Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation/GPS not working on brand new Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Di you get this Resolved? I had same issue with my S and it was fixed by replacing the GPS antenna. Of course, they had to fix it a 2nd time because the connection was loose. But everything working fine now. See my thread in the S forum:

Yes, I got it back yesterday! Turns out they needed to replace the whole computer. They check the harness for the computer, but I guess it was the computer itself. It's working great now. Super snappy and GPS is solid. Hoping it that way for years to come!

Reactions: f308gt4
Yeah it was fixed. I returned the car to the service centre after 2 days and it took them a further 10 days to fix the issue. They claimed they hadn’t ever seen the issue, so took quite a bit of diagnostics. They replaced the entire computer board and wiring harness, as apparently it was a faulty connection. No issues since with the GPS.

Yeah it was fixed. I returned the car to the service centre after 2 days and it took them a further 10 days to fix the issue. They claimed they hadn’t ever seen the issue, so took quite a bit of diagnostics. They replaced the entire computer board and wiring harness, as apparently it was a faulty connection. No issues since with the GPS.
What is that excuse "...They [Tesla] never seen it..."? See my colorful experience with the same problem and the ultimate solution (replace it all) as detailed in the sections above #24,26,29,31,37,38,39

I am having same issue. Just started yesterday. After i started driving i noticed that my high beams were on. I tried all suggestions from this forum except 12V disconnect hard reset, and nothing. I requested apt through the tesla app and they gave me first mobile thing, but now they switched it to visit to the service center and it will only happen on Dec 5... MY is really hard to drive in reverse without cameras since back visibility is terrible....

I am having same issue. Just started yesterday. After i started driving i noticed that my high beams were on. I tried all suggestions from this forum except 12V disconnect hard reset, and nothing. I requested apt through the tesla app and they gave me first mobile thing, but now they switched it to visit to the service center and it will only happen on Dec 5... MY is really hard to drive in reverse without cameras since back visibility is terrible....
I had a similar issue with the Service Center appointment being pushed further back - I ended up messaging them asking for a sooner appointment as I didn't feel safe to drive (my wife didn't feel safe as the Driver Visualization wasn't working) and I was able to bring it in a lot sooner. Maybe that's something you can ask your Service Center since the reverse camera issue is definitely a safety problem.

My computer is currently being replaced for a myriad of issues (Sentry not working, GPS intermittent, no AutoPilot, all cameras not working). Initially thought it was the December Holiday update but alas not. At least we have a loaner (Model X).

Hello, I have the same issue with 2023 Model S here in Finland. GPS has never worked and also autopilot camera is misaligned, waiting for service to review my ticket. The car thinks it is at Tesla factory staging lot in Fremont. Navigation maps and firmware was updated but still no GPS reception.
View attachment 976710

What was your VIN and build date? I have VIN514xxx and the car was built mid May 2023 and it was just delivered last week.
My Model S issue was eventually resolved just by replacing the GPS antenna in November, no other components were needed. Second service visit to body shop was required to align the trunk lid.

Reactions: cancoi