Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It made no sense to me when I got the call this week, they seemed pretty adament and my SCL portal states 22/09. I'd be amazed if it turns up mind!

Don't know if the White/White combination has anything to do with it
Seeing as it's a lease car I guess you only start paying for it once you actually take delivery. If it was a cash purchase, they'd start hitting you up now (or when they give you a VIN) for the balance due?

It made no sense to me when I got the call this week, they seemed pretty adament and my SCL portal states 22/09. I'd be amazed if it turns up mind!

Don't know if the White/White combination has anything to do with it
They didn’t a state which year though 😉

In other news my hedged M3P EDD order moved again today - this time it’s been brought forward 2 weeks… 5th time it’s changed post order in July so I wouldn’t believe any EDD from Tesla

Scrap the above. Looks like Aus won’t get their MYP’s until Mid 2023

39CD8FD5-508C-4545-861C-553789980923.png

Seeing they've still only made Black/Black and White/Black LHD models, I wouldn't be holding out much hope. Even if they add white seats and more colours in say October/November I would be surprised if they switched to RHD orders first in those new configurations.

Scrap the above. Looks like Aus won’t get their MYP’s until Mid 2023

View attachment 851975

Unless they’ve decided to send all the RHD to us instead to clear the backlog here?

Maybe they were due from Berlin but they’ve decided to send from China instead. I notice the wait times in Europe have increased too, so maybe Berlin will be dedicated to clearing that backlog.
Pity if that’s the case, as was hoping for a German one.

They must be producing the RHD for the Australian market? Maybe they’re coming from China?
All RHD MY are coming from China at the moment, including performance models (Singapore and HK - Australia has only just started to receive MYLR, no performance yet). I suspect Tesla want to use Germany for UK MYP deliveries to avoid import taxes but the inability for the German plant to ramp up may force Tesla to bring the first ones in from China.

All RHD MY are coming from China at the moment, including performance models (Singapore and HK - Australia has only just started to receive MYLR, no performance yet). I suspect Tesla want to use Germany for UK MYP deliveries to avoid import taxes but the inability for the German plant to ramp up may force Tesla to bring the first ones in from China.
This makes complete sense. And it ties up with the Hong Kong and Singapore configurators showing MYP for Q4/late 2022