Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYP Black with White interior - FSD.
Ordered June 6th - EDD Dec 2nd - Jan 26th with collection Manchester.

I did message Tesla reference the wait times and I got this reply back:

Hi,
Our vehicles are produced in batches at our Gigafactory in Shanghai rather than produced to order, you will see on your Tesla Account that your estimated delivery window constantly shifts to give you the most accurate estimate at all times. The current delays are caused by logistical issues in China that were the result of a lockdown that has affected Shanghai a couple of months ago. This situation means that the whole of Tesla is experiencing global supply chain issues.

In an endeavor to keep our customers more informed, we created an automated and regularly updated delivery estimate procedure. This means that your delivery estimate is automatically updated every time there is a change, which has proved troublesome for many during this difficult time, given the abovementioned global supply chain issues. Nonetheless, as the estimated delivery date is always subject to change, this means that your projected delivery period can move forward again to an earlier time.

Many thanks, Tesla.

Does anyone have any experience of ordering a Tesla via Octopus EV? I've had a MYP on Order since early July (Red, Black Interior, Enhanced Autopilot) which has a vague November to January EDD...I'd love to get a better indication than that or at least a little more transparency!

It is mad how Tesla operate. Other cars I've purchased new (mostly German) have had a fairly nailed-on 'Build Week' from which you can fairly accurately extrapolate logistics and registration etc. to the point you know where you stand from a Delivery perspective within maybe a ~2 week window.

I get that other Car Manufacturers have dire ETAs post-COVID so I won't complain too much...but the situation with Tesla means we have no idea of build pipeline or even factory of origin...All I know is that I could have a new car in 5 weeks, 17 weeks or even later depending on which way the wind blows.

Frustrating.

Do tell? It's quite difficult to find some RHD accessories down under, especially good ones.
(or is there any accessories thread here in UK section)
Not sure pal, I'll be ordering some deep shag ones from here ( I hate the idea of plastic/rubber types in anything other than a van)

I'm not sure if this helps you over in Oz though.... 👍

I've already got the boot boxes, cup holder off the Tesla list. Pretty sure there's something else but it's that long ago since I bought them I can't remember 🙄 I shall have do some mooching around 😁

Last edited:
Not sure pal, I'll be ordering some deep shag ones from here ( I hate the idea of plastic/rubber types in anything other than a van)

I'm not sure if this helps you over in Oz though.... 👍

I've already got the boot boxes, cup holder off the Tesla list. Pretty sure there's something else but it's that long ago since I bought them I can't remember 🙄 I shall have do some mooching around 😁
Hahah I already have the boot boxes, centre console shelf things, frunk liner, Tesla key 😂

Reactions: AndyWarrington
Hahah I already have the boot boxes, centre console shelf things, frunk liner, Tesla key 😂
That was it! The centre console trays - I have those! Don't think I'll go for the key though. Depends if I lose a card then maybe lol
I will be looking for a flexible boot liner to fit the Y too - not sure if anyone has any suggestions for this? I don't want the hard rubber mat.
👍

Reactions: daveface
That was it! The centre console trays - I have those! Don't think I'll go for the key though. Depends if I lose a card then maybe lol
I will be looking for a flexible boot liner to fit the Y too - not sure if anyone has any suggestions for this? I don't want the hard rubber mat.
👍
I only really went for the key as I find the card is just a faff and for reasons I don’t want to use my phone as a key, so a real key it was!

I will be looking for a boot mat too so I will let you know if i find anything suitable

Does anyone have any experience of ordering a Tesla via Octopus EV? I've had a MYP on Order since early July (Red, Black Interior, Enhanced Autopilot) which has a vague November to January EDD...I'd love to get a better indication than that or at least a little more transparency!

It is mad how Tesla operate. Other cars I've purchased new (mostly German) have had a fairly nailed-on 'Build Week' from which you can fairly accurately extrapolate logistics and registration etc. to the point you know where you stand from a Delivery perspective within maybe a ~2 week window.

I get that other Car Manufacturers have dire ETAs post-COVID so I won't complain too much...but the situation with Tesla means we have no idea of build pipeline or even factory of origin...All I know is that I could have a new car in 5 weeks, 17 weeks or even later depending on which way the wind blows.

Frustrating.
I ordered via Octopus in Jan (MYP grey, black interior, no extras). I chased them the other day and they said:

“I have chased this up with the Tesla team today, and they have confirmed that your car is estimated to be delivered for the next delivery window in November/December.”

This ties in with the EDD others have recently mentioned, so fingers crossed.

From what I’ve heard, Tesla are aiming to fulfill all UK MYP 2021 and early 2022 orders this year, and everything else early next year.

I signed up to Octopus Go when I placed my order and at this rate it looks like I might be lucky to make use of cheap overnight charging for a few weeks before the tariff expires!

Who knows!
My gut feeling is there will be MYP's on the roads over here by the end of Nov - only question is who will be getting them!

Which reminds me, I need to order the car mats I fancy 😁
I’d like to think I will be getting one mid Nov 🤞🏻 No VINS yet Tesla told me today but looking very good. Last minute decided to do a trade in and got a valuation around 2k more than Motorway. Getting to Staines was always going to be a stinker !

I’d like to think I will be getting one mid Nov 🤞🏻 No VINS yet Tesla told me today but looking very good. Last minute decided to do a trade in and got a valuation around 2k more than Motorway. Getting to Staines was always going to be a stinker !
Ditto on the mid Nov, expectation levels are rising here! (All set up for the enivatble fall!)

I only really went for the key as I find the card is just a faff and for reasons I don’t want to use my phone as a key, so a real key it was!

I will be looking for a boot mat too so I will let you know if i find anything suitable
A bit pricey but I found this earlier for boot liner. Might just be the one for me

👍

If anyone's like me and looking for further bits n bobs to add to the car I've (only just) come across this thread which may help 🤷‍♂️

If anyone knows of other threads please let me know
(any excuse to blow some more hard earned (honest) cash on probably irrelevant tat!) 👌

Reactions: sliyk and drumkills
In five years of Model X ownership, the only accessory I bought was a little metal frame thingy for the key so I'd be less likely to close the boot on my head :)

I'm tempted to get some of those S3XY buttons and maybe a mini display for the Model Y, although that's mostly to get around what I consider to be deficiencies in the user experience. I've never really thought that much about all the things you folks are looking at! Are there any that you consider must-haves?

Last edited:
with all the excitement of dates approaching, has anyone checked insurance quotes? I checked for MYP without registration dates and getting £1500+ on confused and money super market showing nothing below 2200.

Living in outer west London.