Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sad times. I have just been told by Octopus Energy EV That my MYP - Blue now has an expected delivery date of Jan 23. 13 months after ordering :). Even so this is the 5th delivery date change, so this date is not worth anything. Will I ever get my car. :-(

Anyone else got new delivery dates?

Sad times. I have just been told by Octopus Energy EV That my MYP - Blue now has an expected delivery date of Jan 23. 13 months after ordering :). Even so this is the 5th delivery date change, so this date is not worth anything. Will I ever get my car. :-(

Anyone else got new delivery dates?

Never had one to start with! Best info I've ever had is TBD
From what I can glean all the lease company's throw some spurious dates around (for all models) - I don't think it helps anyone

So I have just been on the phone with Tesla to change my colour from White to Back which they did and it didn’t effect my base price (woooo) and oddly my account has now changed to show an Estimated delivery: Dec 2022 - Feb 2023. Better than TBD although I know this can change as quickly as the wind.

I’m just looking forward to not doing 24mpg 😂 bring on the MYP

Reactions: drumkills
Screenshot_20220812-162824_Chrome.jpg

At last - an EDD on my order 🤩🤩🤩🤩
I assume others may have had this too?

Same for me; I now have a and EDD and no longer TBD. Same EDD window as everyone else.

So, are we saying that all it took was for @daveface to change the colour of his car on his order?? 😂
🤣🤣 hope so, change it again, we might get sooner!
Though seriously reading into this if coming from Shanghai, likely to end up Dec or March (quarter ends and all that) if Berlin, suppose it could rock up anytime 🤷‍♂️

Same for me; I now have a and EDD and no longer TBD. Same EDD window as everyone else.

So, are we saying that all it took was for @daveface to change the colour of his car on his order?? 😂

🤣🤣 hope so, change it again, we might get sooner!
Though seriously reading into this if coming from Shanghai, likely to end up Dec or March (quarter ends and all that) if Berlin, suppose it could rock up anytime 🤷‍♂️

hahah I was thinking the same - Maybe Tesla were just waiting for that one last black order 🤣! I Also noticed that the main site now states the same Delivery Estimates (rather than Late-2022). Do you think this means they are more confident in the delivery range?

hahah I was thinking the same - Maybe Tesla were just waiting for that one last black order 🤣! I Also noticed that the main site now states the same Delivery Estimates (rather than Late-2022). Do you think this means they are more confident in the delivery range?
Who knows, I think Tesla have to stare in to a crystal ball sometimes! But it would suggest some sort production plan surely else I don't a point in them doing it 🤷‍♂️

Hmm. Has anyone else noticed an inconsistency in the phrasing of the message?

I'm getting:

Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned.

Seems that other folks here (perhaps the majority?) are getting:

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame will be based on order date, delivery location and order configuration.

Perhaps it'd be speculation beyond what is warranted, but I'm wondering if there's a semantic difference there. The latter seems to be a bit more certain, and explaining why some people will be higher in the queue than others. Could we also infer that VINs are assigned for people with the second message, given the omission of the relevant sentence? The former also seems a bit too open-ended for my liking... The term "availability" makes me concerned that my configuration will simply be unavailable, and I'll be waiting even longer.

Is anyone else getting the former message? Perhaps it's just a UI thing, but I get the same text in a desktop browser (Brave/MacOS) and mobile (DuckDuckGo/iOS). In the app I just get "Manage your order in your Tesla account", which bounces me out to a browser.

I have the latter, nothing in the app and likewise; it forwards on to the webpage.
Good spot on the differences btw. I think there was 'a cut off' approx 4th Feb when I think the delivery date (presumed for new orders) shifted on to late 22. Guessing here but that may be where the difference lies in the 2 narratives i.e. order date? 🤷‍♂️