Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you may find the cloudy, swirly marks are an attempt at machine polishing scratches out. My Southampton pick up also had this in one spot and you could see a remnant of a scratch. Get it booked in with service for them to do it properly.

I booked a service appt for my vibrations, they said the rear wheels each needed another 10g of weight. The drive home did feel better but not completely gone. The tyres may be at issue here too as the chap said they are very blocky from new and take a little bedding in.
I reaaalllly hope they got them out as I couldn’t see anything and I’m now over the 100 mile limit. Chips are booked in to be seen to in West Drayton. It’s staggering how many people are having issues.

I know this was discussed before but I couldn't find a definitive answer. Has anyone gone ahead and insured their alloys? Those things are sticking out of the tyres and begging to be scratched and it is only a matter of time.

Advice welcome regarding who did you go with?

Well I have had my MYP for 3 days now and done a few hundred miles, I had one of the early M3P previously and my initial observations comparing the 2 cars are;
MYP
Positives
  • Build quality is far superior
  • Ride position for me is great, far more like my previous X6's & X5's whilst retaining the sportiness
  • Ride quality is much better than early M3P
  • Interior trim is far superior
  • Seats have more bolster and feel much better, I used to move around to move in the M3P
  • Electric boot & boot space ++
Negatives
  • Lack of parking sensors
  • Rear view vision seems far more restricted (also doesn't help parking without sensors)
  • Wing mirror view isn't as good as the M3's
  • Rear camera position - seems to get dirtier quicker than the M3 and also water collects on the lens which impairs the view
  • Not quite as fast :p (but maybe that's a good thing)

Taking the above into consideration the MY is a far superior car in my humble opinion and am 10000% very very happy with it. The size of those 21" wheels and how they protrude makes it look like a beast.

Feel free to add and comment but if you are still waiting for your MYP I can't see anyway that you will be disappointed (just careful reversing!!)

I picked up mine the other day from Staines. I must say the collection process was quite interesting - went in to sort the paper work out and from there it was pretty much “your cars parked in that bay - enjoy!” They were really busy so I’m assuming that’s why someone didn’t come and give me a hand with the initial setup. I didn’t really mind though the video tutorials on the website are pretty good.

So went and inspected the vehicle and to my surprise it was littered with scratches and watermarks. I counted at least 7-8. Went back into reception and explained the situation so they got one of the polishers on site to go around removing scratches. As they were doing this I kept finding new ones which the young lady was happily taking out. Annoying but once this was done I was happy and off I went (seriously though Tesla - based on the comments here you need to work on car prep).

In terms of the car I absolutely love it. It’s my first EV and I definitely still have a lot to learn but my initial thoughts are mainly all positive. Boy is this one quick car! In sport mode you put your foot down and it just flies. Love the look and simplicity, YouTube and Netflix on the screen, range, control functions from the app, white interior looks amazing, alloys, and I’m really happy with the sound system! It’s feels very futuristic which I love as I’m a bit of a tech nerd.

My main criticism would be that it probably isn’t the smoothest drive. I can definitely feel bumps and imperfections on the road - I was expecting it to be much smoother. Im a bit hesitant to swing it around corners as I don’t know how well it will handle? My brother has the BMW iX and that drives significantly better. Also the parking sensors situation is a major blow but I’m hoping the camera update will sort that so trying not to focus too much on that yet.

In my opinion the positives outweigh the negatives and I’m extremely happy with my purchase. I look forward to learning a lot more about this car and my next step is to get some cool accessories. If anyone has any recommendations please do let me know!
View attachment 888027
I also picked up Black/White from Staines this week. I've since noticed very small scratches and a tiny air bubble in PPF but I've now done over 100 miles. Does anyone know if I can still get it sorted as within 7 days?

I know when I collected mine it was covered in frost so couldn’t check properly and was over the 100 mile limit but when I spoke to them on chat they added it to the service ticket. The bubbles in the ppf will be rectified fine though as they were clearly done pre delivery.

