Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a 9 hour round trip I managed to get my originally allocated vehicle from Bristol.

I noticed, as others have mentioned, vibration / feedback when driving above 60 or so. Has anyone else whose experienced this found a resolution? I've seen some people mentioned whele balancing, did that fix the issue?
I have booked it in for wheel balancing in early January as I specifically noticed a lot of vibration and feedback from the wheel at high speeds.

Reactions: daveface
Picked mine up from Southampton today (got there early) and was seen almost straight away. Took me to my car and got my phone key working then left me to it (which I'm far less fussed about than others). It had rained the night before so inspecting paintwork was a nightmare, and sure enough having 'air dried' it on the M3 I've found two chips on the bonnet. It's a pain, but all sorted with an appointment to get it done at a service centre very efficiently. What does infuriate me is that the 'clean' of the car was obviously poor, with swirly cloudy marks on one side and product left in spots, plus, given lots of people seem to experience the need for repairs for scratches and marks, how is it so hard for Tesla to treat their cars more carefully?

As for the MYP, love it. The speed and handling feel spot on when comparing it to other sporty 4x4's I've had (Macan, Velar). Didn't have an issue with the ride at all. And thank god for Apple Music. Tesla - please learn the art of touchiness cleaning!
I think you may find the cloudy, swirly marks are an attempt at machine polishing scratches out. My Southampton pick up also had this in one spot and you could see a remnant of a scratch. Get it booked in with service for them to do it properly.
After a 9 hour round trip I managed to get my originally allocated vehicle from Bristol.

I noticed, as others have mentioned, vibration / feedback when driving above 60 or so. Has anyone else whose experienced this found a resolution? I've seen some people mentioned whele balancing, did that fix the issue?
I booked a service appt for my vibrations, they said the rear wheels each needed another 10g of weight. The drive home did feel better but not completely gone. The tyres may be at issue here too as the chap said they are very blocky from new and take a little bedding in.

Mine was quite bad and service balanced the wheels, aparently every wheel was out and took 5-10 grams more. Its much better now. Wherever the wheels/tyres are originally being built it looks like their balancing machine is out or not rechecked after adding weight. I also notice on my wheels the tyres don't appear to be fitted onto the rims where they should be, the red dot on the tyre indicates where the valve should go, none of mine have the valve where the red dots are and thus have a lot of weight added to the rims in some places. Poor from the factory I am afraid..

Last edited:
Couple more pics now I have given it a quick wash. Service appointment also booked for early January for a bubble in the PPF and to hopefully fix the vibration with a balance!

Also added the vent covers, screen protector, boot mat, draw shelf’s 👍

Attachments

• A64C3054-B58F-47B8-A9A7-7D115D491BA6.jpeg
    A64C3054-B58F-47B8-A9A7-7D115D491BA6.jpeg
    749.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 1ABAD9E4-D3F6-4699-951A-5757ADD0F620.jpeg
    1ABAD9E4-D3F6-4699-951A-5757ADD0F620.jpeg
    783.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 54518F17-2200-49F3-A2B5-CC8EAAC57B1A.jpeg
    54518F17-2200-49F3-A2B5-CC8EAAC57B1A.jpeg
    699.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 5FE449D8-852A-4118-81A0-842DB291CF4C.jpeg
    5FE449D8-852A-4118-81A0-842DB291CF4C.jpeg
    555.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 7D43FDE2-DEBF-4A6F-8DEA-9FA20F2022D4.jpeg
    7D43FDE2-DEBF-4A6F-8DEA-9FA20F2022D4.jpeg
    566.7 KB · Views: 53
  • CEF0A9AA-6472-4D4D-ACEC-075476648B52.jpeg
    CEF0A9AA-6472-4D4D-ACEC-075476648B52.jpeg
    1,000.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 03A64E6B-1EBA-4474-8AA3-070371881A2F.jpeg
    03A64E6B-1EBA-4474-8AA3-070371881A2F.jpeg
    852.3 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: Sanjiv and Ausy
Just had mine looked at for the vibration. He said the tyres were slightly over inflated and 3 of the wheels needed balancing albeit not by a massive amount. Went out for a drive and it still feels like it vibrates a bit, but I'm just gonna leave it and see how it goes. He said vibration stuff is usually under warranty anyway so there's no real immediate time constraint on it.

