivery ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No idea how I’ll manage to be patient. Purchased via ADL finance so I’m hoping things go smoothly.

Anyone know how long it takes for to assign a VIN etc after the order date?

Anyone know how long it takes for to assign a VIN etc after the order date?

VIN is usually assigned when the boat, on which your car is travelling - and once that car has been assigned to you - gets to Suez.

You will usually get a more-narrow delivery window before then, which will (normally ...) indicate that your car is assigned to a production batch.

If your car isn't scheduled to be on any boat (this quarter) then you can also get a latter allocation - e.g. if someone else defers collection - that can be a bit more of a scramble at end-of-quarter!

Cars purchased through finance companies may not see that much detail ... and I have no idea if deferred collection cars are re-assigned to finance buyers.

Any clues as to when the next RHD cars boat sails from China? Hoping the next boat has some MYP on it , said summer 2022 last October when deposit was placed . Just to know a boat is on the way is some hope . Im assuming it’s China . If and when its giga Berlin it will be by train to the Europe distribution hub.

Any clues as to when the next RHD cars boat sails from China? Hoping the next boat has some MYP on it , said summer 2022 last October when deposit was placed . Just to know a boat is on the way is some hope . Ima assuming it’s China . If and when its giga Berlin it will be by train to the Europe distribution hub.
THEBEN has already set sail and had RHD on her. We don’t know where in Europe they are heading yet.

Reactions: crown62
First time Tesla owner (soon....) and poster. I've been checking daily for some hope that the expected time of end August would be achievable, as I ordered in mid-April, but judging from the posts here, it seems we're looking more like Dec? Must think of what to do for the short term if that's the case.

First time Tesla owner (soon....) and poster. I've been checking daily for some hope that the expected time of end August would be achievable, as I ordered in mid-April, but judging from the posts here, it seems we're looking more like Dec? Must think of what to do for the short term if that's the case.
I think “August” was a brief mistake on the website, if that’s when you ordered! I fell into the same trap and here I am, waiting…

So how do people feel about Tesla opening up the supercharger network to any EV user? Still worth the premium, lack of communication about delivery and not such glowing reviews about quality and ride?
I couldn’t care less about the network being opened up. Quality of my MY is excellent as is the ride. Communication was excellent with my order.

The forum for posting about Tesla opening up their charging network:

for those unhappy about the ride quality

For those unhappy with build quality

And lack of communication

Reactions: DeejUK
I couldn’t care less about the network being opened up. Quality of my MY is excellent as is the ride. Communication was excellent with my order.

The forum for posting about Tesla opening up their charging network:

for those unhappy about the ride quality

For those unhappy with build quality

And lack of communication

Thank you for your passive aggressive reply and pointers to join US forums to discuss ride quality on American roads, or aged US discussions on build quality. I do not know what either will be in a UK MYP as no one has been able to sample it. I was reflecting journalist opinion that rated the car as a likely success because of the charging network rather than the car itself (see Autocar review) to get a sense of whether it concerns others. I am delighted however by your reply stating that build quality is excellent - that is one concern off my list, thank you.

I appreciate that you probably don’t have the charging point demand (or quantity of broken chargers) in central Scotland that we have in the south of England so opening up may not be important to you, but it will deeply p##s me off if I can’t recharge while someone else has their xxx brand car plugged in and charging at 3.5kWh, having paid for a premium experience. Perhaps you know something more about what will stop those cars using the Tesla chargers?

And I look forward to the “mid 2022” delivery of my car, that I have heard nothing about, and I have had no responses from Tesla when I try and contact them since I placed my order last October.

It wasn’t meant to be passive aggressive, sorry! If you use the search function then the MYP waiting room we will stay a bit more on topic as I’m waiting like you for my MYP. There’s plenty of people worrying about the network being opened up - mainly in the US where it really matters due to vast distances, we have more options in the U.K. - Shell, IONITY, local government chargers etc. In Europe the trials are working well. I’m not worrying as it will be what it will be, I can’t stop it happening and I travel South a lot so not looking forward to lines during holidays. I’m sure Tesla will make it work well - and probably being threatened to open it up or getting subsidies for doing so. There are a lot of current non Tesla EVs that won’t be able to use them and certainly not easily.

Don’t worry about build quality. Shanghai knows how to make cars well and I’m sure Berlin will as well. Germans are exact in manufacturing!

The communication is a known issue but it is what it is. No one can help here other than appreciate your pain 😟

Reactions: Flemingo and DeejUK