I know this was discussed before but I couldn't find a definitive answer. Has anyone gone ahead and insured their alloys? Those things are sticking out of the tyres and begging to be scratched and it is only a matter of time.

Advice welcome regarding who did you go with?
I've got mine insured with ALA. I've also taken the scuff and dent, GAP and Excess Insurance too. I believe you can use MSE25 for a discount too.

Reactions: sliyk
Collected yesterday from Trafford Centre.

Pick up was a breeze, car was in my app within 5 minutes 😎

Car is awesome, so quick, so simple and build quality is fantastic.

Also saw a fellow MM72 Reg MYP near Bangor North Wales yesterday if you’re on here?

Few photos. Terrible weather! Already added fog light stickers, bottom lip wrap and carbon dash. Should come like this standard IMO… Going to do the mirror caps black too.

7C212C04-211B-498A-8701-519140D32C25.jpeg

14856ADA-0B67-4F51-A6B5-2C5707290867.jpeg

16F742A3-E0C4-4D53-BDEF-F637DA3E44AD.jpeg

ECCF660A-BD55-4396-A048-7BA12CDA64CF.jpeg

Been trying to get hold of Tesla all day but the hold wait is insane! The car was showing as moving between Southampton and Brent cross yesterday, what do people think the chances are that I'll be able to pick it up today or tomorrow if I can actually get through?

69768B46-BF73-488E-BD03-4BC85167B172.jpeg
Collected just before 12 today, couldn’t see much visually wrong with it, although was pretty filthy with water marks etc.. hopefully that’s a good sign that it hasn’t been washed - I’ll clean it tomorrow and see what the paint looks like, I’m on less than 50 miles, so plenty of time to get anything booked in if needed.

Had a weird whistling sound on the way home at certain points, don’t know if that’s window calibration or something else, also needs the wheels balancing (vibrates a bit over 70), so I’ll get the service centre to sort both.

Amazed how much better the build quality is now compared to my 2019 M3P, good to see the refinement continue.

Congrats! Hello fello beds MYP owner :)
View attachment 888256Collected just before 12 today, couldn’t see much visually wrong with it, although was pretty filthy with water marks etc.. hopefully that’s a good sign that it hasn’t been washed - I’ll clean it tomorrow and see what the paint looks like, I’m on less than 50 miles, so plenty of time to get anything booked in if needed.

Had a weird whistling sound on the way home at certain points, don’t know if that’s window calibration or something else, also needs the wheels balancing (vibrates a bit over 70), so I’ll get the service centre to sort both.

Amazed how much better the build quality is now compared to my 2019 M3P, good to see the refinement continue.

Reactions: DaveW
Been trying to get hold of Tesla all day but the hold wait is insane! The car was showing as moving between Southampton and Brent cross yesterday, what do people think the chances are that I'll be able to pick it up today or tomorrow if I can actually get through?
They had two lorry loads of cars arrive today whilst I was there.

See if you can chat to them via the inventory page on a desktop browser, that’s how I sorted out my collection.

Reactions: boombap
Odd one just now, the drivers window one touch seems to be having an issue. Touch it for the window to go up, goes up a little then bounces back down over and over. Only way to get the window to go all the way up is to hold the switch! Guess I will add that to the service list 🤦‍♂️
Mine is doing the same. I can’t remember if it was doing it before the software update but it was definitely doing it last night when I went to the superchargers.. Let me know what they say!

Reactions: daveface
Mine is doing the same. I can’t remember if it was doing it before the software update but it was definitely doing it last night when I went to the superchargers.. Let me know what they say!

Theres a calibrate windows option in the service menu, probably worth trying before pestering Tesla with it if it’s a possible DIY fix. And if it doesn’t fix it, you can tell Tesla you’ve tried which should move the discussion on.

It’s really odd, I left the car while we had a Wagamama, then once I was home it was working perfectly 🤷‍♂️ god knows maybe the car went to sleep and reset something ….