Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah the weekly Wednesday email saying the update is…there is no update. Went through that when I got my M3P
I'd love a Wednesday email - never had one!!

I did speak to NHS Fleet today asking if I could change my order to a LR as there are some due soon and they are cheaper. The agent was not keen to let me do that as he said the P is "probably in stock now and due for delivery". When I challenged that statement (as Tesla and various forums conclude that none have even left China yet) he has gone away to investigate with the lease company as he stated they were still expecting deliveries to customers in November and had not been told otherwise - admittedly NHSF don't really have a clue when it comes to Tesla orders but the plot thickens (a little).

Could our cars be amongst this batch? 🤔

Guy at Tesla I spoke to this week said all MYP to UK are coming from Berlin and only MYRW/LR are Shangai.

Reactions: Sanjiv
Guy at Tesla I spoke to this week said all MYP to UK are coming from Berlin and only MYRW/LR are Shangai.

That used to be the story, I think it’s not so certain now as China are definitely making RHD Ps for Australia, and Berlin are still fairly restricted

I spoke with a gentleman at Dartford SC yesterday about my MYP who advised cars from Berlin are now a long way out and the MYPs are now coming from Shanghai.

Shanghai do make MYP for other markets, so it would make sense to make them for the UK if Berlin is slow ramping.

If you have a text from the Tesla with an RN number they can update you on timings. I have a company scheme one too very much like the NHS.
I wish, nothing received from Fleet or Tesla, just constantly fobbed off. Makes it very hard to plan as I have a short term lease currently (rolling 89 days) and I need to have a rough idea when to terminate otherwise I will end up paying for 2 cars for a while.

I wish, nothing received from Fleet or Tesla, just constantly fobbed off. Makes it very hard to plan as I have a short term lease currently (rolling 89 days) and I need to have a rough idea when to terminate otherwise I will end up paying for 2 cars for a while.
I have a hyundai Kona from cazoo which I'm posting£630 for and have no idea when to give my 30 days notice

Does anyone know if the spec (namely the suspension) from Shanghai is the same as the one from Berlin? I've heard that the MYPs suspension from Berlin is less harsh...
This has been discussed a lot, it's subjective so responses won't really matter

My 2p's worth - I expect they're built to the same spec so no difference, no matter what some YouTuber's spout out for the sake of views.

I paused my order until January but they have been on the phone again and emailing to complete my order, last 3 folks have confirmed MIC.
So there could well be an unallocated MYP Blue/Black on its way if anyone wants to call Tesla Newcastle

best regards

As I had always had a keen eye on the MYP, I have been following this thread with anticipation of its arrival here in the UK! I noticed a few people on here are not aware of the processes tesla has, so my post here might help some of you who are new to tesla's unique buying approach. The way they work is a mystery in itself and the waiting game is a real patience test. My hat goes off to you guys, I personally didn't have the patience and settled for the LR+AB!

In my case, my EDD, as with everyone else's, kept on moving and some (mine included) were rolled onto the next Q. I was pretty annoyed at being rolled over and not being allocated a VIN (having sold my model 3 in preparation for the Y with the original EDD). I'd highly recommend completing all tasks (and if you can) and paying the money asap to save your spot on the boat or be considered for cancellations at the end of the Q rush. Confirm with them to see if there is anything else outstanding. If for whatever reason you get pushed back by the system and rolled onto the next boatload, speak with them to let them know you're paid, ready, and waiting! In my case, as I had paid up and expressed I could be flexible as need be, I discovered Tesla had a 'hidden list' and I was able to get into a car for that Q, contrary to what they previously advised of "no chance of a delivery this Q, it will certainly be next Q"!

It might help keep your 'spot' or get you into a car this side of the year - if they do eventually deliver them!

I hope this helps someone and we can see the MYP's hitting our streets soon :)