Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Blackvue Dashcam (DR750S)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

K-MTG

Sunshade Captain of TMC
Oct 24, 2015
Irvine, CA
I previously did a review of the Blackvue DR650S Review + Tesla Model X Install and it has been awesome on my Model X. I noticed mention of the DR750S on the mobile app update release notes and did some googling and found these infographics.

Will probably get this for my Model 3 and try to get one as soon as its available so I can post a review for you guys!

blackvue-dash-cam-dr750s-2ch-60fps-starvis-cloud-1.jpg
blackvue-dash-cam-dr750s-wi-fi-cloud-gps.jpg
blackvue-dash-cam-dr750s-motion-impact-detection-g-sensor.png
blackvue-dash-cam-dr750s-2ch-button-proximity-sensor.jpg

Attachments

• blackvue-dash-cam-dr750s-2ch-60fps-starvis-cloud.jpg
    blackvue-dash-cam-dr750s-2ch-60fps-starvis-cloud.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 84
While this isn't the DR650 format, they just listed a DR750LW-2ch model which comes with the LCD screen. This camera like the fairly newly released DR490 comes with Sony CMOS sensors for low light. Here's Blackvue's article on the new 750LW: DR750LW-2CH . The downloadable manual for it is at the bottom of that page.

Here's things I noted about it. The DR750LW uses coaxial cable connectors as shown in the manual. Specs for the DR750LW-2ch start on Page 47, and GPS is an external option. Also surprised that the Memory size for the MicroSD card only goes up to 64GB. We have a Blackvue 128GB microSD card in our 650S right now. So that seems a bit strange. 30 fps on front and rear cameras. Video compression is MP4 (like the 650S). Operating temp: -4F to 140F (-20C to 60C), same as current DR650S.

Worth noting that the recently released DR490-2ch (with same camera footprint as the DR650S) with FHD on both cameras advertises that front camera with the Sony sensor give great nighttime images. Curious they didn't say front and back cameras since the specs do list the Sony CMOS sensor for both cameras. Again weird. It has RCA jacks for the rear camera and an optional GPS option. Webpage for the DR490-2ch: DR490-2CH - Simple Dual Full HD Dashcam by BlackVue™ On Page 40 of this manual it says that Night Vision is only active in Parking Mode....Seriously What?! What about when your driving and someone at night rear ends you? The microSD card in this unit goes up to 128GB (like the current DR650S). 30 fps on front and rear cameras. Video compression is AVI. Operating temp: -4F to 158F (-20C to 70C)

Hmm. Can't wait to see what the rest of the specs and operating info for the DR750S will be. Sure hope the connectors used for the DR650S can be reused on the DR750S to save from rewiring if we end up upgrading.

Peeking around their website more and looks like maybe they have upgraded their Blackvue microSD card features as well. Found this on their website which says it has Event File Protection (up to 50 event videos from being overwritten) and adaptive format-free file management for better stability and less frequent reformatting. blackvue-dash-cam-adaptive-format-free-event-file-protection - BlackVue

Also found this chart posted on 7/25/17 showing the current cameras and their connectors: table - BlackVue

Last edited:
Thank you so much for sharing this. I know I want a dashcam but when is a good time to get in?

It's always an arms race with newer versions and features. Is there a killer feature on the horizon like built in cell chip or something for cloud viewing without wifi?

Once one is setup is it easy to just upgrade?

Thank you so much for sharing this. I know I want a dashcam but when is a good time to get in?

It's always an arms race with newer versions and features. Is there a killer feature on the horizon like built in cell chip or something for cloud viewing without wifi?

Appears to use the same wiring as DR650S

As an avid Tesla fan/investor, you should know better. Dash cam is just like Tesla in terms of innovation. The best time to get in is NOW ;)

The dash cam you get today is going to be the same exact cam few months down the road. It might get software updates to get more features, etc., just like a Tesla. However your neighbor down the road might get a newer one with even better hardware, but you will care less as you still have the same dash cam you got few months ago that you were happy with.

The earlier you get the better. You never know what could happen tomorrow and a dash cam could've saved you from liability issues.

Last edited:
As an avid Tesla fan/investor, you should know better. Dash cam is just like Tesla in terms of innovation. The best time to get in is NOW ;)

The dash cam you get today is going to be the same exact cam few months down the road. It might get software updates to get more features, etc., just like a Tesla. However your neighbor down the road might get a newer one with even better hardware, but you will care less as you still have the same dash cam you got few months ago that you were happy with.

The earlier you get the better. You never know what could happen tomorrow and a dash cam could've saved you from liability issues.

They tend to be annually with Blackvue as far as refreshes.

Well got to make use of our Blackvue 650S tonight. Got a video of a smash and grab in progress but we unfortunately were one of the targets of it. Glad we had the dashcam in our car. The guy had no idea he was filmed I'm sure. Did a nice walk in front of the camera too on his way to the next vehicle. Property damage to our side rear small window (hopefully no damage to rear seat from the glass or body of car); other vehicle that got targeted lost his rear window and had personal property taken too. Felt bad for them. Doubtful we'll ever get made whole for our property damage but maybe if they get caught the other family might get their items back. This was an act that took less than 3 minutes and all filmed during a 3-minute Parking video file. Now for the fun stuff to deal with.

As for us, when the new dashcam comes out we'll likely upgrade to it for the new features and either sell this one or put it in our other car which doesn't have one. Thankfully this was minor compared to a traffic accident.

Last edited:

Yes I appreciate the irony 100 percent as I pretty much tell fellow owners their car will be outdated in some form or another within months of their purchase but you need to just dive in or never own a Tesla.

Well got to make use of our Blackvue 650S tonight. Got a video of a smash and grab in progress but we unfortunately were one of the targets of it. Glad we had the dashcam in our car. The guy had no idea he was filmed I'm sure. Did a nice walk in front of the camera too on his way to the next vehicle. Property damage to our side rear small window (hopefully no damage to rear seat from the glass or body of car); other vehicle that got targeted lost his rear window and had personal property taken too. Felt bad for them. Doubtful we'll ever get made whole for our property damage but maybe if they get caught the other family might get their items back. This was an act that took less than 3 minutes and all filmed during a 3-minute Parking video file. Now for the fun stuff to deal with.

As for us, when the new dashcam comes out we'll likely upgrade to it for the new features and either sell this one or put it in our other car which doesn't have one. Thankfully this was minor compared to a traffic accident.

That's awful that happened to me on my non-Tesla in SF by fishermen's warf. They broke the rear window and crawled into the trunk and stole my laptop!

Can you post the video?

Sucks to hear this, hopefully the police will take care of this person. How was the visibility if this was done at night? I just installed mine, but it can't see anything at night since it doesn't have IR.