Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Blackvue Dashcam (DR750S)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own a brand new 650s 2ch 128 sealed never opened that I bought and never installed. I'm thinking about buying a 750s 128gb even tho I'm new to dashcams. I bought my model x in June 2016 and love it and I plan on keeping it until Tesla are able to drive themselves.

Should I buy a 750s or just get my 650s installed? Also do I need an external battery like the power pro or cell link if I want the dashcam to record when I'm not in the car?

Thank You for any replies.

I own a brand new 650s 2ch 128 sealed never opened that I bought and never installed. I'm thinking about buying a 750s 128gb even tho I'm new to dashcams. I bought my model x in June 2016 and love it and I plan on keeping it until Tesla are able to drive themselves.

Should I buy a 750s or just get my 650s installed? Also do I need an external battery like the power pro or cell link if I want the dashcam to record when I'm not in the car?

Thank You for any replies.

You can wire it into the car, the OBD port stays on all the time so you don't need a power pro to record in parking mode. I would recommend the 750S but the wiring on both are the same so you can upgrade later. You can even do a 4 channel install on the X if you prefer

You can wire it into the car, the OBD port stays on all the time so you don't need a power pro to record in parking mode. I would recommend the 750S but the wiring on both are the same so you can upgrade later. You can even do a 4 channel install on the X if you prefer

Not a bad idea! Maybe I'll buy the 750s for the front and back and put the 650s on the sides.

For those who have their Dash Cam on wifi, how's the data usage on it? Are you using a portable LTE and just leave it in your car connected to a portable battery?

I have only had the cam for about a week. I use an in-car LTE hot spot. Yes I keep it always connected. I have unlimited data on my plan but, so you know, the cam is not always streaming on the cloud (which is what I thought originally). You actually need to 'connect' to it via the app and when you do streaming is initiated while you are watching on the app. So you are only paying for data while streaming during this connection, plus the normal data for push notifications and syncing of file lists of recorded videos (actual video files only transfer over data if you initiate a specific transfer of the file on the app). I don't know exact data usage but given the nature of how this works I do not think its very much data on a routine basis.

As far as portable battery I have my hot spot connected to the constant 12V that powers the dash cam.

Mount Bracket Blackvue DR650GW-S&750S available Soon

ezgif-5-a753648d7b.gif
S-AP2-b.jpg

Reactions: vandacca
Does anyone have a problem with the mobile app where it always same same ID is used? I only saw this error when I logged into my computer and then into the app, but without logging into my computer I am starting to see this error with one of the latest app updates. I changed my password thinking maybe my account got hacked, but still happening after I haven't been in the app for a while.

Does anyone have a problem with the mobile app where it always same same ID is used? I only saw this error when I logged into my computer and then into the app, but without logging into my computer I am starting to see this error with one of the latest app updates. I changed my password thinking maybe my account got hacked, but still happening after I haven't been in the app for a while.
Yes, it happens to me quite frequently.

Yes...mine is always doing this recently. Glad it doesn’t mean someone else is logging into our accounts

Could someone give me advice on best positioning for the rear camera (DR750S) on Model X liftgate that minimizes interference of the defroster wires in the visual field? Base of camera mount up against plastic trim? Or lower down closer to first wire, or elsewhere? The install videos don’t have a consensus. Thanks!

Could someone give me advice on best positioning for the rear camera (DR750S) on Model X liftgate that minimizes interference of the defroster wires in the visual field? Base of camera mount up against plastic trim? Or lower down closer to first wire, or elsewhere? The install videos don’t have a consensus. Thanks!
I have mine near the top, as close to the trim as possible. Works fine there, never hand any issues. It's also a cleaner look since the cable is as short as possible coming out of the trim.