Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m a day one order . So just happy to get the car in the latest spec they are making it in and start enjoying it.
I’m sure the vision cameras being way more powerful than the sensor cars will work just fine.
If in a years time there is a new colour, 4680, structural pack , stalks changed to steering wheel, and I fancy all of that , these cars hold value so we’ll probably won’t be more than 5/6 k to part x for a new one .

Hmm... I'm not keen on that change, and I'm glad that you reminded us of it. It's a factor weighing against my plan of deferring a MYP. If I don't take one now, chances are whatever MYP I might get in the future will have buttons instead of stalks.

I think I saw that you ordered the car for less than the price that it is now?

Have the car delivered, if you don’t like it, sell it to someone who does and make a couple of grand to put to a car you do like.

I’m not sure why you’d bother deferring, just order it again in the future when it has the feature set you actually want.

Have the car delivered, if you don’t like it, sell it to someone who does and make a couple of grand to put to a car you do like.

That's a fair point. I think I'd assumed that just taking ownership of it would reduce the value by a few grand, so I'd be unlikely to make any money on it. Are there any examples of others doing the same successfully?

Current price for an equivalent is apparently £75,680.

Screenshot 2022-10-22 at 10.15.08.png

That's a fair point. I think I'd assumed that just taking ownership of it would reduce the value by a few grand, so I'd be unlikely to make any money on it. Are there any examples of others doing the same successfully?
There’s an MYP on AutoTrader for 80k. It will sell at that price.
There’s MYLRs on for near the price of an MYP.

I’m not saying you should price gouge, but you will definitely be able to sell it for the current MYP price.

Soooo I I'm probably the most indecisive person on here...but I have just changed the colour of my order ... again 🤣 I have changed it from Black to Deep Blue Metallic. Although I think the black looks mega, the upkeep of a black car and looking at the scratch's and marks on my wife's car was too much to bare hahaha, also my last car and my current subscription car are both Grey/Dark silver so I didn't want that again and I refuse to pay another £1100 for Red ... So blue it is, which from seeing a M3P in blue and a MY LR in Blue with the 20" wheels I think it looks great.... (for now 😂🤣 )

No Change in price, but the chap couldn't confirm if it would push out bring forward or changed my EDD ... so we shall see. Either way I had no VIN and I was still looking at December 10 - 26th. Watch this space!

Reactions: Sanjiv
Soooo I I'm probably the most indecisive person on here...but I have just changed the colour of my order ... again 🤣 I have changed it from Black to Deep Blue Metallic. Although I think the black looks mega, the upkeep of a black car and looking at the scratch's and marks on my wife's car was too much to bare hahaha, also my last car and my current subscription car are both Grey/Dark silver so I didn't want that again and I refuse to pay another £1100 for Red ... So blue it is, which from seeing a M3P in blue and a MY LR in Blue with the 20" wheels I think it looks great.... (for now 😂🤣 )

No Change in price, but the chap couldn't confirm if it would push out bring forward or changed my EDD ... so we shall see. Either way I had no VIN and I was still looking at December 10 - 26th. Watch this space!
A scratch is a scratch, once you know its there you'll always know, regardless of the colour. No one else will give a hoot! And to be fair in the early months of ownership who's not going to be cleaning their cars regularly anyway 🤔
The Black looks immense imo...

Reactions: Shirgman1
A scratch is a scratch, once you know its there you'll always know, regardless of the colour. No one else will give a hoot! And to be fair in the early months of ownership who's not going to be cleaning their cars regularly anyway 🤔
The Black looks immense imo...
It does look amazing, but my ocd would be to much and knowing it was there would absolutely do my head in. To be honest it has bugging me ever since I changed from white to black, so I just decided to settle and change again.

Although I can’t wait to see the black ones when they start to arrive. (Soon hopefully)

Curious - those that see a VIN….

Do you see your VIN via mobile or only google/chrome extension ?

Have you paid your deposit yet ?
VIN visible on desktop using Chrome extension. (not on iOS app). Only paid reservation fee(£100) at time of ordering (Day 1).

My Tesla account says "Next Steps: we are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment" So I'm going to wait until they contact me before paying for the car.

Reactions: AndyWarrington