Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nebraska Tesla Club?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Nebraska owners,

I'm impatiently waiting for the non-performance AWD Model 3. I'm starting to think about financing. Is there anything to worry about here or could pretty much any bank do it? Does anyone have recommendations?

I would recommend Xceed. Credit Union Loan and Deposit Rates | Xceed Financial Credit Union They have a 1.75% rate which is crazy. You can get a CD that will earn you more than that. You have to donate to heal the bay or another participating charity in order to be a member, but they're familiar with the Tesla process.

I would apply as soon as you place your order as the pre approval process can take a few days and hold things up. Pre approval there is good for 45 days.

Reactions: HyperionMark
That seems about right. Originally the AWD and Performance were both 3-4 months. If true they would be focusing on the Performance then the AWD the RWD. I ordered the AWD a month ago and got no update.

AWD is now $1k cheaper and they are scheduling test drives for the Model 3. Here is what a new reservation is seeing.
Screenshot_20180626-221005.png

So I ordered, had been waiting for AWD, the option was not there this a.m., got an email from Tesla, and it was there, so ordered this afternoon. I thought I would wait for standard battery, but with 3 to 5 month wait, opted for ordering now to try for both 7500 fed tax cred and doug county 4500.

I would recommend Xceed. Credit Union Loan and Deposit Rates | Xceed Financial Credit Union They have a 1.75% rate which is crazy. You can get a CD that will earn you more than that. You have to donate to heal the bay or another participating charity in order to be a member, but they're familiar with the Tesla process.

I would apply as soon as you place your order as the pre approval process can take a few days and hold things up. Pre approval there is good for 45 days.

Those rates are good. I've gone through LightStream a few times and their process is pretty simple, and my current loan is 3.7% for 60mos - nice thing is that the loan is technically unsecured, so there is no lien to worry about.

So I ordered, had been waiting for AWD, the option was not there this a.m., got an email from Tesla, and it was there, so ordered this afternoon. I thought I would wait for standard battery, but with 3 to 5 month wait, opted for ordering now to try for both 7500 fed tax cred and doug county 4500.

Is that your second Model 3 order? Or do you have another Tesla?

Good luck with your delivery Zeeliv. Are you picking up in KC? I just placed my order and it said that based on my zip code my Tesla would be delivered to my house. I'd really prefer to pick it up in Kansas City, but I couldn't find any way to specify that.

Good luck with your delivery Zeeliv. Are you picking up in KC? I just placed my order and it said that based on my zip code my Tesla would be delivered to my house. I'd really prefer to pick it up in Kansas City, but I couldn't find any way to specify that.

They’ll let you choose when you get that initial contact, I will be picking it up.

You can get the delivery fee waived by picking up the car at a location in California. I did that with both my X and S.

Nick
I inquired about that with my most recent purchase and they said I couldn't get it waived. I was actually taking a trip to CA immediately after receiving the car so it was kind of silly, but I paid the 1k fee, picked the car up in Seattle, then drove to CA. This was March 2018. Perhaps they changed the policy since you bought your most recent Tesla.