Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a disaster, fell for it again...after waiting more than a year, all the hype.. I very nearly kept my model s before commiting to the new MYP, something in my gut was saying you dont need it ya mug, but I couldn't help myself...

All I can say its left a very very bad taste in my mouth, hard earnt money burnt like that is a terrible feeling. On a brighter note my house went up £75k in the last few years. Waiting for that to go tits up now 🤣

@Tesla :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
The hype got me too!

I don't want to but faults I had were fixed (for now) and I am unsure if anything can be done, and on what basis.

Life is full of good times and bad times, this feels bad for a while.. in a financial sense.
Your right
End of the day it’s just a car
I will keep twisting the knife with tesla but I won’t say anymore on here about it.
I still love the car!
And I won’t be selling for years!

I was just about to buy a rear screen for the back seats 😂

Has anyone with a lease on this spoken to their provider regarding the USS, out of interest? My lease provider still has the car listed as coming with them on their website. Given that I had no notification about the USS I wonder what the response would be.

When I had to refuse my delivery date of 27th of Dec because I was on annual leave for 4 weeks I didn’t realise until Friday that I’d end up with a cheaper car. Had a email saying I will get a new order confirmation with an adjusted price. Nice gift from Santa. Feel for everything who’s taken delivery during December to be hit with this.

It’s one of the downsides of Tesla, the specs, prices etc go up and down like the Moon and the Sun. At the end of the day the prices will rise again and the figures work out. It could be worse, you could be driving a Polestar.

Still a great car thats for sure, Im just reading the hype starting in the model s/x forum, delivery emails etc. They need to wait untill the boats dock, wait another 6 weeks and bingo, £30k off and supercharger miles.. :)
Welcome to the club. None of this is new really - ask Model S and X owners they've been shafted even harder in the past. Tesla are not Porsche - they don't give a fart about residuals, they care about transitioning as many people away from ICE into BEV as they can in the shortest possible time.

Sorry this isn't really helpful or "advice", but maybe it will make you feel less individually attacked, because the people on this forum who were singing from the rooftops ~ 6- 12 mo. ago about their ridiculous trade in prices or making a "profit" are now facing the same problem as the vast majority of them traded into new MY / M3.

Don't forget cars are an expense, it's golden goose *sugar* if you come out even at the end of any ownership period, let alone on top. Enjoy the car to the fullest. Loads of people have taken baths on cars over and post-covid, just as used dealers are also experiencing now.

P.S. if residuals really keep you up at night - getting in on a lease at the right time might help you sleep better.

Reactions: Considered1
P.S. if residuals really keep you up at night - getting in on a lease at the right time might help you sleep better.
Gave up worrying about residules years ago. Below are my previous cars and the money involved. Im over it already.... New cars are a money pit, but if you are aware of that then just enjoy them like I do.

Used Audi TT £19000 - Sold £13000 owned 13 months
Used Audi A7 £41,000 - Sold £22,000 owned 18 months
New Audi A7 £63.000 - Sold £26,000 owned 4 years
New Model S 75D £85,000 - Sold £35000 owned 4.5 years
New Model Y P £67900 - TBA

Keep smiling :)

Gave up worrying about residules years ago. Below are my previous cars and the money involved. Im over it already.... New cars are a money pit, but if you are aware of that then just enjoy them like I do.

Used Audi TT £19000 - Sold £13000 owned 13 months
Used Audi A7 £41,000 - Sold £22,000 owned 18 months
New Audi A7 £63.000 - Sold £26,000 owned 4 years
New Model S 75D £85,000 - Sold £35000 owned 4.5 years
New Model Y P £67900 - TBA

Keep smiling :)
Which was your favourite?

Not sure if anyone has had any communication back from Tesla, but I sent an email last Friday and just had a call from them today. (Part of my email was a reimbursement of public transport costs because I had to go collect my car because they fluffed up the delivery).

I asked about the price reduction etc and after clarifying with the guy a few times, the bottom line is if you're out of the 14 day cooling off period, it's tough luck. I even used those words to him and he said yes sadly. They themselves only found out about it when it was announced apparently.

FB83D1B5-6255-45AC-B847-1FED43F0E07D.jpeg

1) Maybe try Twitter as an escalation route? 🤔

2) Anyone else think that Emma at ”Customer Resolutions” sounds very much like a bot?

3) The multitude of factors presumably includes a calculated plan to maximise profits from those suckers (sorry loyal customers) who had cars on order, particularly those who had been waiting for their cars for ages, and then when Tesla had got them shifted, repricing the car to get a whole load of new suckers? Please don’t tell me that they didn’t have this price reset in process already when the UK cars hadn’t even arrived. This would have been in plan for months and it would have been a conscious decision to defer until after our deliveries.

4) I am still unsure whether the last minute deletion of USS and disablement of EAP/FSD features renders the car as defective from specification, particularly as it has safety implications. Would be good to understand whether anyone here has experience of this sort of thing from a regulatory or legal perspective?

I have lots of sympathy for people caught out by the price drop. I know I would be kicking myself, but that's because I normally blame myself for everything. As my sensei once said: "Everything that ever happens to you is your own fault. You could have made different choices that wouldn't have led you there."

Maybe try Twitter as an escalation route?

That sounds like an excellent way to get your account banned by Twitter's new chief moderator.

Anyone else think that Emma at ”Customer Resolutions” sounds very much like a bot?

No, I think she sounds like a professional who's stopped to think about the response and has probably had a few hundred of these enquiries. I think it's rather well-written, and it pulls no punches in saying that this is the end of the road.

This would have been in plan for months

I strongly disagree, although neither of us will ever know. The sales people never know anything until it's announced. There is very little evidence that Tesla make plans long in advance and stick to them, and there's plenty of evidence that they change things at the last moment in order to stay agile. Tesla strikes me as the sort of organisation in which people get into work in the morning, find out that their CEO stayed up too late on the Adderall and has sent a unilateral U-turn, and then spend the next hour headbutting the desk as they're the ones who'll need to clean up the mess.

Reactions: busterboy and MrT3
This was already happening in China, most folks had the option to hold off, I did but dont consider my self in anyway fortunate. Prices are back to 2021 levels, they may increase if order books fill up (again) which I think they will. All cars will and have been hit, before during and after this Friday13th. Cost of finance and residuals means its hardly any cheaper to pcp a model y LR or P for much less than before, If I had 60k to put down in cash Id accept it was money to waste on a car anyway, I'll be wasting far more than £7k in finance charges!.
They wont compensate you when prices go back up either.. At least on a Tesla forum less folks will tell me I shouldn't be looking at cars I cant afford to buy cash and I should save up like they did in 1974

This is the reply to my MYLR that come without USS, financed through Tesla and my notice to reject. I collected on 15 Dec and sent this on 14 Jan. Reason for rejection is no USS but I also mentioned the price reduction as an important factor. I have no idea if they will just dismiss my claim or if they will be happy to discuss options, but it is worth a go.

50037DE9-32BC-4DBE-9A50-91A50FC5B4B0.png

Reactions: Amrinder01