Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nebraska Tesla Club?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless there are a lot more Model 3 people waiting in Omaha than it seems, it's hard to imagine seeing 15-20% increase in EV ownership over the next few months (as crazy as only 300 EV's seems). That's what it would take to burn through the seemingly paltry 50 grants available. There are probably large neighborhoods in the SF bay area which have 300 EV's.

Unless there are a lot more Model 3 people waiting in Omaha than it seems, it's hard to imagine seeing 15-20% increase in EV ownership over the next few months (as crazy as only 300 EV's seems). That's what it would take to burn through the seemingly paltry 50 grants available. There are probably large neighborhoods in the SF bay area which have 300 EV's.

I am moreso worried about the Nissan salesmen being able to push Leafs with a $3000 dealer rebate, $4500 OPPD rebate & $7500 federal.

Would love to get in on ceramic coating (RDS, Owners Pride, Exotic Detail?) - going to Hot Rod PDR for timts tomorrow and going to ask about chrome reduction.

Tagged the car today - $4,600 in Sarpy County, which includes $3,835 sales tax, $75 for Alt Fuel Fee and $100 for Single Plates (no front plate!).

Would love to get in on ceramic coating (RDS, Owners Pride, Exotic Detail?) - going to Hot Rod PDR for timts tomorrow and going to ask about chrome reduction.

Tagged the car today - $4,600 in Sarpy County, which includes $3,835 sales tax, $75 for Alt Fuel Fee and $100 for Single Plates (no front plate!).

How long did it take you to get the paperwork you could take to the DMV after receiving the car?

D8A00128-274B-42D6-AF08-17CD43368485.jpeg

How long did it take you to get the paperwork you could take to the DMV after receiving the car?

Was pretty quick, I’ve had the paperwork for a week or so, just haven’t been in a hurry to pay taxes. 10-14 days seems about right, but I don’t have a lien.

Tried to upload the breakout earlier, but was giving me issues

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing bandwagon! Do you mind me asking what options/purchase price was of the Model 3? Your registration is a lot lower than I thought it would have been. It looks like they are registering off of the $35k MSRP instead of the actual purchase price. Which is great news!

Thanks for the quick reply bandwagon! Ya, I've been trying to calculate all the costs of the car just so I can prepare for the "damage" ;)

This is awesome news though cause I was expecting to have to pay the higher fee listed on that chart. That was also part of the reason I didn't do Enhanced Autopilot, because I assumed you'd have to pay the additional tax/fee annually on the higher cost. Yay for theoretical savings!

Reactions: bandwagon
Wow, I didn't realize La Vista was another 1/2% over Omaha/elsewhere (I 'only' paid $3570 in sales tax). Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised to see they based it on the base price... never paid attention to that before.

So latest charger stop... Capitol Street garage... 2 Chargepoint chargers, 2 Tesla chargers, immediately inside the garage entrance, so feel like royalty. :) I parked there for a CWS game my wife and I attended, although was only a 20 amp unit, got about 8 miles/hr out of it. Then again, I got the section 116, row 11 tickets for free as well, was a great game between OSU and North Carolina.

Vanity plate

chrgd.jpg

Capitol District charger parking spot

charger2.jpg

Last edited:
PSA - The chargepoint chargers are now about $90 cheaper than they were yesterday.
Yep, just saw that, too. Was originally bummed when they went off sale, but figured they would go back on sale at some point soon. Glad I waited. Just purchased this morning and hopefully having 220 installed in garage sometime in the next few days. Lots of variables I know, but what have you guys seen for electrician prices as to 220 installation? Have someone you would recommend?

PSA - The chargepoint chargers are now about $90 cheaper than they were yesterday.

Thanks, The Plug-in 25" was down to $454 but I really did not want that much cord. I decided to get it over with and picked up the Hardwired 18'.

ChargePoint
Hardwired 18' = $519.00 (Ships and sold by Amazon)
Hardwired 18' = $559.00 (Ships and sold by Amazon)
Plug-in 18' = $559.00 (Ships and sold by Amazon)
Plug-in 25' = Says $454.74 (Ships and sold by Essex tech Group)

Thanks, The Plug-in 25" was down to $454 but I really did not want that much cord. I decided to get it over with and picked up the Hardwired 18'.

ChargePoint
Hardwired 18' = $519.00 (Ships and sold by Amazon)
Hardwired 18' = $559.00 (Ships and sold by Amazon)
Plug-in 18' = $559.00 (Ships and sold by Amazon)
Plug-in 25' = Says $454.74 (Ships and sold by Essex tech Group)
I'm not seeing the $454 price...only on some used ones.