Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What model do you have? Our school-run car is a '13 Zoe with a tiny 22kWh battery.
I'm using a EV subscription service at the moment, but its a brand new 52kWh model. So far I am managing to eek out 230 miles from 100% battery and around 4.0 mphkw - Which is fine, but the thing i'm finding hard at the moment (first EV) is that I dont have a home charger or granny lead so I have to rely on the one 50kWh BP Pulse charger near me, which is just a pain! ..... home charger coming soon ... once I decide which one I want / need lol

I dont have a home charger or granny lead
Cripes, that must be difficult!

Off topic, but on the subject of home chargers, we've had a 'dumb' one for the last 9 years. Only recently have I felt the need to know how much electricity we use to charge the cars, so for nearly a decade the cheapest possible model has been perfectly fine. Our Rolec one has been much more reliable than the one that British Gas installed in 2013!

I'm using a EV subscription service at the moment, but its a brand new 52kWh model. So far I am managing to eek out 230 miles from 100% battery and around 4.0 mphkw - Which is fine, but the thing i'm finding hard at the moment (first EV) is that I dont have a home charger or granny lead so I have to rely on the one 50kWh BP Pulse charger near me, which is just a pain! ..... home charger coming soon ... once I decide which one I want / need lol
I went for a Hypervolt home charger before the grant ran out in March, I can't offer any insight to it's workings with the car as I don't have it yet but poking around the app it seems quite intuitive

I think there's a grant available now for business users to install one at home - I'm not sure if that's relevant to you/others though

Anyone else had thoughts on the first tune to blast out once you've picked the car up?
I'm looking forward to a rather childish exit from the pick up with something like AC/DC Back in Black, or Fleewtood Mac - The Chain blasting out😁

I might bang a poll out on the UK FB Y page for inspiration

Anyone else here got any ideas 🤔
(or is it quite sadly, just me 🤦‍♂️)

You Can’t Hurry Love By Phil Collins seems fitting based on how long some have waited.... 😆

Anyone else had thoughts on the first tune to blast out once you've picked the car up?
I'm looking forward to a rather childish exit from the pick up with something like AC/DC Back in Black, or Fleewtood Mac - The Chain blasting out😁

I might bang a poll out on the UK FB Y page for inspiration

Anyone else here got any ideas 🤔
(or is it quite sadly, just me 🤦‍♂️)
Hopefully a particular Xmas song by Chuck Berry! ;)

However, my EDD is now Jan 23 - Mar 23 too, so maybe not.

Regards the shift in EDD - I really can't see us having to go through this 'update' today if the delivery will be in March - that's like 6 months away.... delivery surely would have to be sooner than that. Unless this morning exercise has been to 're-qualify' the orders already placed....

Regards the shift in EDD - I really can't see us having to go through this 'update' today if the delivery will be in March - that's like 6 months away.... delivery surely would have to be sooner than that. Unless this morning exercise has been to 're-qualify' the orders already placed....
I’m less convinced…

When I ordered my hedge M3P (early July) I had to go through the same process - order details, payment/finance etc

After i did that my M3P EDD shifted out 3 months and since then it’s moved around FIVE times… at one point it was brought in to early Sept, so I changed my electric tariff at home in preparation, it now currently stands at give or take the original date (mid-Nov) they communicated (all direct thru Tesla)

So I’d take those updated EDDs with a large pinch of salt

I’m less convinced…

When I ordered my hedge M3P (early July) I had to go through the same process - order details, payment/finance etc

After i did that my M3P EDD shifted out 3 months and since then it’s moved around FIVE times… at one point it was brought in to early Sept, so I changed my electric tariff at home in preparation, it now currently stands at give or take the original date (mid-Nov) they communicated (all direct thru Tesla)

So I’d take those updated EDDs with a large pinch of salt
Good to know that it's not just the MYP EDD's that are all over the place

Reactions: Bobby_Dazzler
Cripes, that must be difficult!

Off topic, but on the subject of home chargers, we've had a 'dumb' one for the last 9 years. Only recently have I felt the need to know how much electricity we use to charge the cars, so for nearly a decade the cheapest possible model has been perfectly fine. Our Rolec one has been much more reliable than the one that British Gas installed in 2013!
Yeah its a a pain, I was going to wait to get the charger installed at the same time as my solar system + battery. But I'm now pushing to get the charger fitted prior as the G99 application is taking forever!
I went for a Hypervolt home charger before the grant ran out in March, I can't offer any insight to it's workings with the car as I don't have it yet but poking around the app it seems quite intuitive

I think there's a grant available now for business users to install one at home - I'm not sure if that's relevant to you/others though
Thanks - Yeah I have been looking at both the Zappi and Hypervolt, I just need to make sure which ever I choose plays nicely with the solar and battery. Unfortunately I wont be eligible for a grant!

In other news - I have updated all of my details and now joined the EDD Jan - Mar Team :-( ...... also worth noting ... prior to filling out my details I had a status of ORDER_PLACED it is now showing as BOOKED

Screenshot 2022-09-23 at 15.50.53.png

Elon still hates me 😭

Reactions: Sanjiv