Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no idea how to do that but on the bottom showing when I ordered..but I ordered 1st June. Red MYP with tow hitch. I have ordered through my works salary sacrifice scheme. Estimate was Oct. Then December. When I noticed that on the Tesla site the time frame for the MYLR had reduced to Oct/Nov I contacted Tesla. They said that new orders for MYP’s will be delivered at the earliest Jan/Feb 2023. My estimate for mid December, they say, is realistic.

All forms and agreements approved. Now showing Nov 25th to Jan 19th!

Also I see on Twitter someone said that Taiwan are now showing MYP available for order and confirmed to come from Berlin…

Light at the end of the tunnel now finally!
Confimed by whom?

I'm curious as to why people seem to be so certain that MYPs are coming from Berlin, when MYLRs and everything else isn't, so there will still be boats coming from Shanghai either way....

Reactions: AndyWarrington
Confimed by whom?

I'm curious as to why people seem to be so certain that MYPs are coming from Berlin, when MYLRs and everything else isn't, so there will still be boats coming from Shanghai either way....
Agree with you. Given the (granted shakey) EDD's that have been given, they seem quite typical of MIC deliveries. As in last 5-6 weeks of the quarter etc.... We shall see 👍

Reactions: Durzel
Could be useful for folks to add in their names/sigs or state here which colour combo's you have on order, any with the newer EDD that are MSM or Blue would indicate MIC I think 🤔
Mine is MSM / black interior.

I originally ordered white and changed it because it seems that Tesla is unable to match the bumper colour to the rest of the car, so I wanted to avoid that.

Could be useful for folks to add in their names/sigs or state here which colour combo's you have on order, any with the newer EDD that are MSM or Blue would indicate MIC I think 🤔
Already 1 x MSM & 1 x Blue. As far as I know MIG aren't banging these colours out as yet so would suggest this along with the delivery date timings these first deliveries if turn out to be Nov-Dec would be MIC cars. So VINs mid-late Oct should be popping up.
That's my magic on Tesla's unfathomable logic 👌

I see delivery details now appear on the app. I’ve been asked to provide address, part ex details etc. Will ignore for now until nearer the time as part ex will just expire…

If at point of ordering you stated ‘cash’, can you change to PCP at this point? I’ve always just paid previously.

Attachments

• 32F61F97-33C9-40BF-B1FF-664A478F9BCA.jpeg
    32F61F97-33C9-40BF-B1FF-664A478F9BCA.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I see delivery details now appear on the app. I’ve been asked to provide address, part ex details etc. Will ignore for now until nearer the time as part ex will just expire…

If at point of ordering you stated ‘cash’, can you change to PCP at this point? I’ve always just paid previously.
As part of the details you’re being asked now in your account, yes. You have a section to (re-) select how you’re paying for it, not driven by your earlier selection at time of order

Reactions: UrbanSplash
Confimed by whom?

Tesla don’t supply Taiwan from China for obvious reasons so they will have to come from US or Germany. It would make sense that Berlin starts producing all RHD vehicles that China isn’t going to make so the US factories don’t have to hold RHD specific parts but I’m not sure you can say it is ‘confirmed’ until the first VINs appear.

MYP for the UK has always been earmarked as being produced in Berlin, several unofficial sources within Tesla have stated that, and it seems to be true otherwise we would have received MYPs from China before now.

Reactions: Tesalarr
Tesla don’t supply Taiwan from China for obvious reasons so they will have to come from US or Germany. It would make sense that Berlin starts producing all RHD vehicles that China isn’t going to make so the US factories don’t have to hold RHD specific parts but I’m not sure you can say it is ‘confirmed’ until the first VINs appear.

MYP for the UK has always been earmarked as being produced in Berlin, several unofficial sources within Tesla have stated that, and it seems to be true otherwise we would have received MYPs from China before now.
Taiwan is LHD though, so would naturally have come from either US or Berlin anyway.

I still haven’t heard a logical reason why Berlin would produce RHD cars when it is surrounded by LHD markets, and Shanghai is closer to the RHD ones. The UK is an outlier either way.

So long as there are boats coming over from Shanghai to the UK, shipping is a sunk cost.

I still haven’t heard a logical reason why Berlin would produce RHD cars when it is surrounded by LHD markets, and Shanghai is closer to the RHD ones. The UK is an outlier either way.
We don't know Tesla's costs but the increased labour costs would probably be more than offset by not having to pay import taxes and shipping. Tesla has been under pressure by the Chinese government to reduce exports and concentrate on their local market, and diversification of manufacturing is a good thing especially with China's Covid policy which could force a factory shutdown at any moment.

So long as there are boats coming over from Shanghai to the UK, shipping is a sunk cost.
It's still a cost per ship or per vehicle (if using scheduled services) so if they reduce the number of exports the costs do go down.

But yes, diversification and cost savings could be made with just the LHD vehicles and keep all RHD in China.

Reactions: Durzel