Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Presumably this isn't good news for us? :(

Based on buyer reports to Electrek and European Tesla message boards, the problem appears to only affect the Performance version of the Model Y, and several buyers are reporting being told by Tesla that the problem is with the drive units (electric motors).

Confirms slight change to suspension setup and some small additional improvements 👍
I don’t watch his videos because they’re full of mistakes (sometimes just his conclusions), but if he’s comparing a MYP with a MRLR then you’d expect the suspension to be different.

It’s like other changes, they come along all the time. Compare a MIC LR delivered 3 months ago to one delivered today and you’d spot differences, parcel shelf being the obvious one. To conclude that Berlin are different to MIC is surely one you can’t really make.

I don’t watch his videos because they’re full of mistakes (sometimes just his conclusions), but if he’s comparing a MYP with a MRLR then you’d expect the suspension to be different.
That's an interesting observation George.

Do you mean different as a result of the incremental changes Tesla make along the way, or different as in different components/specification/set up on the P than the LR?

The reason I ask is that the conclusion on the thread comparing M3P v M3LR (here) is that they have the same suspension.

That's an interesting observation George.

Do you mean different as a result of the incremental changes Tesla make along the way, or different as in different components/specification/set up on the P than the LR?

The reason I ask is that the conclusion on the thread comparing M3P v M3LR (here) is that they have the same suspension.
Maybe I'm mistaken, but the configurator for the MYP still says it has lowered suspension. I'd heard the M3 had dropped using the term and maybe the suspension had become the same, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the MY, at least in what they write on the configurator.

Reactions: HenryT
Hey all, first post here.

I ordered the MYLR and MYP April 15th. MYLR is set for delivery between Sept 5 - Oct 20th (Black on Black w/ 20 inch rims). The MYP has the standard TBD (Black on Black). Thoughts on me receiving a date for the MYP before taking delivery of the MYLR?

Does anyone have an actual date in their account for the MYP yet or is everyone getting the same TBD?

Head back a couple of pages and you’ll see a few of us have estimated dates that appeared in the last couple of weeks for mid-late Nov-Dec. Mine is a black MYP supposedly due Nov13-Dec28.

So reckon your MYLR will be first… if you trust estimates.
Hey all, first post here.

I ordered the MYLR and MYP April 15th. MYLR is set for delivery between Sept 5 - Oct 20th (Black on Black w/ 20 inch rims). The MYP has the standard TBD (Black on Black). Thoughts on me receiving a date for the MYP before taking delivery of the MYLR?

Does anyone have an actual date in their account for the MYP yet or is everyone getting the same TBD?
Head back a couple of pages and you’ll see a few of us have estimated dates that appeared in the last couple of weeks for mid-late Nov-Dec. Mine is a black MYP supposedly due Nov13-Dec28.

So reckon your MYLR will be first… if you trust estimates.