Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 90D AP 2.5??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I was looking for a Model S on cpo-ev.com when I notice brand new Model S' with a 90Dkw battery and AP 2.5 hardware... Is this right? how come there isn't a 90D option on Teslas website but theres a few inventory ones you can get ahold of??

Yes, the new 90Ds rolling off the line right now have AP2.5. Tesla stopped taking new custom 90D orders a few months back. But we've surmised they had a number of extra 90 packs after finishing the custom orders so they are adding a few to new inventory. IMHO, they are a great deal. They are literally rolling off the lines this week with $7,500 discounts, in addition to the $7,500 federal tax credit and $1,000 referral credit/free supercharging. Get them while you can! ;)

I suspect they had some 90 kWh packs they wanted to get rid of, hence the "Limited Supply of 90 kWh" line on the listing page.

Not a bad deal if you want a bigger battery.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-09-10 at 3.56.57 PM.png
    Screenshot 2017-09-10 at 3.56.57 PM.png
    197.5 KB · Views: 96
Unfortunately, they have no upgraded options

This is mostly correct. A few do have PUP and I even saw one with PUP and 21" turbines! Most are black, a few are blue and then there are even fewer midnight silver. In addition, I just saw my first white one.

A few of the black have the multi-pattern seats and are otherwise base level cars. The rest of the black have black vegan leather interiors. The blues mostly have ultra white vegan leather interiors. The midnight silvers are mostly black vegan leather. The white one I saw was white/white. So we are getting some variety. But we also don't know when they will stop rolling of the line. I'd anticipate there won't be too many more built, but I also didn't expect any of these to be built!

I think they are pretty good deals that won't last long. And the best news is that they are at the factory, which means they will ship for free! So no $2,000 transportation fee, as if they were new inventory sitting at a local store or service center.

• Informative
Reactions: yugsy
which are??
You need to search, seriously. Bjorn has documented some, recent caps seem to have been removed. There may be others. I'm really not trying to spread FUD, but the 90s are different from the 100s for a reason. On mobile or I'd see what I could find for you.

Just don't want anyone thinking they are identical to a 100 less 10 and vice versa.

You need to search, seriously. Bjorn has documented some, recent caps seem to have been removed. There may be others. I'm really not trying to spread FUD, but the 90s are different from the 100s for a reason. On mobile or I'd see what I could find for you.

Just don't want anyone thinking they are identical to a 100 less 10 and vice versa.
I assume you are referring to the reported 81.8 KWH vs 98.4 KWH usable capacity between these two packs. Which is a big gap, and yet the EPA range rating is 294 vs 335 miles, i.e. the 90D is 88% that of the 100D. Maybe there are some other minor benefits such as the supercharging curve, but there's also a weight gain. Or is there some other gotcha?

• Informative
Reactions: caltechkid
I assume you are referring to the reported 81.8 KWH vs 98.4 KWH usable capacity between these two packs. Which is a big gap, and yet the EPA range rating is 294 vs 335 miles, i.e. the 90D is 88% that of the 100D. Maybe there are some other minor benefits such as the supercharging curve, but there's also a weight gain. Or is there some other gotcha?
No, capacity levels are well known and the deviation from 'label'. One point is charging level/acceptance. See Bjorn's videos for some details. And it may not apply to brand new 90s.

Let me see if I can dig up something. I definitely recall when the 100s came out they were 'better' than larger 90s.