Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New all metal FUCA oem for model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Replaced my squeaky control arms with new revision from Tesla, only $90 each, all metal similar to meyle HD for half the price, noise free now.

Attachments

• IMG_8158.jpeg
    IMG_8158.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_8159.jpeg
    IMG_8159.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_8156.jpeg
    IMG_8156.jpeg
    689.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_8160.jpeg
    IMG_8160.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 55
I fitted the aluminium Powerflex ones when mine started creaking as the new Tesla ones weren't out here then. The poly bushes they use are a useful upgrade and we do have a rule in UK motorsport for EV production cars which bans metal spherical joints, so it keeps me legal ;)

OP - how do you like them?

These newest OEM FUCAs have been around since August 2022, and yes most 2023 production year 3/Ys do not come with them, instead still use the old black OEM FUCAs... we found part numbers sometime in September of last year.

Time to replace upper-control arm ball joints (ignore the old Meyle video, see pics of OEM FUCAs).

OP - how do you like them?

These newest OEM FUCAs have been around since August 2022, and yes most 2023 production year 3/Ys do not come with them, instead still use the old black OEM FUCAs... we found part numbers sometime in September of last year.

Time to replace upper-control arm ball joints (ignore the old Meyle video, see pics of OEM FUCAs).
The best part car is noise free. The car feels little more nimble, old my FUCA had 84k mi on them. I have 2018 model 3 DM+ with performance suspension from 2021 m3p. I like model 3s handling, wouldn’t change anything except for sway bars.

Reactions: Perscitus
I had just completed my FUCA with polyurathane and ptfe combo. I hope that these 2 combo will eliminate the squeaking noises over time. Will see. I could just make them out of solid ptfe as well.
It is too cold to install these now as snow is starting to fall. Will wait till spring to put these on along with all my other reworked suspension pieces.
These are the Moog arms as recommended by a member on this forum. I hope that it will fit like the atock ones. Pressing the bushings out take a little creative thinking.

Attachments

• 20231220_135347.jpg
    20231220_135347.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited: