Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

mytesla page updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love the way those wheels look, but those are center lock wheels. I hope they can produce it in a 5-lug version. Otherwise I'm going to be a bit sad. I don't have any tools for dealing with center lock wheels.
I'm sure the lugs are hidden under a cover or since this is just a rendering, they missed that detail. No way a mainstream car is going to have centerlock wheels.

Reactions: Zoomit
I love the way those wheels look, but those are center lock wheels. I hope they can produce it in a 5-lug version. Otherwise I'm going to be a bit sad. I don't have any tools for dealing with center lock wheels.

I was thinking the same thing. I am not excited by the prospect of having to buy a massive torque wrench with a fancy bit just to change my summer and winter tires twice/year.

I wouldn't think those wheels would be stock. I would think a smaller diameter rim would be standard. I would prefer that - there are a LOT of potholes around these here parts!

Reactions: int32_t
Those are the real wheels (not CG). Here is from one of the MT pics. I think the spaces between the V spokes are large enough for lug nuts, and they are under the 5-spoke cap.
upload_2016-5-20_9-59-51.png

Those are the real wheels (not CG). Here is from one of the MT pics. I think the spaces between the V spokes are large enough for lug nuts, and they are under the 5-spoke cap.
View attachment 177380
Good picture. Pretty sure that black part in the center is a cover with the lugs underneath. Lots of manufacturers have done similar styles. Like I said earlier, I don't see a car such as the 3 and with its targeted market using centerlock wheels.

• Informative
Reactions: Topher
Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler