Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2021 Model S Unveiled January 27, 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dont worry, the steering wheel cannot be manufactured like that. In the US you have to be able to hand over hand turn in a circle. Unless otherwise mentioned the wheel is full lock at a fraction of the rotation which would require you to learn have to drive again.

Sure looks like that is what they are going with. No more stalks either, will be weird to adjust.
yoke.JPG

Missing classic door handles - looks like they're going with Model 3 version.
I wonder if the autopilot stalk will also get moved (ala 3/Y).

Door pockets are nice.
Dual phone dock is nice.
Will be interesting to see how much storage is in center console - do I still get 4 cup holders.

Can't see them bringing that steering wheel to market.

I guarantee you if it is on the order page it will be in production.... This is not a perhaps future... This is the for sale product...

Love that the center screen tilts right/left.

Steering wheel will take a lot of getting used to but makes sense. Top of the wheel always interferes with my view of the IC in my preferred driving position, so I'm on board with lopping it off.

In general, looks great. Well done.
In general, I also like how the new interior looks... and OMG fold down rear cup holders/arm rest... what an IDEA!!!!! What will Tesla think of next (sarcasm - this should have been standard from day 1!)

Reactions: moa999
$10k price increase... People who placed those $100 bets still thinking they're gonna get the old price honored? ;)
I’m sure they researched this but price seems dumb. why increase price that much. (Although not the same features and range etc) Porsche and lucid have cars coming out to directly compete and will also have a 7500 rebate.

So Tesla is the more expensive options

Ugh...so I ordered on 10/19 a Model S LR+ metallic grey with 19' non-tempest and white (because I liked the black interior). We'll see what I get delivered I suppose. Question, if I don't like what I get, am I able to say 'no' I.e. this is not what I ordered? Now I want the black on black interior which is $0.

Bah. First world problems I suppose.

Also...that steering wheel...what is this Cruisin' USA. Meh.

Last edited: