Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after moaning about the trim and PPF bubbles had a really good look at paint earlier this evening under some really good 60k lumen top and side angle lighting in garage that shows up smallest stuff.

Cleaned it first with snow foam, iron fallout remover (virtually 0 on it from transport) and give it a good inspection.

I have to say amazed at the quality. 0 defects, marring and only the odd faint swirl (had to really look for them).

Bravo to the paint shop in China blows away anything we’ve had from any of German brands, Italian brands etc.

Also every single panel gap almost spot on, got the feller gauges out like a lunatic.

Saves me allot of paint correction!

Last edited:
So after moaning about the trim and PPF bubbles had a really good look at paint earlier this evening under some really good 60k lumen top and side angle lighting in garage that shows up smallest stuff.

Cleaned it first with snow foam, iron fallout remover (virtually 0 on it from transport) and give it a good inspection.

I have to say amazed at the quality. 0 defects, marring and only the odd faint swirl (had to really look for them).

Bravo to the paint shop in China blows away anything we’ve had from any of German brands, Italian brands etc.

Also every single panel gap almost spot on, got the feller gauges out like a lunatic.

That chimes with the comments I got from the detailers who did the ceramic coat on mine - said the paint quality was as good as anything they see coming from Germany and better than some other high end marques they see.

Glad you’re feeling better!

Reactions: RafP
After all the excitement of yesterdays pickup i completely forgot to ask the reps as the pickup about the V5 documents. Are these going to be posted or do i have to do something?
I would assume as per any new car collection. It will have been registered to you and your address so you will probably get it in the post in 5-10 days pending strikes I guess

I placed the order via the lease co. Once all the paperwork was signed I received a text from Tesla with my RN number. Then 10 months of nothing, then a flurry of texts from Tesla confirming delivery date & reg 2 weeks before delivery.

The lease co always said Tesla would contact me directly with updates and they wouldn’t get any additional info from Tesla.

On delivery day I got a text from anyvan with a time slot. After signing the delivery driver’s tablet I received an email from Tesla about an hour later to sign their delivery acceptance form. I believe that starts the process of registering the car to my app.

I’ve had nothing showing in the app since day one so it’ll be nice to see it come to life.

Just been out for a quick blast in the dark. Feels swift! Only thing I changed was to turn off auto high beam as it was blinding all the pedestrians. Not too keen on the new car smell inside, shame they don’t spray an air freshener to cover the plastic/pleather smell as they’re unloaded at the docks.
I had the exact same process.

Delivery was Friday night, and I think I had app access on Saturday night, and the Premium Connectivity trial started Sunday night.