What software version is everyone running? I thought mine was old but apparent it's right. 2022.28.5

Just had mine looked at for the vibration. He said the tyres were slightly over inflated and 3 of the wheels needed balancing albeit not by a massive amount. Went out for a drive and it still feels like it vibrates a bit, but I'm just gonna leave it and see how it goes. He said vibration stuff is usually under warranty anyway so there's no real immediate time constraint on it.

What software version is everyone running? I thought mine was old but apparent it's right. 2022.28.5
Good to know, I’m having mine looked at the the 28th.

Mine did an update from 2022.28.5 to 2022.44.25.3 as soon as I got home. So you should have one available ?

Yeah I toggled it onto advanced as soon as I got it. Wonder if my WiFi to the car isn't quite strong enough to remain connected. I'll have a play!
Car wifi not the strongest for reception.

Locate the passenger wing mirror within about 6-10ft of the router and you should be good.

I've parked mine on the front lawn under our bay window before to get signal :)

I got mine tuesday and took it on a 250 mile round trip to see my parents.

Saw another P in black at Grantham Services on charge today, don't know if that was one of you guys.

I did notice that he didn't have the little green things on the rims. I don't know if they are supposed to come off or not but mine has them and his doesn't.

Anyway, car seems all good. No rattles, no scratches that I have seen, no vibration, however....

Their drivers window will not wind up properly. You have to ease it up bit by bit. Service appointment booked.

In terms of other thoughts, the front sensors are deffo being missed. I have no idea how long the front of the car is and there is no help what so ever without the front sensors, seems a bit of a shame. Fair amount of phantom breaking on the very long A1 drive but not enough that I wanted to stop using AP.

The ride is very firm but I have looked and my tires are at 45psi rather than the recommended 42 so I think a bit of air out should aid that a fair bit.

Anyone noticed a big difference taking some air out?

Edit:
Haha, I have looked and they say to peel them off - I like them on they look great. Does it peel a plastic sheet off the whole wheel?

Last edited:
I picked up mine the other day from Staines. I must say the collection process was quite interesting - went in to sort the paper work out and from there it was pretty much “your cars parked in that bay - enjoy!” They were really busy so I’m assuming that’s why someone didn’t come and give me a hand with the initial setup. I didn’t really mind though the video tutorials on the website are pretty good.

So went and inspected the vehicle and to my surprise it was littered with scratches and watermarks. I counted at least 7-8. Went back into reception and explained the situation so they got one of the polishers on site to go around removing scratches. As they were doing this I kept finding new ones which the young lady was happily taking out. Annoying but once this was done I was happy and off I went (seriously though Tesla - based on the comments here you need to work on car prep).

In terms of the car I absolutely love it. It’s my first EV and I definitely still have a lot to learn but my initial thoughts are mainly all positive. Boy is this one quick car! In sport mode you put your foot down and it just flies. Love the look and simplicity, YouTube and Netflix on the screen, range, control functions from the app, white interior looks amazing, alloys, and I’m really happy with the sound system! It’s feels very futuristic which I love as I’m a bit of a tech nerd.

My main criticism would be that it probably isn’t the smoothest drive. I can definitely feel bumps and imperfections on the road - I was expecting it to be much smoother. Im a bit hesitant to swing it around corners as I don’t know how well it will handle? My brother has the BMW iX and that drives significantly better. Also the parking sensors situation is a major blow but I’m hoping the camera update will sort that so trying not to focus too much on that yet.

