Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigate On Autopilot in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes south of Yass on the 'M'31 Hume there are heaps of driveways and crossroads which results in a cacophony of chimes going up and down as you pass them. Gets better around Colac where they built a proper freeway bypass but then reverts towards Gundagai and further south.

Yes, I have the same experiences also.

I also have issues with the car saying “Changing lane to follow route”, and wanting to move into the outside lane despite no traffic within range in front or behind and a straight section of road. At times I have to cancel this request four or five times repeatedly before it gives up.

All a bit puzzling.

I really wonder what role the maps / navigation data the car uses play in these issues. They can be hopelessly out of date, eg Nimmitabel on the Snowy Mountains Highway has had a 50km/hr limit for 5 years, car still thinks it is 60. So is the car thinking it is still on a single lane highway for some parts of the Hume (duplication finished 7 years ago).

I cannot recall which software version I was on (would have been from around 36.X or 40.X) but my NoA started failing to take the Eastlink Freeway off ramp to High Street Rd southbound where it had been successful pre-covid. I've tried this southbound off ramp about 5 times since (I live in this area) and it has failed every time. The last time I tried was on Tue 29/12 while on 48.26.

Good news is 2021.4.3 fixed the NoA Eastlink Freeway off ramp to High Street Rd southbound issue :). Can't do much other testing with the 5-day snap lockdown in VIC.

Reactions: Hairyman