In my opinion the positives outweigh the negatives and I’m extremely happy with my purchase. I look forward to learning a lot more about this car and my next step is to get some cool accessories. If anyone has any recommendations please do let me know!
A99552A0-AF58-4575-94AF-C2F2082B0BF1.jpeg

Picked mine up today from BC. Didn't start very well as I left early and 30 minutes into journey I get a call to say my car didn't make it to BC but they will find another.. Different VIN, same Plate.. i get there, they have a car, the insurance is fine, finance not so much (Diff VIN). Turns out finance are ok with it but Tesla wouldn't take my word for it so had to find someone senior, 3 days before Christmas, to email them to say they were ok with it.. Luckily got that out of the way. Finally got to my car which had the wrong plates on it. After a bit more waiting, get the plates added and as I'm leaving, told that as I've taken one of the "inventory" cars, I got a discount..

Now just need to work out how to get the discount value back from Tesla as the finance company, if they take it, will have to cancel the whole deal and do it again, with a much higher interest rate. :(

Drove it home, had 20% left, nipped out to the nearby supercharger and SuC'd it from 18 to 80% in no time, the noise the SuC made was quite scary but it was pumping in >500 miles an hour at one point!! That was rather cool. I was going to walk to a nearby shop but it was too dark so sat in the car and watched half an episode of Jack Ryan on Prime then it was done.. Now home and plugged in to the granny to get it up to 100% for christmas.

It's a great car to drive. My last car was an M4 Comp and I enjoy driving this just as much so far but the tech is out of this world.. The only thing I really wish it had was a heads up display. That seems to be a big miss on these cars for the money..

Reactions: boombap
Collection from Brent Cross this evening was way smoother than when I picked up my 3 from the same place back in early 2020.

Beyond the 10 minute wait for someone to deal with me in the portacabin there was no delay at all, I was trading in the 3 and a bit apprehensive about that but they didn’t even bother to look at the old car, just took the keys and V5C and and final mileage reading from the app and that was that.

She’s a beaut. Besides a couple bubbles in the PPF I haven’t found anything to moan about. The heated steering wheel was a nice surprise I’d totally forgotten was a thing. Lack of USS not an issue so far, actually have appreciated not having the beeps when I’m trying to concentrate and the rear camera is way better quality that the old one, even with a bunch of crap up the back in the wet it was still fine to park with.

Gotta say I’m kinda surprised just how different it feels to the 3, I knew it’d be bigger but it’s like a tardis on the inside. Suspension is way better, hard to describe how much more solid the car feels - things like going over one of those bolted down plastic speed bumps at an angle make you notice just how much more solid the whole car is, maybe it’s in my head but it seems to flex much less. Maybe that’s the big ****-off casting in the back at work, who knows. Pleasantly surprised by the driving dynamics, noticed maybe a little more understeer in the corners than the 3 but beyond that it feels mostly the same but a little better to drive somehow.

Had an hour long 15 mile drive back through London rush hour traffic, noticed a couple of sketchy moments where rough roads and new tyres led to what felt like the wheels scrambling for grip under braking but nothing too dramatic and that seemed to go away toward the end of the drive.

I definitely now have rim anxiety, I’m sure I’ll get over that. I kerbed 3 wheels on the first couple months of owning my 3 and then nothing for 2 years so hopefully I‘be figured out where the corners are now what with this being roughly the same size.

Gotta say it’s been worth the wait. Wish we had the dark cherry red colour available, but I‘ll get that on the next one…

Just now trying to get the holiday update to download now so I don’t have to go back to streaming Apple Music phone my phone like some kind of peasant.

Collection appointment booked for the 23rd! - I spoke to them via chat to see if there was any progress (as I'm going to need a lift down there) and they offered me an appointment :)

Just waiting on the reg and the final invoice, so I can send them the cash
Where is the chat option you speak of? Our MYP was in transit to BC this morning from Southampton, so was hoping might have had a notification by now but would like to pester them by chat :)